Saishu Heiki Kanojo / She the Ultimate Weapon

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Saishu Heiki Kanojo / She the Ultimate Weapon

#1 Post by LVUER »

I just recently finished reading the manga and I've watched the live movie long time ago. I still haven't get the chance to watch the anime and read the novel (if exist, I only read that the author want to make the novel). But anyway I want to analyze and hear your opinion about this one.

The only good thing about Saikano (SAIshu Heiki KANOjo) is the idea about my girlfriend is the ultimate weapon). The other plot is rather bad/shallow. Japan is at war but with who? It's almost impossible if the world is at royal battle, free for all, against each other (while this is the main concern of Saikano plot, there is no hope for humanity).

To tell the truth, I'm quite surprised about the last portion of the manga. It's seems rather disjointed from the rest of the story. Especially the ending, the manga ending is really bad (at least for me). It seems Chise become a very very bad girl (heck, she is the one who destroy the world, killing all the remaining population except one) starting the last half portion of the story. Not only that, it seems she lost any hope for humanity (which is a big no no for any good protagonist, at least for me). She clearly said that it is alright to destroy the world since human will destroy it anyway, what the???

The live movie ending is better (only after reading the manga ending ^_^ ). Chise isn't give up her hope for humanity (although she's dead in the end, leaving Shuji alone, suffering). This is a bittersweet ending I think.

This is I think about Saikano, how's yours?