What's your reaction after watching a really amazing anime?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Uuzuchan

What's your reaction after watching a really amazing anime?

#1 Post by Uuzuchan »

What's your reaction after watching a super amazing anime?
I downloaded 102 pictures of Kuroshitsuji after watching it :?.

Aines445
Regular

Re: What's your reaction after watching a really amazing ani

#2 Post by Aines445 »

It depends on what you mean with "amazing":
  1. If you're just saying "amazing", then I go like "Holy shizzles, my instinct was actually right." And then I keep thinking about it until I realize that it had some really bad flaws but shrug this off and forget about it. If it didn't have those bad flaws I just keep thinking about how cool it was and about certain characters and things of the story until it eventually leaves my mind to be remembered at a later time.
  2. If you're saying "surprisingly amazing", then I go like "Wow, this is actually an anime of good quality. It's actually well-made! Finally, I came across a well-made anime!!" And then I do the same thing as above.
  3. If you're saying "amazingly terrible" however, that is a whole other thing. After completely tearing it apart/making fun of it as I watched it, I usually make sure I point out on how terrible it is, make a ton of references on it, laugh at anything that reminds me of it, and keep thinking about how stupid it was and at how I made fun of it and/or the jokes that I made about it.
  4. Buuut, if you're saying, "amazingly enjoyable yet not good" which sounds like something no one would ever say, I get really immersed in the fandom. No, I don't mean I become a huge fangirl, I mean that I just go and search every single thing about it and rewatch my favourite parts, I even go as far as check fanart, etc (and other things... Ahem!) This kind of case usually happens when I really like the characters though, so it's not as frequent.
I'm weird, I know.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#3 Post by Caveat Lector »

I look up its fanfiction. :lol: Though it does depend on what you mean by "amazing".
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

OmegasOblivion

#4 Post by OmegasOblivion »

Sometimes I get angry lol because I want more :( but I tend to look for fanfiction too xD

Starshine
Veteran
Completed: http://berry-melon.blogspot.co.uk/2016/ ... -2016.html
Projects: Pancake Surprise (2016)
Tumblr: http://bettybooplover.tumblr.com
Deviantart: berry-melon
Soundcloud: sweepea-1

#5 Post by Starshine »

Well if i watch a anime that i find to be amazing, i wait for sequels and see if any games were released related to the anime.
http://berry-melon.blogspot.com
I'm not resting until I find
What would make your eyes
Glisten like mine
With loves divine!

Boo-Boo I couldn't aspire....to anything...
Higher...than to fill that one desire to make it
My own....Bop-Bop-a-Dop-Boop-Oop-a-Doop honey?

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#6 Post by Pyonkotchi »

i get upset and feel empty inside bc its over :(
then ill read the manga or vn if it exists

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#7 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

After I finish watching an anime, I usually feel very wistful and nostalgic. I'll stare into space for awhile. Then I'll feel empty because I know all the adventures, fun, and drama is over. I'll watch a few clips to relive the magic, but it isn't the same.

I remember discussing about that feeling to some fans of an anime I enjoyed and they felt the same way after watching it. There ought to be a word for it.

Honest Critique

Uuzuchan

#8 Post by Uuzuchan »

Aines445 wrote:It depends on what you mean with "amazing":
  1. If you're just saying "amazing", then I go like "Holy shizzles, my instinct was actually right." And then I keep thinking about it until I realize that it had some really bad flaws but shrug this off and forget about it. If it didn't have those bad flaws I just keep thinking about how cool it was and about certain characters and things of the story until it eventually leaves my mind to be remembered at a later time.
  2. If you're saying "surprisingly amazing", then I go like "Wow, this is actually an anime of good quality. It's actually well-made! Finally, I came across a well-made anime!!" And then I do the same thing as above.
  3. If you're saying "amazingly terrible" however, that is a whole other thing. After completely tearing it apart/making fun of it as I watched it, I usually make sure I point out on how terrible it is, make a ton of references on it, laugh at anything that reminds me of it, and keep thinking about how stupid it was and at how I made fun of it and/or the jokes that I made about it.
  4. Buuut, if you're saying, "amazingly enjoyable yet not good" which sounds like something no one would ever say, I get really immersed in the fandom. No, I don't mean I become a huge fangirl, I mean that I just go and search every single thing about it and rewatch my favourite parts, I even go as far as check fanart, etc (and other things... Ahem!) This kind of case usually happens when I really like the characters though, so it's not as frequent.
I'm weird, I know.
I totally understand. That's EXACTLY what I would do.
OmegasOblivion wrote:Sometimes I get angry lol because I want more :( but I tend to look for fanfiction too xD
Fanfiction? Never thought of it :shock: . I'll definitely look for some.
Starshine wrote:Well if i watch a anime that i find to be amazing, i wait for sequels and see if any games were released related to the anime.
I do the same thing. I get overjoy when there is a sequel or something related to the anime :cry:.
Green Glasses Girl wrote:After I finish watching an anime, I usually feel very wistful and nostalgic. I'll stare into space for awhile. Then I'll feel empty because I know all the adventures, fun, and drama is over. I'll watch a few clips to relive the magic, but it isn't the same.

I remember discussing about that feeling to some fans of an anime I enjoyed and they felt the same way after watching it. There ought to be a word for it.
I know right? I'll feel really empty, and I'll even cry if it's like my favorite anime :(.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#9 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I obsessively look up every fact about the series, go through withdrawal, re-watch, detox and then fan for life haha :D
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#10 Post by sendo »

I read its TVTropes entry. I look up if there is a manga/lightnovel adaptation. I download the ED/OP (esp the karaoke version so i can sing along), even BGM OSTs if they sound good. I then add it on my big list of anime ED/OP/BGM playlist. Then I add it to my personal list of "must-rewatch" anime series. :3
Finished VNs:
Image Image

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#11 Post by Chasing Summer »

I get upset and feel empty. I get so invested and attached to the characters (yes, even in comedy / parodies like Ouran Host Club) I feel like crying when I have to let them go...
new account: sonnenblumen

Crenshaw6
Regular

#12 Post by Crenshaw6 »

I usually amass a giant collection of music, wallpapers, character art, fanart ... for the ones I enjoy and then let it sit for a few years. It is really revisiting the collections many years later. Lovely walk through memories. PC and phone wallpaper will also change accordingly.

For the ones I really enjoy, I'd read the manga. I'll also find fanfiction to ease the pain of the series ending.

Kensela
Regular

#13 Post by Kensela »

Find out if there is or will be a 2nd season of course!
If not then spend a good 2 weeks looking up fanart/fanfiction/AMVs of the show.
Also spend a lot of time looking up history and facts about the show

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#14 Post by Rinima »

I fangirl.
I go on and on and on about it, make it so my friends are sick of hearing about it, and then read lots of fanfiction, doujinshi's and watch AMV's for several weeks before moving on and starting the process again with a new anime.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by try10 »

I look up for and sequels ovas and movies. If there are none then, fanfiction, here I come! :D I wish I could cosplay too, but where I live people would think I'm insane and there are no shops where I can buy the costumes ( not to mention that buying them online would cost a fortune :().