What console are you using now?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Post Reply

What console are you using now?

Playstation2
39
21%
Playstation3
13
7%
X-Box
21
11%
PSP
11
6%
Nintendo DS
44
24%
Nintendo Wii
24
13%
Gamecube
10
5%
Others
21
11%
 
Total votes: 183

Message
Author
User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4099
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

What console are you using now?

#1 Post by azureXtwilight » Sat May 03, 2008 7:01 am

Heh, just wanna know opinions.
I'll vote myself for Wii, PS2,and PSP
Image

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4099
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#2 Post by azureXtwilight » Sat May 03, 2008 7:34 am

Hey PS2 wins XD!
Why!?
Image

User avatar
JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Posts: 1265
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:02 am
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#3 Post by JQuartz » Sat May 03, 2008 8:06 am

I don't have any console...hmm...no "I don't have any console" option...
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

User avatar
Jake
Support Hero
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:28 pm
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#4 Post by Jake » Sat May 03, 2008 8:43 am

*psst* - you missed "XBox 360" off of your list... :P
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4099
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#5 Post by azureXtwilight » Sat May 03, 2008 9:53 am

Omigosh!
Well... Let's just "pretend" X-BOX 360 and X-BOX is similar...
(making excuses) :P
Image

User avatar
Jake
Support Hero
Posts: 3826
Joined: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:28 pm
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#6 Post by Jake » Sat May 03, 2008 10:09 am

azureXtwilight wrote:Omigosh!
Well... Let's just "pretend" X-BOX 360 and X-BOX is similar...
(making excuses) :P
Couldn't we assume PS2 and PS3 are similar as well, then? :P
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

User avatar
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Posts: 4099
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:54 am
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#7 Post by azureXtwilight » Sat May 03, 2008 10:15 am

Now that's an excuse!
Haha...
OOOPS!
Sorry! Here's it's uncommon!
Image

User avatar
luminarious
Veteran
Posts: 353
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 1:12 pm
Projects: Winter, winter
Location: Estonia
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#8 Post by luminarious » Sat May 03, 2008 11:33 am

I don't have a console. I don't even have a TV to connect one to.

What I would like, instead, is a proper e-book reader, thank you.. :P

User avatar
Nafai
Veteran
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:10 pm
Projects: Elect: Ascendance
Location: Philippines
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#9 Post by Nafai » Sat May 03, 2008 1:22 pm

360, DS and PS2 (which I will keep until they bring over Persona 4 dangit!)
Image

User avatar
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 3249
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:03 am
itch: atpprojects
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#10 Post by mikey » Sat May 03, 2008 2:07 pm

I am using the Megatrix Game System, a multiplatform console - you can play PS1, PS2, XBox and Dreamcast CDs (regardless of region), on one system, with coming support for PS3 as well as XBox360 and Wii (via an external drive add-on)... No wait, that's just in my dreams ^_^. In reality, I don't have a console, not even a handheld.

A console would need space around the TV (which for me translates as "clutter") and as mentioned above there are too many formats, some have their exclusive titles and I don't like that. If anything, I would probably consider a DS, but right now I don't feel like I really need it, so I have no plans for a console at the moment.

It's funny because before I was really only looking for games that appeal to me, but nowadays I look for games that can appeal to me as well as my wife, so we can play them together - like simple platformers, advertures and detective stories - these are mostly for PC, and sure they are also for DS, but it's more comfortable gathering in front of the laptop screen and sort of figuring out things together. So this is my other reason for a console-less apartment.

User avatar
Samu-kun
King of Moé
Posts: 2262
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:49 pm
Organization: Love in Space Inc
Location: United States
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#11 Post by Samu-kun » Sat May 03, 2008 2:10 pm

I am using the Megatrix Game System, a multiplatform console - you can play PS1, PS2, XBox and Dreamcast CDs (regardless of region), on one system, with coming support for PS3 as well as XBox360 and Wii (via an external drive add-on)... No wait, that's just in my dreams ^_^. In reality, I don't have a console, not even a handheld.
Man... You seriously had me there for a moment. I was about to jump in and try to coerce Mikey where I could find such lovely hardware...

User avatar
papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Posts: 4053
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 4:37 am
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#12 Post by papillon » Sat May 03, 2008 2:18 pm

I love my DS because I can pick it up and play for just a minute and then put it down again (often while my computer is busy compiling or downloading or otherwise not available for the moment). Also multiplayer, when I have people with other DSes around. It fits my lifestyle a lot more than the traditional console-by-the-TV does, at the moment. (also, console games have generally gone in a direction that excludes me, over the years.)

User avatar
Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran
Posts: 701
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 3:41 pm
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#13 Post by Wintermoon » Sat May 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Through the magic of emulation, my PC can run games from all game systems older than 10 years or so.

User avatar
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran
Posts: 4171
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#14 Post by DaFool » Sat May 03, 2008 2:20 pm

Playstation1 and Dreamcast :D

... well, uh, they're currently gathering dust. Right now, I play "free" PC games. (meaning, find torrent for an iso, and with the 20% chance it might still work on my system (80% chance for visual novels))

GLACIER
Regular
Posts: 120
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:47 pm
Contact:

Re: What console are you using now?

#15 Post by GLACIER » Sat May 03, 2008 2:48 pm

For me, it's mainly the Nintendo DS.

Nowadays, few console games interest me. However, DS game developers are actually delivering content that I like (also, I think that most Japanese developers are better suited to DS or PSP development. Many teams struggle with the complexity of today's consoles, which makes it hard to produce good work).

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users