For the rest of your otaku life.
MiKandi Japan
Projects: Libra of The Vampire Princess (2015) Bishoujo Visual Novel
Organization: MiKandi Japan

[Libra of the Vampire Princess] VN Kickstarter

#1 Post by MiKandi Japan »

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you.

MiKandi Japan checking in from Akihabara, Tokyo! :D

We wanted to let everyone know we've been working directly with XERO to have an official English translation of their upcoming game 'Libra of the Vampire Princess'. If you love bishoujo, chuunibyou, and of course vampires, you'll want to put this on your VN radar!

LotVP was Greenlit on Steam just one week after submitting, so we are very excited to see that there is interest in having more Japanese VNs sent to the West. We will be launching a Kickstarter around the same time the Japanese version of the game is released (end of October), and we hope to meet our goal to make the translation happen.

Some of you might already know of XERO's label onomatope*: a popular bishoujo label in Japan that is starting to gain attention internationally.

Free Trial (Japanese Version Only)
Just last night, XERO released a free trial available for download and play. We'd love for anyone with an interest in getting a preview of the game to try it out and leave us some feedback. Please visit our MiKandi Japan homepage for the free trial and Kickstarter details!

Thanks so much for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

MiKandi Japan and XERO

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: [Libra of the Vampire Princess] VN Kickstarter

#2 Post by PyTom »

I'm unable to access the website with the trial on it. Could you check to make sure it's accessible from around the world?
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

MiKandi Japan
Projects: Libra of The Vampire Princess (2015) Bishoujo Visual Novel
Organization: MiKandi Japan

#3 Post by MiKandi Japan »

Hi
PyTom wrote:I'm unable to access the website with the trial on it. Could you check to make sure it's accessible from around the world?
Hi PyTom,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have updated the link on our main site, and am currently adding a few mirror sites to the download list as well. Please let me know if you have any more issues. Seems as though some of the sites that were hosting the .zip file were incurring heavy traffic thus temporarily bringing the pages down. Yikes!
Thanks again! :)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

Okay, I can get to the website (although it takes tens of seconds to load). I don't think this demo would qualify under the forum's crowdfunding rules. The point of the forum's crowdfunding rule is to let funders evaluate the quality of the work that's going to be funded - but in this case, the main work being funded is the translation. So until there's an English translation of the demo, I don't think this is a KS link we can allow.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom