Favourite Final Fantasy?

For the rest of your otaku life.
LinovaA

Re: Favourite Final Fantasy?

#31 Post by LinovaA »

Final Fantasy X for me. All day, every day.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#32 Post by Rinima »

LinovaA wrote:Final Fantasy X for me. All day, every day.
2nd's.
*coughmayormaynothavegottenitforchristmasandnotstoppedplayingityetcough*
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

truefaiterman
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes of the Codex War. [ASH] The Seeds of Destruction
Projects: One Night of [SNOW], Stained with Magic
Deviantart: truefaiterman

#33 Post by truefaiterman »

I'll say IX, it has the charisma, the humour, the epic story, lots of references, I love its gameplay...
Artist and voice actor, trying to actually write stuff.

ArtStation portfolio
Youtube channel

Recent finished projects:

Image Image

champignonkinoko
Regular

#34 Post by champignonkinoko »

I started with FF7 (which got a sibling of mine very grumpy because I accidentally saved over his files).
Maybe because I started with FF7, I still find the scenes very magical. It was the first FF with drastic improvement in graphics, maybe that's why too.

I've played the earlier FFs as well, and watched cutscenes for later FFs (for some reason, I couldn't get immersed in the other FFs)....
Which FF do you think has the highest replay value? I know I've replayed some ><

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#35 Post by netravelr »

8 or 10. Triple Triad/Blitzball for the win!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

WizzyGameMaster
Regular
Projects: Misfits. Summon!
Deviantart: WizzyGameMaster

#36 Post by WizzyGameMaster »

8 would probably be number 1 for me. Even though it pisses me off more than every other game I have ever played in my lifetime added together. Which happens to be a lot. Which reminds me that I still have to finish that one. Almost had it once, then I accidentally saved over my game and had to start over from the very begining. You can imagine how badly I was swearing after that (and I hardly ever swear)
Triple Triad is especially effective when it comes to making me lose my temper... Even though I love it.
X and X-2 would be tied for second. X-2 was the first one that I actually managed to beat. Even though few others seem to like it, it is still a favorite.
But then again, I have yet to play 7 & 13, which I hear are two of the best.

ImmaDeker
Regular
Organization: "Glycerine" by Bush

#37 Post by ImmaDeker »

9 is a masterpiece, through and through. It's the best one in terms of story, gameplay, aesthetic, etc.
WizzyGameMaster wrote: But then again, I have yet to play 7 & 13, which I hear are two of the best.
Those people are filthy liars.

Selwyn
Tumblr: charmysketches

#38 Post by Selwyn »

Final Fantasy IX is hands down my favorite Final Fantasy games I've ever played. From the character design, the story, the music; everything about FF9 is appealing to me. I've written a bit of short fanfiction about FF9 that I've considered making into doujinshi. (Check it out here, if you'd like: http://archiveofourown.org/users/Selwyn ... uary/works)
LRH wrote:I'm going with the unpopular opinion here... I adored 8. The graphics, for its time, on a console, were amazing, and it was my first exposure to JRPGs. Sure, Rinoa was irritating at best, and I got kind of sick of hot-headed Zell, and Seifer really needed to cut it out with the chicken-wuss insults, but in hindsight, I think that means I probably had a pretty good understanding of how Squall felt through the whole game.
I still have a fondness for FF8, it's been so long since I've played it though. Perhaps one day I'll have to live stream a play through and see if I'm remembering it through nostalgia tinted glasses.

haipro2001

#39 Post by haipro2001 »

X has the best story.
VII most popular in the US/EU
IV better gameplay
but ff6 is my favorite.

hadaly_habal

#40 Post by hadaly_habal »

FFVII was my first. I was extremely hyped and it didn't disappoint. Midgar had such an interesting and unique atmosphere. FFIX also has a special place in my heart (Vivi was awesome!), although I didn't really play it that much. Most of the time I watched my sister play it (the only RPG she ever got into).
But my favourite FF would be X. I loved the battle system, the story and all the emotions it made me feel!

noctos
Regular
Projects: Aeris
Tumblr: noctos

#41 Post by noctos »

I'll always be an FFX person. It's part nostalgia from watching my sister play when I was little, but it's also an interest that continued to grow when I got older and managed to play on my own. I enjoyed FFXIII-2 as well ;;
Tentatively working on my first project ☆

Enigma
Veteran

#42 Post by Enigma »

I like FF6 the best, I didn't really like the ones beyond that besides XII. 7 didn't hold my interest beyond Midgar, 8 was okay but I didn't like the Junctioning too much, 9's battles felt kinda slow to me, 10's story was horrible, never played 11, and 13 is...13. 14 was kinda fun but my guild sucked so I didn't ever have company when playing.

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#43 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

how I have missed this debate ??

Anyway, my favorite FF remains VIII (8)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Laluune
Regular

#44 Post by Laluune »

FFVIII was my favourite, I loved the characters and the backstory and the fact I couldn't finish the castle so I haven't actually finished the game haha. My favourite character was Seifer and I had a soft spot for Quistis, no idea why. I enjoyed just running around exploring, I over levelled alot in that game, level 15 to fight Ifrit haha.

I also enjoyed FF... 12 I think it was. It was different and I liked the characters.

I couldn't get into FF10 because I didn't like Tidus and Yuna, I loooooved Wakka though, favourite character hands down.

FF9 was my first FF and I have a soft spot for it. FF7 is the only one I've actually finished.

I didn't like FF13 because it was so linear, I really wanted to like it but it wasn't for me.

Electromancer
Regular
Completed: A New and Beautiful World [Ludum Dare 30], Lull [Ludum Dare 31], Palinurus [NaNoRenO 2015], Seeds of Sylvia [Secret Santa 2015], Fare Thee Well [NaNoRenO 2016]
Projects: Republic of Stories
Organization: Freelance

#45 Post by Electromancer »

Final Fantasy IV, with VI close behind.

IV just had something really unique about all the characters, that I can't quite get behind. Cecil's journey from being a Dark Night to becoming a Paladin, Kain's struggle with jealousy and redemption, it was all really great.
Student activist. Son of immigrants. Published poet, author. Young but experienced freelance writer at $0.05/word, DM for portfolio. Buddhist. BLM.