_!

For the rest of your otaku life.
Tage
Regular

#16 Post by Tage »

なにのファック。
Would that be correct? I really need to practice Japanese... But still, that phrase does not make sense... o.o? I can guess what you're trying to say though... :shock:

Jerails
Veteran

#17 Post by Jerails »

I don't think it's really good japanese either. I think "no" is usually used as a possesive link. I think "boku-tachi no uchi" would translate as "our house" in the sense that we own this house. So I'm thinking to myself. Does "nani no fuck" translate as "What's fuck" in the sense that what owns the fuck? Seriously...That translates terribly.
It's been a while, folks!

Tage
Regular

#18 Post by Tage »

Exactly how my mind was trying to translate it, lol. :o Oh well. Hm...
"Oh well" はえいごでなんですか。
I'd probably want to use it a lot if someone could answer that for me, lol. I passed the first Japanese class with an A, but I can't remember squat about all the particles... :cry: I fear my pending doom as I enter into the second Japanese class this coming semester, lol.

Jerails
Veteran

#19 Post by Jerails »

Heh...Same here. Actually, no I remember most of my stuff because I talk with my Japanese teacher often (In my poor newbie Japanese of course.) He's actually impressed with how much I've retained. But it's not enough for me! Must learn more...So I can move on to other languages!!!
It's been a while, folks!

Erik
Regular

#20 Post by Erik »

えい語をつかう、お願いします~

"Please to speak English." At least, that's just about how far I get with the help of a dictionary :oops: Oh well, the only Japanese education I have had is from a website (it has quite a good method - I'm just a bit too lazy to do anything if there is no teacher checking it :D And it hasn't taught me yet how to transform an infinitive into a working verb, or an imperative for that matter. I'll shut up now. :D)

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#21 Post by chronoluminaire »

Tage wrote:"Oh well" はえいごでなんですか。
I'd probably want to use it a lot if someone could answer that for me, lol. I passed the first Japanese class with an A, but I can't remember squat about all the particles... :cry: I fear my pending doom as I enter into the second Japanese class this coming semester, lol.
Eehh... it looks to me like you're asking "What's 'oh well' in English?" To which I can only answer "It's 'oh well'..."

ええと。。。 日本語はすごいですね。。。

And I just fiddled with my computer for 5 minutes to get it to let me type kana and kanji :D

Tage
Regular

#22 Post by Tage »

ROFL! I meant Japanese...I'm very absent-minded in the middle of the morning, lol

"Oh well" はにほんごでなんですか。

Mmy-sama

#23 Post by Mmy-sama »

Since I have little understanding of the Japanese Language (just a few of the important words and some honorifics) I Use "no" as a general purpose pronoun, (even though its rarely correct since "no" is Possessive (I think)). I know "nani" means "what" and "fuck" has no translation in Japanese (since they don't curse twice per sentence like we westerners). Therefore, from what I know, "Nani no fuck" means "what the fuck". If somone could tell me what the correct word to use in place of "the" is that would be much appreciated.

Also, I just used up my annual quota of F-bombs in this post. expect much more salty language from me in 2006!!

Tage
Regular

#24 Post by Tage »

Well, I'd have to say, it's not directly translatable as it is since WTF is a shortened term for a phrase. I think the phrase is something like, "What in the world just happened?!" or "What in the world is going on?!" (world obviously being the word replaced) There's probably an equivalent saying in Japanese though. Although, they don't teach you in school how teenagers talk to each other in Japan. =\ So I can't help you there.