Princess maker 2

For the rest of your otaku life.
Sailor Kitty
Veteran

Princess maker 2

#1 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Anybody play this?

I've been playing it for 6 years and I still haven't found all the endings. I really really really love it. It's fun making diffrent strategies to get a good ending.

...and the *cough*se_mopi cheat*cough*

Anybody got a comment for it?
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

Re: Princess maker 2

#2 Post by chronoluminaire »

Heehee, yay! That's a great game. A brief description of how my girl ended up is here, and others are on ToothyWiki here :)
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

It remains as a very good memory but I don't have the patience to play it anymore ^^;... I've also never been any good at it ^^;... (and I so didn't know there was some RPG part to it until I read FAQs)

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#4 Post by Otaku Dash »

I still have it ^^ I didn't play it much cause I was a rookie at Visual novels and around that time was when I joined the lemma soft forums.. I've been around since the creation of Tales of Lemma and Sgoujo attack but since due to problems and personal life i've been bouncing into inactive/active status ^^;

Well I like the game a lot... and I'm considering playing it again. One thing people with XP engines might be glad for since Dosbox helps a lot on the compatibility department ;)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#5 Post by Vatina »

There has been some talk of this game here and other places I've been before, so now I finally decided to try it out last night.
It's fun so far ^^ Although I don't think I'm very good at it.... it's addictive too. Too bad it doesn't work on my laptop for some reason, or I would play it some more :P

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#6 Post by PrettySammy09 »

I remember I used to play this game a lot -- but I kept getting the same ending, so I got discouraged. XD

But I just recently picked it up again! Alice (my daughter) got to be the General! She was a fighter girl, you see.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#7 Post by Otaku Dash »

Vatina wrote:There has been some talk of this game here and other places I've been before, so now I finally decided to try it out last night.
It's fun so far ^^ Although I don't think I'm very good at it.... it's addictive too. Too bad it doesn't work on my laptop for some reason, or I would play it some more :P
If your laptop system is XP, I recomend using DosBox, a dos Emulator.. will clear up all probs of compatibility and problems with it :)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#8 Post by Der Tor »

ahhh... such a beautifull game and story... i love the way you allways get exactly what you deserve... i mean... when she turns into a whore or the Lord of the Underworld or something, you allways know why (-:

Also the story at the beginning is great... an actually if you have been a good father, than the God will take her back to Heaven (it's tough to get that ending though).

Now the good news:

There IS an english translation of Princes Maker ONE !
(look for it on google and use an MSX emulator to play... if you totally can't find it PM me)

Princess Maker 1 has a different story (a war orphan instead of a half God). Her name is Maria, and she is even cuter than Olive, and the artwork is great. And the best: even though Princess Maker 1 is from 1991 and runs on the equivalent of the Commodore 64, it has SPEACH! (Maria's voice is soooo kawaii :-)

Oh and i heared that there is a french translation of Princess Maker 3... is there truth to this?

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by monele »

Oh and i heared that there is a french translation of Princess Maker 3... is there truth to this?
Is there??... Gosh, now that'd be incentive to try PM3 ô_o...

Doc_Odd
Regular

#10 Post by Doc_Odd »

Thanks for directing us to the PM1 translation! Cool stuff. Why aren't there lots more games like this? Or at least lots more like this that have been translated; I guess I've heard there are a few more like PM in Japanese.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Der Tor »

There are literally hundreds of games like this... in Japan that is. To my knowledge only 3 have been translated into english at all: Princess Maker1, Princess Maker 2, and "Graduation".

Graduation is just as great... only thing is that even though it is a very old game, it's not on any abandonware site, and i can't get it on the German Ebay (but you can get it on the American Ebay).

Anyway, if anyone has it, please PM me (-:

GLACIER
Regular

#12 Post by GLACIER »

There are literally hundreds of games like this... in Japan that is.
That's only if you consider the PC games market during the early to mid 90s. The love/life sim was definitely a visible genre then, although these games were still pretty niche.

Nowadays, game developers have realized that they don't need to create anything so elaborate (more complicated in terms of design, programming, and quality assurance) to please their target audience. Just focus on visual novels (or top end role-playing/strategy games for developers catering to otaku who demand interactivity) instead.

themocaw
Regular

#13 Post by themocaw »

I loved Princess Maker 2, although my friends gave my strange looks when I showed them the game. I always thought it might be interesting to create a more action-based version of it: the idea I had was a kingdom that undergoes a coup d'etat, and you play as the soldier who is entrusted with the safety of the infant princess. You'd have three goals: 1. Raise the princess into someone worthy of ruling the kingdom; 2. Gain allies to help you retake the throne; 3. Protect her from assassins, if and when the current usurper discovers she is still alive. Of course, there would be complications from boys who take a fancy to her, as well as the possibility that she may decide she wants to live out her life as an ordinary girl instead.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Der Tor »

Kasper Hauser, huh? In case you don't know who that is... Kasper Hauser was a German prince, who as an infant was kidnapped by the polictical enemies of the royal family and spent his entire youth in a dungon not having anyone to talk to. Finally when he was almost an adult he escaped. When it was discovered that he was supposed to be the King now (his father had allready died) he was told how to speak, read write, manners, how to be a good king etc. Kasper was descriped as a quick learner and an extremely kind person with a pure soul. So when his education was complete... his kidnappers found him again and shot him.

There are many movies and stories about him. Although they might not be well know outside of Germany, so you can derive inspiration from them...

Eiji
Regular

#15 Post by Eiji »

I played this when I was still using Win95.... got it as abandonware off a warez site....
but it is one of the best strategy games around...

I wish they had an official release of ALL the Princess Maker games...
then again, I wish the same thing for Sakura Taisen (the Sega Genesis game that the anime "sakura wars" was based on....)
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas