Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Favourite Final Fantasy?

#16 Post by Ran08 »

Omg, LRH, I super duper loved 8! It's my favorite. <3 Hahahaha. I even loved the characters. Lol. Rino and Squall. <3 Ooooooooh. (Btw, off topic but... I wonder where I heard LRH before...? Hahaha...)

Anyway, I think most FF games I've played are for the DS. Hahaha. My favorite has got to be Chocobo Tales. Lol! So cute! :) My cousins who also had the game liked it as well. Hahaha. Hmm, FFIII is my first FF game, so it holds a special memory in my heart. <3 Hahaha. I was around 10 when I first played it. Let's see... what else.. hmm, I liked Ring of Fates as well. Haha. I had quite a hard time beating that game, but it was awesome. Hahaha. I didn't like Revenant Wings though. The gameplay just didn't amaze me.

LRH
Regular

#17 Post by LRH »

Ran08 wrote:Omg, LRH, I super duper loved 8! It's my favorite. <3 Hahahaha. I even loved the characters. Lol. Rino and Squall. <3 Ooooooooh. (Btw, off topic but... I wonder where I heard LRH before...? Hahaha...)
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who super duper loved 8, it seems to be a very unpopular game, as Final Fantasy games go. I wonder what it was that people didn't like about it?

I've used LRH (Long Road Home) as a name for several virtual horse ranch games, a model horse ranch, and HARPG on Deviantart, so it's possible it's because I've been around a few hobbies.

InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

#18 Post by InvertMouse »

Final Fantasy 6 has to be my favorite :D. Four comes pretty close. Really enjoyed IV's complete collection on the PSP a few years back.

Marldia

#19 Post by Marldia »

I'm surprised 9 is in the mix of which FF games are considered popular. It is my favorite, but I've always felt it is a little under appreciated :( Love the sort of fairy tale atmosphere, going back to the classic FF kind of world. Absolutely in love with Zidane and Dagger, such a cute love story. I also very much enjoy FF7. Another great love story with some very memorable music and epic mini games.

I do think FF8 tends to be hard to come across fans, but when you meet an FF8 fan, they are usually pretty die hard, haha. I think it's because it is so different than the others.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#20 Post by Fungii »

For me, it's 12. Though I did really enjoy the job system in FF3 for DS

uwah

#21 Post by uwah »

Does Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles count? I've been watching my friend play it and I absolutely adore it!

lolipopu

#22 Post by lolipopu »

Final Fantasy 10 (x) and 10 -2 (x-2).

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#23 Post by Ran08 »

@Marldia
You're right, hahaha. I'm a die hard fan too. Lol. Rinoa is just so cooooool. I kinda dislike her voice though. Hahaha. The gameplay may not be as good as others, but it's still pretty awesome.

@uwah
I finished that game! I totally love it as well, haha, it was awesome. You should definitely try it out yourself. Hahaha. Just borrow the game from your friend. :))

Instant Loser

#24 Post by Instant Loser »

I know it's pretty overrated, but Final Fantasy VII holds a special place in my heart. It was basically the first game I played for the plot and invested a lot of time into when I was a kid.

But I think FFX might be my favorite. I really want to play FFIX, it looks awesome. I just haven't found the time for it yet!

EDIT: Oh, and I can't forget about Final Fantasy Tactics. I played that a lot after I beat VII. I never beat it though...

Chibi Subaru
Regular
Projects: A Very Important Date
Organization: Naïve Sprites
Tumblr: naivesprites
Deviantart: naivesprites
itch: naivesprites

#25 Post by Chibi Subaru »

I have to say 8 is my overall favorite even though the story has some plot hole issues. I really like the art, the music, and the story (though the plot holes do annoy me at times).

7 and 9 are also my favorites.

Nathan
Regular
Completed: Saving Zoey[2014]

#26 Post by Nathan »

If spin-offs count, I'd say Crisis Core - Final Fantasy 7 was the best for me. The story was just awesome and so heart-breaking at the end. But if only main games are counted, FF6 was the best, followed closely by FF7 and FF4(the remake on PSP was da bomb!).

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#27 Post by LVUER »

IDK if it's over right now, but Square Enix is in the middle of big discount. All FF on PS consoles (PS3, PSP, Vita) are getting $50 discounts. Better grab it fast.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Albedo

#28 Post by Albedo »

Tactics, best plot in the whole series, and the psp translation makes it even better. And the gameplay was great, the battles themselves were a step down from Tactics Ogre, but the job system was awesome.

If that doesn't count, then 6 :P

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#29 Post by CrimsonMoon »

FFVIII for me. I'm a sucker for cool, mysterious characters like Squall. FFX, FF X-2 and FFIX are pretty good too.
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

jamesfoster

#30 Post by jamesfoster »

I always go for FFIII, its cool, never had bad experience with the game.