papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Princess maker 2

#16 Post by papillon »

once I finally get Fatal Hearts out the door, I can start coding for Cute Knight 2... :)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#17 Post by azureXtwilight »

Urgh, training her sure is difficult.
They said the 3rd is already out, right...?

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#18 Post by Hime »

azureXtwilight wrote:Urgh, training her sure is difficult.
They said the 3rd is already out, right...?
Actually, the newest one is Princess Maker 5... The problem though, is that none of the other games have been translated into English. ^^;

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

Uuuugh!!!!
Why!!!!
Even if it's sold and not free, I'll buy the newest version!
I can't speak japanese!!!

luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

#20 Post by luminarious »

I found it, played it and got extremely frustrated.. :P

On gamefaqs, I found the different endings and what their requirements are (I won't post the link to avoid spoiling anything) and then I tried to get one of the rarer ones. Oh boy, it was hard. I finally resorted to cheating, but even then I had to get an extra 100000G to afford all the schooling necessary.. :S

I'm sure someone more mathematically inclined wouldn't need to resort to such unfair measures, but I'm still kinda shocked.. :P

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by monele »

It is a very hard game. Or at least I thought it was ^^;... I could never get anything else than the very basic endings...

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#22 Post by musical74 »

It is VERY hard to get anything outside of the basic endings without cheating...I remember getting one of the rarer ones once and was shocked that I got it.

It would be nice if they would translate all the PM games to English...surprised they translated PM 2...wonder what the train of thought is on whether or not they translate a game from Japanese to other languages.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#23 Post by LVUER »

Still play PM2 until now. Good for wasting time when you are stressed, with cheats of course. If not, you're bound to get more stressed.

There are Korean translation (officials one) for PM3-5. Oh, I'm so jealous. why not English translations???

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#24 Post by papillon »

Because the market isn't big enough for them to spend the money. Duh. :)

Especially considering the nightmare of the Princess Maker 2 translation, which never made it to market, and all the time and money on it was completely wasted. Why on earth would they go through that again?

Considering that every English fan is by definition a pirate (since the game was never sold)... they're not terribly impressed with the idea of selling to us. :) (I do legally own the PM box set though! But very few english PM fans do...)

If Cute Knight had been a smash retail success that might have changed their minds, but it wasn't. (Sold well online, didn't do too well in boxes, I don't know the details of what went wrong nor do I have sales figures so don't ask.)

If I were them, I'd look into making and translating Princess Maker for the DS - good market and less piracy. But I'm not them and they haven't asked me.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#25 Post by azureXtwilight »

LVUER wrote:Still play PM2 until now. Good for wasting time when you are stressed, with cheats of course. If not, you're bound to get more stressed.

There are Korean translation (officials one) for PM3-5. Oh, I'm so jealous. why not English translations???
Omigosh, you CHEATED!?
I really wanted too! Gimme those cheats!
I'm depressed, all my daughter can do is housework!

luminarious
Veteran
Projects: Winter, winter

#26 Post by luminarious »

F12+Q+N+R worked for me. It makes 2 extra shops in town, one of which gives free money.. :P

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#27 Post by LVUER »

Ah, I forget how to activate the cheats but it opened two extra shops, one is debug shop which basically let you mess with various variables and events (like watch any endings you want provided you mess with the right variables). The other shop is secret shop which sell you various items, including free money and the infamous "invinsible" cloth AKA nude ^_^

You must add something (I think it is ' ) in a specific place in one text file in your game folder. But I forget which one! Sorry...

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#28 Post by azureXtwilight »

Eh!? Well, all the endings I can get is my daughter falling in love with the... Guard?
Y'know.... someone who she can only meet once on January..... In the castle, XD
And schooling really need much money! I'm such-such a poor daddy (mommy)
AYAYAY!!!
Oh yeah, http://www.gamefaqs.com has complete walktrough if you are stressed!

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#29 Post by Hime »

Since people seem to be having hard time getting a good end, I'll post some tips as a complete PM2 maniac (I've raised at least over 20 daughters, of which over half have ended up as ruling queens).
- For the first year or so, work at the farm. You'll get some good constitution, strength and money.
- Most of the jobs are not beneficial, you usually shouldn't bother unless it's for the jobs that earn you valuable points that you can't get elsewhere, like the church's reduction of sin and housework's temperament and cleaning.
- Adventuring is good for moneymaking! You can even try to explore places without any skills, especially if you daughter is good at hiding (= a lot of sensitivity). Killing some of the monsters, like dragons, demons and skeletons at the desert, might also get you a fair amout of cash.
- Also, the mermaid tears you can get from fishmen are really handy, and you can get a new one after using the first one! They sell for a fair amount of money, but going to the sea after aquiring one isn't a bad idea at all, hint hint.
- To talk to the castle folks, you need refinement, but they also like different things. The general likes sensitivity if you're young and charisma if you're a teenager, the minister values intelligence, archbishop prefers faith (I bet this was a surprise for you, not), royal concubine longs for someone with good conversation skills, the queen thinks women should have a good temperament and the king loves you if you've got high fighter reputation. If the castle folk like you, you can get discounts from shops.
- If you want to have a good marriage, go to visit the special someone at the castle every January...
- Never have her housework reputation the highest of all four unless you want her to be a housewife.
- You should also, in general, get a little of each reputation if you want her to get a good career. Especially the best jobs need you to have about the same amount of each one.
- Are your daughters always deliquent? Try making your next one a blood type A, that should most likely help as A's get a little stress and moral each month.
- Libra and Scorpio are the easiest signs to play as you start off right at or after the festival.
- The art competition is the easiest to win as it only requires one stat - art.
- You should sell the art/dance competition rewards unless you want her to be an artist or a dancer.
- Buy her a summer dress and a winter dress! Constitution is important. Also, be careful while adjusting her diet because of this. Technically, it'd be better not to slim her down by changing her diet, but by going to the sea at summer.
That should help you a bit, I think.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#30 Post by azureXtwilight »

Aiyayay!
How does your daughter get to, uh, marry the prince?