Azure Dreams

For the rest of your otaku life.
Sailor Kitty
Veteran

Azure Dreams

#1 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I can't describe how much this game means to me.

I have the GBC game on emu. Of course I'm buying it!
I just have to nag dad some more.

I want the PS 1 version too...

Things I like about this game:

The Renai Aspect. (Selfi-chan ha tsurendeko!)
Fusing. It's fun finding diffrent kinds of taemon.
Mystery Dungeon feature. I think this is what made me into Cutesy(egg)-top view-mystery dungeon-games.
Meep.
The monsters are cool monsters. not KAWAII! IS THAT POKEMON!?

I do, however, loathe the fact that in 4 years, I have not come farther then the battle with Gance. Screw you, Lvl-down-upon-exit-feature!
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Otaku Dash
Veteran

Re: Azure Dreams

#2 Post by Otaku Dash »

I HAVE THE GAME AND I LOVE IT!!! O_O :D

God It rocks so much.. I haven't played it in ages... I'll have to pick my GB(since my bro's GBC is messed up... bummer :S) and play it again... finished the game, currently training my
HiKewne and Gance (trying to turn him into an S Gance)
You haven't passed gance yet? O_o... belive me.. he's the least fo your worries ^^; Once you get to the final level... god.. you'll see what I mean *smiles*

Plus
The game continues after the ending.. though I haven't seen Selfie no more... even though she ended up loving me <3 *sighs happily*
My advice for you SailorKitty: Do the old man bell quest :) The reward he gives you will help you fight off gance.. belive me :) Another thing: fusion is your friend... try to fuse monters to get high levekl abilities... trust me that will help a lot. Also, don't try to fuse wiH kewne unless you want to give him new abilities... he remains the same always ^^

I can't stress enough how much I adore this game... GOD I GOTTA PLAY IT SOON!!!

thanks for reminding me again of this awesome game, Sailor Kitty.

*sighs* I wish they did a remake of the PS version... better graphics, and more ren'ai element (more girls to woo *laughs*). *rants like a kid* I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!! T_T
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by musical74 »

Wow......wonder if I can find it again <had it and the disc cracked :( >

Azure Dreams is great. The *Go down to level one as you leave* is ANNOYING but it's great because it has a renai element (I think the only NON-love interest girls are your sister and mother LOL) you can be friends with so many of the townspeople, thrash Gnosh a zillion times, have Gnosh mad at ya because you DARE to date Selfie, Gnosh trying to hit on every female that you are trying to woo <and failing miserably>...fun stuff =)

Best memory: Lilly telling Gnosh *LEAVE!!!* when you tell her *hey, did you hear this guy blasting your food?* =)

EDIT: YAY! I found a copy <PSX version>, ah the wonders of Half.com :)
Last edited by musical74 on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by monele »

Is this one of these games where you lose everything if you die?... Or do you just get booted out of the tower?

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#5 Post by Sailor Kitty »

If you die you lose everything you were carrying. If you exit the tower you go downto lvl one.
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#6 Post by Otaku Dash »

Sailor Kitty wrote:If you die you lose everything you were carrying. If you exit the tower you go downto lvl one.

That's why Windgems are your friends :P

I always take a pack of 1 windgem and 2 water gems as support. God I gotta Love my Blith... after raising kid to a dragon.. I fused it with my Grommon (sucessufly created after many fusion) were he got "Attack up" and "Defense up" Auras for me... also he transformed into a Blith. So Basicly I have a two headed, balistick-tank like dragon that with a few shots of my piro-orb Killed S-Gance after a few rounds :P

Gotta hate/Love
Love is after you got the Gance and Hikewne eggs when you climb the tower again
Gance's Rage attack... I mean.. jesus, talk about critical hit striking force O.o

GOOOD I WANT THE PS VERSION T_T *sobs* Nico on the Gba version is your cousin, and only Selfie is "Datable" (I always get her to love me, but after finish the game and start
Exploring the "real" tower by basements till level 99
I don't see her ever again T_T

EDIT: Found the PSX Rom! Huzza!! *tears of joy* :D

God Just recalled My current record of trashing Gosh is like... 57-0 I think XD And quack is just... god, of all the coold mosters in the tower he went to pick the most... well... out of the normality one :P

Jokes aside... still trying to find a quack though... those things have ultra defense.. I never even managed to down Gosh's!! O.o I think they can have even more defense than Metars!! (Aloyers Evo form). T_T

Anyone knows how to use the Ovaseed properly? :P ;)
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

Nafai
Veteran
Projects: Elect: Ascendance

#7 Post by Nafai »

Oh I remember this. Never did finish it, but had some fond memories... I just couldn't take the dungeon crawling - but I liked the ren'ai and town building ^^

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#8 Post by Sailor Kitty »

[quote="Otaku Dash
Anyone knows how to use the Ovaseed properly? :P ;)[/quote]

If you mean the seed that makes the monster into an egg...

1. Go up the tower and gather loads'o loot.

2. Find Barong. They are quite rare and usually on the 18th floor I THINK.

3. Throw loot at it until it's magic runs out.

4. Throw the Ovaseed at it!

5. Collect the egg.
script is 85% done.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#9 Post by Otaku Dash »

Sailor Kitty wrote:[quote="Otaku Dash
Anyone knows how to use the Ovaseed properly? :P ;)
If you mean the seed that makes the monster into an egg...

1. Go up the tower and gather loads'o loot.

2. Find Barong. They are quite rare and usually on the 18th floor I THINK.

3. Throw loot at it until it's magic runs out.

4. Throw the Ovaseed at it!

5. Collect the egg.[/quote][/quote]

Actually, any kind of monster will do, and you don't have to wait till their energy is out.. just toss the ovassed.. "instant pokeball effect" :P

That's why they shower you with money at the shop when you sell them :)

Finally tested a bit the PSX version... woah.. a lot of diferences on this one.. on the positive side I mean ^^ Also There aren't wumps and catawups anymore... they have another name.

Still... It looks awesome ^^

frumplstlskn
Regular

#10 Post by frumplstlskn »

Holy crap, I wonder if I could find this game and my GBA again to play it... How many floors did you get up to? I can't remember my highest floor... I used to just run them and try not to get killed lol.

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#11 Post by Vatina »

All these interesting games that I have never heard of... I'll have to try and dig this up, it sounds like something I would like ^^

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#12 Post by Otaku Dash »

frumplstlskn wrote:Holy crap, I wonder if I could find this game and my GBA again to play it... How many floors did you get up to? I can't remember my highest floor... I used to just run them and try not to get killed lol.
Well I finished the games main story so I climbed till the 40th floor...
so right now I'm climbing the basement tower that goes to level 99 ^^;
OK.. here are the diferences between PSX and GB/GBC versions I found out :)

GB/GBC:

++ -> More variety of monters;
++ -> More Tower floors and secrets of the tower
Including the aftermath of the main story after the ultimate egg and the climbing of the basement tower
- -> Only Selphie as a "Date-able" girl;
- -> Only Helping Nico on town renovation;
- -> Only Upgrades to your house... each upgrade upgrades both house and Monster barn till level 3.

PSX:

++ -> More Ren'ai aspect, More Girls to date;
++ -> Being able to get more subquests than those on GB version (GB only has the "3 monster bell" quest);
+ -> Town renovation at a massive scale... not just your house, but building new places for the town;
+ -> Nico's renovation plan is part of the path to her heart :)
+- -> 3d Graphics... though it might be a pain to get used to punish monters on diagonal patterns ^^;
-- -> Very very Few monsters comparing the GB version, not many Fusion variety;
-- -> Diferent Monster names regarding GB version (Catawump is Pulump; Analoeba is Mavoeba (and they have the ability to replicate on 3d O.o);
--- -> FEW MORE MONSTER EVO!!! (NO WUMPS!! JUST PULUMPAS!! T_T) Just a few monsters have that ability.. so it kinda annoys a bit the moster taming process...

I'll put more as I'll find out :) So Far I was starting to trying to get Nico... but she went with gosh... saying he was more... Cultured... (it ticked me off when he left off laughing.. but I guess I do end up in VN charas roles too deep ^^; ).

Anyways... Azure dreams is a great game, both in GB and PSX versions ^^ Dash gives his 5 star aproval seal to this game and says to everyone interested "GO GET IT RIGHT NOW OR MY NINJA HORDES WILL GET YOU!!!"

Edit: Main player on PSX isn't called "fatmouth" anymore by selphie... it's "Puffy Lips" now (I liked the black and white version of my GB due to the fact the chara and guy didn't look like clowns with those big lips of them >_> XD)

Vatina: If you can't find it at least get
the rom version.. *coughs*
... it's a great game and in terms of phantasy It's one of the most entertaining... just don't get annoyed with the level 1 player every time you climb the tower... it's for challenge ;)
Last edited by Otaku Dash on Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by musical74 »

Not terribly surprised Vatina hasn't heard of it...

Komani is known for action games. Azure Dreams was a departure from that, and generally when something like that happens it's *hmmmmmmm what's this?*. Also, if memory serves it wasn't really *advertised* so generally it got a following by word of mouth.

Slight off topic: I've noticed that some of the great RPGS and are not always made by big name RPG players. Azure Dream is essentially RPG <with a heck of a lot of Renai in it>, and Persona Relevations is a great game - but there's a good chance that most people haven't heard of them because Komani (Azure Dreams) wasn't known for RPGS at the time and Atlus (Persona Relevations) isn't known for RPGs either...

Small warning, Vatina...Azure Dreams is VERY addicting :)

*Agrees with Otaku Dash......5 stars, oh, and I got a copy, so please convince those ninja hordes to leave me alone?*
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Jake
Support Hero

#14 Post by Jake »

musical74 wrote:Atlus (Persona Relevations) isn't known for RPGs either...
...they're not? Sure, Atlus US are probably most commonly known for Disgaea and other Nippon Ichi titles, but wasn't it Atlus Japan who did the Megami Tensei series? I don't think I've played any of them, but I was under the impression that they were RPGs...

(And for that matter - Suikoden is Konami's, isn't it?)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#15 Post by Otaku Dash »

musical74 wrote:Not terribly surprised Vatina hasn't heard of it...

Komani is known for action games. Azure Dreams was a departure from that, and generally when something like that happens it's *hmmmmmmm what's this?*. Also, if memory serves it wasn't really *advertised* so generally it got a following by word of mouth.

Slight off topic: I've noticed that some of the great RPGS and are not always made by big name RPG players. Azure Dream is essentially RPG <with a heck of a lot of Renai in it>, and Persona Relevations is a great game - but there's a good chance that most people haven't heard of them because Komani (Azure Dreams) wasn't known for RPGS at the time and Atlus (Persona Relevations) isn't known for RPGs either...

Small warning, Vatina...Azure Dreams is VERY addicting :)

*Agrees with Otaku Dash......5 stars, oh, and I got a copy, so please convince those ninja hordes to leave me alone?*
*comes in dressed in shreder armor* Foot Ninjas.. return to me! xD

Jokes aside... the game is very good, and the development of the main charas as he does things along the town is great. To hear people talking how bratty and bad behaved he was and then entering at the temple you helped renovate with people saying:

"Dash (my charas name XD) of all people eh? You never know..."

Or when you reach the 10th floor of the Tower:

"Did you hear!? I heard a hunter Named Dash (again.. insert players name here) reached the 10th floor of the tower!! He must be a monster himself!" XD

I'm at a moral dilema now... currently at first I was trying for Nico... but afterwards the ghosh insident I started aiming a bit at Selphie (like the GB version)... though now Fur seems to be hitting on me (That monney grubbing yet cute gilr at the shop)...it's enought to make th chara go: "GRAAHHH!! I never had this many girls to choose from!! *feels dizzy*" :P