Long anime series

For the rest of your otaku life.
Cybeat
Miko-Class Veteran

Long anime series

#1 Post by Cybeat »

I noticed that there are long anime series that came from manga (like Naruto and Bleach).
Are there any that came from a visual novel? I'm not talking 20 episodes long series. I'm talking about.......like 100 episodes. Know what I'm saying?
Mujinchitai
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=3360
Current Status: artist of R.E.M: Reality's Dream and musician, programmer, and writer of Mujinchitai

GLACIER
Regular

Re: Long anime series

#2 Post by GLACIER »

Da Capo (a 26-episode series, followed by another 26-episode side-story) and Higurashi are about the longest these things get. There's only so much they can do with fixed amounts of material.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

I think they usually make a visual novel spin-off out of long anime series and not vice-versa.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#4 Post by Samu-kun »

Besides, most anime series with over 26 episodes aren't real animes...

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#5 Post by lordcloudx »

I'd have to disagree. Many of the older (I mean really old like before 1994 and up) anime series were over 26 episodes.

edit: and that tsukasa avatar is super-cute. I want to pinch her face. :lol:
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#6 Post by Samu-kun »

I knew somebody was going to disagree with my last statement. XD

*hides all his episodes of Gundam behind him*

Yes... Why is it that any picture of Tsukasa makes me want to squeal like a fangirl and hug things? Kind of like Henrietta's reaction to Guiseppe's shirt in Gunslinger Girls... -_-;

Eiji
Regular

#7 Post by Eiji »

you want a LONG anime series?

how about Saint Seiya (over 100)
or Urusei Yatsura? (around 220 last I checked)
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#8 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Tenchi Mouyo and Sailor Moon were humongous.

SM was 200 eps, and Tenchi Mouyo was pretty long, I think. :roll:
I think, I THINK Ranma ½ was pretty long, too. (too lazy to go check)
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Adorya »

Sazae-san = 1820 ep so far

Doreamon = 1095 :p

But let's stop the ascension and get back to the OP.

I think the longest installment of VN to anime might be 2 seasons, prolly Da capo or Higurashi, but because of lack of content you can't get more.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#10 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Wrong!

Galaxy angel is very long, i think. And It's VN based!
(Even if it's moe.)
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Adorya
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Adorya »

Well, if you count dating same in the lot then there is also the Sakura War franchise.

Eiji
Regular

#12 Post by Eiji »

Adorya wrote:Well, if you count dating same in the lot then there is also the Sakura War franchise.
now you're talking... in fact, I really wish they'd translate those games and re-port them for the PC or some console available in the US....
after all, they're doing that for some of the older Final Fantasy ones.. (and I mean the ones before FF7)
"Who's the more foolish? the Fool? or the Fool who follows him?" -- Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi

"if you could tune into the fantasy life of a 9 year old girl, you can make a fortune in this buisness" -- George Lucas

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by musical74 »

Oh man...Urusei Yatsura was absolutely hilarious....totally forgot about that anime show LOL

wonder if they ever made dating sims for the (older) animes like Urusei Yatsura...anyone ever know if there was a dating sim of UY or animes like that?
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

dreamer

#14 Post by dreamer »

Eiji
Regular

#15 Post by Eiji »

musical74 wrote:Oh man...Urusei Yatsura was absolutely hilarious....totally forgot about that anime show LOL

wonder if they ever made dating sims for the (older) animes like Urusei Yatsura...anyone ever know if there was a dating sim of UY or animes like that?
I dont know about UY... but I have seen a site that has that dating sim based on Sailor Moon....
3 version, one with Usagi, another with Hotaru, and the last with Minako