---

For the rest of your otaku life.
Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

---

#1 Post by Lishy »

----
Last edited by Lishy on Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: First time watching Madoka

#2 Post by Kato »

I'm very interested to hear your impression once you've finished the series :lol: but yes, I found it a nice change from usual mahou shoujo anime. I watched it originally to see what the hype was about, expecting the worst, but it was a lot deeper than I expected and I actually enjoyed the experience.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Lishy »

It ruined my sleep for tonight, and I have a french exam tomorrow. Too stimulated from it. (Also, not sure how I can sleep after the trippy visuals)
-

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4 Post by Caveat Lector »

PMMM is an amazing anime, and it just gets better from episode four. The second half...makes you feel. A lot. :(
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#5 Post by Laiska »

...Good luck, kid xD

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#6 Post by Shinoki »

Good luck. :v And remember to watch Rebellion~ (3rd movie)

TheChris
Regular
Projects: Stickshooter
Deviantart: innocencecanceller

#7 Post by TheChris »

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Madoka. Honestly, I hated it, but if you liked the first four episodes then you should enjoy the rest of the show.

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

#8 Post by breadslam »

TheChris wrote:I feel like I'm the only person in the world who didn't like Madoka. Honestly, I hated it, but if you liked the first four episodes then you should enjoy the rest of the show.
I think I might be the only person who's active in this kind of forum and never seen Meduka Meguca Madoka. A lot of my knowledge about post-90s anime comes exclusively from random trinkets my relatives send me from Japan or from some of the more... obsessed kids who I took Japanese with in high school.

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#9 Post by ebi-hime »

I like Madoka a lot too, but it kind of makes me sad that a lot of people praise it by saying 'and unlike a lot of other mahou shoujo, it's not girly!!!' What's wrong with things that are made for girls? Some shoujo manga/anime, like Rose of Versailles and Princess Tutu, are incredibly well-made!
Actually, if you enjoy Madoka, I would recommend Princess Tutu - it's another eerie, unsettling magical girl anime, which plays around with and examines a lot of common tropes found in fairytales. And it's also my favourite anime of all time - everything about it, the animation and music especially, is gorgeous.
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#10 Post by Laiska »

ebi-hime wrote:I like Madoka a lot too, but it kind of makes me sad that a lot of people praise it by saying 'and unlike a lot of other mahou shoujo, it's not girly!!!' What's wrong with things that are made for girls?
Thank you! Because it was marketed towards and pandered to the moe lover crowd, and because it's 'ooh dark' and not about cheery themes, it's apparently somehow superior to 'girly' shows. I enjoy it more than your typical mahou shoujo series because 1) it's like 12 episodes, and I don't have that much time lately, and 2) because it is dark and gruesome and it's fun to see tropes subverted; but it isn't because it's less 'girly', for sure.

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#11 Post by thebackup »

Oh gosh! I love that anime! I'm not normally into magical girl anime but curiosity got the better of me, seeing how popular it was. I drove like 100+ miles just to watch the first two movies, then the third (in LA). Also bought some figures of the series along the way :)

You should watch the three movies! Though, 1 & 2 cover the 12 episodes (with differences of course).

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#12 Post by Caveat Lector »

How's the third movie? I've heard of certain plot elements and events in it that...did not impress me.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#13 Post by thebackup »

I thought the third movie was pretty good, although it felt much more darker than the episodes / movies 1 & 2, and has quite an evil vibe to it.

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but just in case...
I felt that one of the five main girls went 180 on me. Not going to say who, though.

iamwhatonearth
Regular
Projects: The Town Called Data
Tumblr: iamwhatonearth
Deviantart: whatonearth

#14 Post by iamwhatonearth »

I adore Kyubey and I have a huge pet peeve against people saying he's evil. He's an emotionless hivemind. He's literally incapable of being evil. Even the actual creator has said that Kyubey is not evil, just amoral/neutral.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Lishy »

Just finished watching it!

How's the movie?
-