Does anybody here make bishounen and raising games too?

For the rest of your otaku life.
kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

Does anybody here make bishounen and raising games too?

#1 Post by kara24601 »

Are there sister/brother sites and sister/brother boards to Lemma Soft?

I'm only asking 'cause I'm also interested in any ren'ai on the flip side ( ie girl after boy and everything in between ) and raising games.

Doesn't matter if it's raising a child ala Princess Maker or raising an animal ( wether legendary or based on real animal ) or whatever , ...any other non-violent game you could think of would be nice to discuss too.

( P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong area )

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#2 Post by rioka »

I can help you with the bishounen game - Love Revolution: Fragile Hearts. It's still in progress though.

As for a game similar to Princess Maker, there are none that I know of.

Eiji
Regular

#3 Post by Eiji »

I played the "warez" game PM2.. (it never was formally released.. but you can find it on the net if you look hard enough)

as for raising sims... Graduation isnt a bad one if you like being a teacher... but for sibling ones, I have no idea where to start for that...gomen ne...
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas

kara24601
Veteran

#4 Post by kara24601 »

ack sorry for the accidental double post...
I'll think of something better to put here later as I'm having a very crappy day today.
Please forgive any emotional outbursts.
:oops: :lol:
Last edited by kara24601 on Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kara24601
Veteran

#5 Post by kara24601 »

Thanks , I already have Graduation....well...it's packed up somewhere but I'm going to buy another copy sometime anyway since ritestuff has it and it's so cheap. It's not a great game since the screens too small , the VAs are crappy , and the sound tinkering is difficult but it's one of those "so stupid it's funny" sort of games and the Japanese VAs are better ....the opening and ending themes are great and there's lots of little things that ARE cool about it.
I also have PM2 , I just haven't played it in a long time.
And I look forward to any original projects , ( which was mostly what I was wondering about in the first place just in case some people didn't get that ....lol ) , look forward to your / that game(s) , eclipse

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#6 Post by Sai »

Well this isn't a fan-made game, to my knowledge, but it is a raising game as far as I know.
Gainax (they seem to like making their own doujin/spinoff games for their own series such as the Eva cardgame) has released some "Raising Project" games featuring the Evangelion anime characters.
I only know of the Ayanami Rei Raising Project and the recently released Shinji Ikari Raising Project ( http://www.gainax.co.jp/soft/shinji/index.html ).

There's a topic over at Megatokyo about the new Shinji one:
http://forums.megatokyo.com/index.php?showtopic=1686859

Otherwise though put something like Ayanami Rei Raising Project into Google and you should get a lot of results.

Eiji
Regular

#7 Post by Eiji »

kara24601 wrote:Thanks , I already have Graduation....well...it's packed up somewhere but I'm going to buy another copy sometime anyway since ritestuff has it and it's so cheap. It's not a great game since the screens too small , the VAs are crappy , and the sound tinkering is difficult
yeah.. I had an idea for a Ren'Ai myself.. but the way it was going it would be more of a Final Fantasy clone with Ren'Ai elements
(then again.. I think thats what happens in Skies of Arcadia.. Vyse ends up a close friend of either of the two girls... I forget their names off the top of my head)
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#8 Post by rioka »

Wasn't it Aika and Fina?

Do you have a new ren'ai project, Eiji?

Eiji
Regular

#9 Post by Eiji »

not a new one.. its the one I shelved to get busy on the "Iron Thunder" project (the MMOG my buddies and me are working on... and I'm pleased to say we may have a prototype by next Computerfest.. which is in March 2005)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#10 Post by papillon »

*grin* Well, there's my Charm School and associated other products in development... Also there are some other sites that focus on "virtual pet" type raising games.

Graduation was worth the money (since it's SO cheap) but not that great a game, alas.

CS was the first game I finished, so there a lot of things I'd like to do differently. Give me enough time (and get enough people to help fund me) and there will be more and better. :)

Eiji
Regular

#11 Post by Eiji »

papillon wrote:*grin* Well, there's my Charm School and associated other products in development... Also there are some other sites that focus on "virtual pet" type raising games.
Yeah.. I tried the demo of CharmSchool.. its surprizingly well done for amateurs..
(then again, MYST and Command and Conquer both were done by amateurs at first....)

Eiji
Regular

just thought of something...

#12 Post by Eiji »

I just remembered....
I heard there was a version of Graduation called "Graduation M".. in which all the students are males...
but I'm sure its not translated yet...

kara24601
Veteran

#13 Post by kara24601 »

Yeah , Aika and Fina.
I love that game.

I always thought there should've been more ren'ai moments in it too.
Some people think that he's more interested in one than the other but I disagree...since certain parts in the game should make it apparent
that he likes both of them , I'm surprised that nobody considered him romantically interested in Fina , claiming the kiss or whatever scene he had with Aika was more romantic than the one with Fina.
:roll:

Anyway , thanks everyone for your posts.

I have Graduation and although it's stupid in alot of ways and weird in the technical issues and execution department , I love it. It's like when you find a "B" movie you really like ( aka Killer Klowns From Outer Space and Vegas In Space ) , they're so bad they're good ..you can't help but love 'em.