Worst or most disappointing game you ever bought

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Worst or most disappointing game you ever bought

#76 Post by LVUER »

Touch Detective! Not a good one, yeah that's for sure... but don't know why, I still finish both of them and unlock all the unlockables (and why the second game in the series have to labeled as 2.5 [two and a half]?)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

RayRayTea
Regular
Projects: The Stolen Diamond Ring (a mystery VN)

#77 Post by RayRayTea »

I've read somewhere that their idea was that the second installment was so much better than the first part it almost felt like a third installment in the series. In fact the second part is what I originally wanted to buy, but in the shop they somehow managed to swap the box and the cartridge... so now I have the box of 2.5 that houses the cartridge of the first game.

Oh well, they had all the ingredients for an interesting game but somehow managed not to cook it properly.

Here's another one: Another Code. The top down view ruined it 40% for me, but what really nailed it into the ";_; category" was the pacing - which was completely broken. I like slow games and all, but this one was just slow in the wrong way. Another thing I didn't like was the 90s 3d art. Anyway after a while I got stuck and never went back to it again. It should have been a nice VN in my opinion instead.
nekomura games
Princess Battles, a card-based stat raising sim

PinkMagus

#78 Post by PinkMagus »

LVUER wrote:Ar Tonelico. Refer to this link
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 3&start=15
to know why I really dissaponted with this supposedly great games.

And then FFVII Dirge of the Cerberus. Only the FMV is cool. The rest is just a so-so game (good for usual game but dissapointing for FFVII label that stick on it).
Oh man the music for Dirge of Cerberus was amazing. The game was crappy though so I just bought the soundtrack and skipped the fanservice.

I was really disappointed with Majora's Mask, I don't know why but the story just seems so arbitrary to me. I'm glad they fixed that mistake mostly with Twilight Princess.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#79 Post by LVUER »

PinkMagus wrote:Oh man the music for Dirge of Cerberus was amazing. The game was crappy though so I just bought the soundtrack and skipped the fanservice.
Fan service? What? Where?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

PinkMagus

#80 Post by PinkMagus »

LVUER wrote:
PinkMagus wrote:Oh man the music for Dirge of Cerberus was amazing. The game was crappy though so I just bought the soundtrack and skipped the fanservice.
Fan service? What? Where?
The entire game was fan-service, as in making a spin off without really needing one, simply for the fact it would sell. Sorry, I should have specified, I didn't mean fan-service as in panty shots and bathroom scenes.

In other news, Google Chrome doesn't have the word panty in it's dictionary.

shadow190
Projects: Kidnapping Love

#81 Post by shadow190 »

Hmmmh...

For me the most disappointing game I ever bought were most of the Nintendo Wii -Games and most of the Rayman- and the Harry Potter - Games...

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#82 Post by prezzey »

RayRayTea wrote:Here's another one: Another Code. The top down view ruined it 40% for me, but what really nailed it into the ";_; category" was the pacing - which was completely broken. I like slow games and all, but this one was just slow in the wrong way. Another thing I didn't like was the 90s 3d art. Anyway after a while I got stuck and never went back to it again. It should have been a nice VN in my opinion instead.
I finished it. It was very short :( and it felt like more of a tech demo aimed at investors than an actual game. "Look, we can make really fun puzzles with the unique capabilities of the DS! Hire us to develop a game for you!" ...It had some of the most unique puzzles I've seen on the DS, though.

Haven't played Another Code R on the Wii. My public library has a copy, so maybe I'll rent it when I run out of other games to play.

My biggest disappointment from the past few years has to be a Predator game for the PS2 my brother got from somewhere... Maybe "Predator: Concrete Jungle"? Such a great premise, such an awful game.
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango

LVUER
King of Lolies

#83 Post by LVUER »

Another Code is the one from Cing, right? They made another game titled Hotel Room 215 (I forget the exact number but the title more or less like that). And it's a decent game.

For me, Cing's games (both Another Code and Hotel Room 215) don't offer you hard puzzle but rather a smart one. I mean rather than figuring out a formula or equation (like some other puzzle/detective games), you must figure what the developer thinks in messing your DS to mimic mentioned objects.

I also haven't played Another Code R for Wii. I still haven't see one in my local store.

DeviantArt Account

Jake
Support Hero

#84 Post by Jake »

LVUER wrote:Another Code is the one from Cing, right? They made another game titled Hotel Room 215
Yes. It's "Hotel Dusk: Room 215", as it goes. Everyone I've heard just refers to it as "Hotel Dusk".
LVUER wrote: For me, Cing's games (both Another Code and Hotel Room 215) don't offer you hard puzzle but rather a smart one. I mean rather than figuring out a formula or equation (like some other puzzle/detective games), you must figure what the developer thinks in messing your DS to mimic mentioned objects.
Another Code was like that, but really, Hotel Dusk was a lot more conventional. Another Code had several fourth-wall-breaking puzzles, in a sense - puzzles which required you to interact with the console in some way other than through the conventional interface, treating the DS itself as an in-game item - while Hotel Dusk didn't have even one, that I remember. It relied far more on its story, which was a lot stronger than in Another Code.
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

RayRayTea
Regular
Projects: The Stolen Diamond Ring (a mystery VN)

#85 Post by RayRayTea »

Speaking of CING (the guys behind Another Code and Hotel Dusk) - I think they filed for bankruptcy... I didn't like their games but it's still a bit sad since they definitely had some good ideas and there was a lot of potential in their games. Oh well :(

Edit: link
Last edited by RayRayTea on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nekomura games
Princess Battles, a card-based stat raising sim

LVUER
King of Lolies

#86 Post by LVUER »

Awww... that's sad to hear. Well, CING may be bankrupted, but their spirit will go on. I mean their employee will find job at different companies ^_^

DeviantArt Account

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#87 Post by prezzey »

That's really sad, especially since Little King's Story has been on my to-buy list since forever and now I'm feeling kind of bad. -_- To me that looks like their most well-rounded title...
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango

LVUER
King of Lolies

#88 Post by LVUER »

Ah, a little king story. I like that game, a story about a not so innocent little king ^_^

DeviantArt Account

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#89 Post by sayuri »

I think it's a tie between BlazBlue and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. With BB, I'm not a real fan of fighters anyway but the story mode frustrates me so much. I never even finished the first level of R:CoM (I'm not a very patient gamer :P).

blankd
Veteran
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Heavenseed (current), I'm Not a Monster! (working on it slowly...)
Organization: Team Lazilisk
Tumblr: blankd
itch: blankd

#90 Post by blankd »

sayuri wrote:I think it's a tie between BlazBlue and Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories. With BB, I'm not a real fan of fighters anyway but the story mode frustrates me so much. I never even finished the first level of R:CoM (I'm not a very patient gamer :P).
How did the BB story mode frustrate you? Was it the difficulty or the forking paths or both??