Worst or most disappointing game you ever bought

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Worst or most disappointing game you ever bought

#121 Post by LVUER »

Oh, if you are looking an FF game with lots of guys, perhaps Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) is a good game for you since it features all protagonist from (almost) all FF main series, which most of them are guys (perhaps the only female character in this game is Terra?)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#122 Post by playswithtribbles »

LVUER wrote:Oh, if you are looking an FF game with lots of guys, perhaps Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP) is a good game for you since it features all protagonist from (almost) all FF main series, which most of them are guys (perhaps the only female character in this game is Terra?)
I don't own a psp... :(
That's the only FF game I haven't played so far...
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

Jake
Support Hero

#123 Post by Jake »

playswithtribbles wrote: I don't own a psp... :(
That's the only FF game I haven't played so far...
You know there's more than one FF game that's only on the PSP, right? There's Crisis Core, as well... and if you leave it long enough, you'll be missing Agito XIII, too! :3

(Apparently the version of Tactics on the PSP is updated in more than just graphics, as well, but I doubt I'd re-buy it myself if I owned the PSX original...)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

LVUER
King of Lolies

#124 Post by LVUER »

FFXI. This is one of FF that most people would miss... I also haven't played it, along with all other FF in PSP and PS3
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

J. Datie
Veteran

#125 Post by J. Datie »

Jake wrote:(Apparently the version of Tactics on the PSP is updated in more than just graphics, as well, but I doubt I'd re-buy it myself if I owned the PSX original...)
They also redid the (apparently) awkward script, and gave it a more archaic feel. Which means using the word "mayhap" whenever possible.

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#126 Post by vaanknight »

I can't see why some of ya don't find FF XII awesome... I just fell in love with the art, voices and music, man, the MUSIC was epic, Hitoshi Sakimoto is in my Pantheon of true artists, on a muchly adorned golden throne. Perhaps because I am a huge fan of that kind of political issues and war between empires stories I didn't find it too boring, I tend to fall for the usage of old english too, 'tis the fashion methinks. True there's no romance after the wedding at the begginning, and I enjoy a lot the romance aspects of the more traditional FFs, but I don't think that took away much of the fun. What really puts this game above all others is the Battle system. I almost cried when I found out there were NO random battles. FINALLY they listened to many ppl's pleas.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#127 Post by LVUER »

If it's FF Tactics XII, then I don't mind. But it's FF, so the story have to be FF-esque too. Kinda like FF Spirit Within. It's not a bad movie, but since it's FF, it's bad.

Also, I don't mind with the battle system itself, it rather refreshing... but rather with the item system which copy MMORPG system (which designed to waste your time), and the bad limit break system (mist system). Oh, and also the worst summon among all FF (weak, useless, and waste of MP).

DeviantArt Account

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#128 Post by Chansel »

I didn't like FFXII either. Mainly because whenever there was a fight, I could just lay down my controller and still win >.>
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#129 Post by blankd »

I liked the IDEA they tried to do in FFXII with the political spin but even you must concede that really, most of your playable cast wasn't that interesting or really that involved, and none of them really change (in a logical or noticeable fashion). The setting itself is EPIC AS HELL and I can respect that, but they were exceptionally terrible at implementing it so most of the political "twists" go right over your head and/or you just don't care (yeah they do include it in massive data files, but its AFTER you have killed someone important).

The battle system also was grindy like an MMO but lacked the involving perks of an MMO (interesting conversations with your party). The lack of character involved cutscenes also hampered most of the characters despite how you would "know" somewhat why they were behaving in such a manner. Asche came off as a whiny woman unfit for rule, Basche as a one-track fanatic, Vaan too naive to be useful, Penelo airheaded and Fran just plain apathetic. Balthier can take his seat on the bench of awesome because he was amazingly smarmy.

Though honestly, I think the part that pissed me off the most is that I see all these awesome other races running around (except Seeq which were ugly as sin) yet all I get is a damn bunny woman. An ALOOF bunny woman at that. I wanted ANY Bangaa, Garif, Moogle and/or Nou Mou running around to stop being an NPC and get into my party! The fact the other races coexist yet seem fairly divorced from the affairs of the (amazingly powerful) humans still baffles and disappoints me.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#130 Post by LVUER »

It's amazing how FFXII have all those people swirling around you, especially in a big and busy city. One of the feature I like. And how they're not magically disappear like people in Phantasy Star Universe. Useless... but beautiful!

DeviantArt Account

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#131 Post by Vatina »

FFX definitely wasn't my first one, but I still like it.

Hmm. I don't know, I liked the voicing and ideas in FFXII too, but I just thought they were badly executed in the end. They are talked of in a way that is just confusing and bland, and then you end up not really listening or caring.... And the battles were tiring. It was all "Monster-monster-boss-monster-boss". It's amazing actually how I think this system felt worse in this regard than other FF's and their random enemies, but it did end up that way somehow. Maybe it was the MMO feel.

And yes, the moogles were awesome! I wanted a moogle in my party too! :P

(Wow, this FF talk almost deserves its own thread now! :P )

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"

#132 Post by vaanknight »

You know, perhaps I did fall too fast and too heavily for FFXII after all... I did find some spots rather slow, and the gambit system made me go through most dungeons only by holding the analog stick forward, but again, for me, the setting was what earned my heart, mostly because I ALWAYS wanted to see a second gen. sequel to Vagrant Story (same dev. team... oh, deja vu).

and the Viera... man, I just love the viera... they're like a dream to me... xDD so ... HAWT and yet so elegant, graceful and intelligent, if I lived in Ivalice, my top priority would be to marry a viera. And yes the moogles were the cutest of all FFs, specially Montblanc and the Chocobo wrangler Gurdy.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#133 Post by LVUER »

Though I'm not exactly falling in love with Gambit system, I like it anyway. And I hope more RPG could also implement system like that. Gambit system is the advanced version of "auto attack" that normally used in RPG.

DeviantArt Account

Nanashiko
Regular

#134 Post by Nanashiko »

I don't like to comment too much on FFXII cause I have not played very much of it. Though this is one I can say I was disappointed by and regret buying it when it was at the 50 dollar range instead of let it go for a while and getting it cheaper. The battle system is a turn off I hate feeling like I am doing nothing. It's a good idea. (I think. . .?) Though the game just didn't do a good job. The characters are blah(for the most part), the story from what I have seen is interesting kind of. The world is wonderful! Too bad I had already played in this world before. I had played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance on GBA. So all the creatures and stuff were cool to see in better graphics though other than that it was meh. Even more Meh when all in your party while is my favorite a Viera that's all you got. Where are my Bangaa's and Moogles?!

vaanknight
Regular

#135 Post by vaanknight »

Well, you can fight alongside Monid the Bangaa during two mark hunts, but that and the hunts with the garif and that Bansat Seeq it's as far as you get in terms of a multi-racial party.