Disappointing or bad ending? No spoiler, yet.

For the rest of your otaku life.
Ezzetabi
Regular

Disappointing or bad ending? No spoiler, yet.

#1 Post by Ezzetabi »

Since speaking of endings is a very delicate arguments I'd like to every one writes the series is going to speak about in the begin of the post in order to alert everyone other that may not want to read anymore...

Last Exile, Cat's Eye

Last Exile
The ending of this anime is positive but also disappointing while many characters die! Lucciola, Deeo, Alex. Also in the last episodie Alex is unwillingly killed by Sophia his second in command that loved him. Quite sad.

Cat's Eye
This manga have a really strange ending. The strange love story between the thief Hitomi and the cop Toshio is fogot totally by Hitomi as effect of a illness. Toshio decide to stay with his girlfriend even if she lost her memory, but I think this is not a Hojo like ending. It is a little bitter...
My shoujo attack's tutorial page is completed!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Re: Disappointing or bad ending? No spoiler, yet.

#2 Post by mikey »

Ezzetabi wrote: Cat's Eye
This manga have a really strange ending. The strange love story between the thief Hitomi and the cop Toshio is fogot totally by Hitomi as effect of a illness. Toshio decide to stay with his girlfriend even if she lost her memory, but I think this is not a Hojo like ending. It is a little bitter...
I liked the anime ending, with the theatre play, really nice :D

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#3 Post by Sai »

Alien Nine

It's a shame they only managed to portray part of the manga, and never were able to do the rest. As a result the anime 'ending' isn't particularly an ending at all and is confusing for people. Although some might say that the anime is to be treated separately in which case that *is* the edning (in terms of the anime interpretation), but since the anime seemed to follow the manga quite closely for the most part apart from some additions, it probably isn't too separate. Had there been more popularity for the series, I could certainly of seen them extending the OVA to be a TV series which depicted the rest of the manga. Would of been nice. Alas, it will never be as far as I know. Similar to Dragon Half's unfortunate situation (where the anime only shows a little bit of the manga and as a result the ending is anti-climatic)

Martian Sucessor Nadesico

The ending was anti-climatic, but I have a suspicion it is supposed to be that way. Considering all the parodies of anime it has, it was probably making a parody of how many series there are out there that just seem to fizzle out at the end (my friend could probably tell you about a lot more dissapointing endings than me)

Kare Kano

I don't think it does end. It just sort of gets lost and cuts off... It wasn't really the fault of the story itself (it was shaping up to be a great story), but rather the company/directors pulling it together. The manga might actually jhave an ending to speak of. But yes, dissapointing.

FLCL Manga

Is there really only 2 volumes? The ending didn't really seem like an ending. It feels like it's supposed to continue... But I've seen no existance of a Volume 3. It felt confusing (yes I know FLCL is confusing anyway but shh =p )
I heard from a friend that the anime ending is different though, he thought that there might be another volume too after I mentioned the ending o.O;

Oh My Goddess OVA

Felt like it should of continued too and sort of cut off. Luckily it will be (TV series yay... hope it gets released)

Can't think of anything else right now...

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#4 Post by Otaku Dash »

[quote] FLCL Manga

Is there really only 2 volumes? The ending didn't really seem like an ending. It feels like it's supposed to continue... But I've seen no existance of a Volume 3. It felt confusing (yes I know FLCL is confusing anyway but shh =p )
I heard from a friend that the anime ending is different though, he thought that there might be another volume too after I mentioned the ending o.O; [quote]

The FLCL Anime Ending is just the "Vespa Woman" (We don't know her true name) going after atomosk. Not really a big deal.
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)