Best Tear Jerker Music Pieces

For the rest of your otaku life.
doodlemancy

Re: Best Tear Jerker Music Pieces

#16 Post by doodlemancy »

I recently watched The Tale Of Princess Kaguya. The music of the Celestial Beings (Part I,Part II) definitely brings tears now. It's so pretty and joyful, but in the movie it essentially represents the "death" of a beloved character.

I can't find the track anywhere on youtube, but there's also a sad/strings version of the Silver Spoon anime's main theme that makes me cry like a baby, because it's played over the scene where
one of the characters loses their family farm and is forced to sell all their animals

And in not-anime, Zelda's Lullaby from the LoZ games also makes me cry now. It's always been my favorite piece and the Skyward Sword version of it is so pretty and sad ;___;

Arkentut
Tumblr: arkentut

#17 Post by Arkentut »

Secret Base from Anohana is still my number one tearjerker music.

Followed by Libera Me From Hell from Gurren Lagann, it wasn't supposed to be sad, but
if you finish the whole anime and recall about Kamina and Kittan, there goes the tears that make the producers happy
Then, every music in Puella Magi Madoka Magica is really sad for some reasons. Last but not least, Rain from Kotonoha no Niwa.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#18 Post by Laiska »

truefaiterman wrote:Ashes of Dreams, the only song in NieR written in English (or in a not-mixed-fictional language, anyway).

The melody is pretty emotional, and the song itself is simply devastating.
^^^THIS

Also on the topic of video games, Gwyn's Theme from Dark Souls tears me up every single time. It's so melancholy and subtle and just utterly fitting.

Also my favourite final boss theme in any game, hands down.