SinaAzad
Veteran
IRC Nick: SinaAzad
Deviantart: sinaazad
Soundcloud: Sina_Azad

motivating anime ?

#1 Post by SinaAzad »

Well , how to start ?
I don't know about you guys ! I'm one of those guys which needs someone/something to push me to continue doing something !
It can be drawing , coding , writing music , playing music , translating or anything lol
Now you could see why I can do most of stuff but im not "good" in doing any one of them -__-

So I basically need some anime suggestions with some inspiring story , something like Saekano , or I will end up making music soon instead of finishing my Vn ! and i need to finish it if i want my A.D in software engineering (the uni had no idea what a VN is :p they think im coding like crazy !)...
The future of My VS is in your hands !

jokes aside they really help me , motivating me to continue working on my vn.

PS: I hope this is not off-topic !
I am very proud to be a part of this generous, nice and friendly community!
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

Re: motivating anime ?

#2 Post by firecat »

"he is an ultimate teacher" is very moving, it might start off slow but you see it be something bigger.

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

dillodivadus
Regular

~edited~

#3 Post by dillodivadus »

~edited~
Last edited by dillodivadus on Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

"Hikaru no Go" comes to mind, the motivating story of a normal teen guy training to become one of the world's best Go players with the help of the ghost of a famous Heian era go master.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

SinaAzad
Veteran

#5 Post by SinaAzad »

maybe I said it the wrong way , I actually just want some anime with theme of building a game / Vn / anime or manga actually :p are you trying to make me build a robot ? :P
Last edited by SinaAzad on Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
but please, don't go around telling people that their work is somehow off! thats not how critique works!
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

Sysen
IRC Nick: Discord: Sysen#6844
Deviantart: sysen

#6 Post by Sysen »

I'm surprised no one mentioned
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo

Motivating story
Game Dev, game artist, etc (though it's more into motivational slice of life)

Kia
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: KiaAzad
Discord: Kia#6810

#7 Post by Kia »

from my point of view watching any kind of anime helps you in storytelling and drawing but they drain your free time dry. if you ask me I'll say: drop everything and get something of your VN done.

Kkoro
Regular
Projects: False Elegy, Incompatible Species
Deviantart: 6kkoro

#8 Post by Kkoro »

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun! Really good comedy about a group who makes a monthly girlsmanga.

But if youre looking for inspiration. Id strongly suggest just observing the world around you. Its harder to get ideas from... other works.
Character Designer and Illustrator
Follow me on social media!

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#9 Post by SundownKid »

I think you will need to find motivation from within yourself. If you just want to make a game because it looked cool in some anime, then you will be struck by the harsh reality and won't want to do it any more. It is essentially work like any other kind of work, a long and miserable slog that is way harder than anyone who isn't a game developer assumes it is, there is really no reason to do it if you aren't incredibly passionate about it and want to see your game made at all costs.

Not to say that it isn't worth doing, but you should push yourself to have the internal drive to want to get better at various things, because if you can't find the motivation to even start, it doesn't bode well for when it REALLY gets stressful and tough.

Personally, seeing ANY well made anime or game gives me motivation for my work. It reassures me that it is something I want to do.

SinaAzad
Veteran

#10 Post by SinaAzad »

Thanks everyone , I made a list of the suggested anime names an will look in to them , I could always get more recommendations !

SundownKid wrote:I think you will need to find motivation from within yourself. If you just want to make a game because it looked cool in some anime, then you will be struck by the harsh reality and won't want to do it any more. It is essentially work like any other kind of work, a long and miserable slog that is way harder than anyone who isn't a game developer assumes it is, there is really no reason to do it if you aren't incredibly passionate about it and want to see your game made at all costs.

Not to say that it isn't worth doing, but you should push yourself to have the internal drive to want to get better at various things, because if you can't find the motivation to even start, it doesn't bode well for when it REALLY gets stressful and tough.

Personally, seeing ANY well made anime or game gives me motivation for my work. It reassures me that it is something I want to do.
I can see your point , and It really is my dream to build Visual novels , but as I have to deal with University and people, I usually feel too tired to work on my VN , some times a simple anime would push me forward to pick up my drawing tab and do the job !
It is like listening to J-rock or anime music while working on your Visual novel.
Mainly a C# Programmer

My drawings:

Kkoro
Regular
Projects: False Elegy, Incompatible Species
Deviantart: 6kkoro

#11 Post by Kkoro »

SinaAzad wrote: It is like listening to J-rock or anime music while working on your Visual novel.
Heh. I actually get a lot of inspiration for my VN from One Ok Rock.
Character Designer and Illustrator
Follow me on social media!

samk28

#12 Post by samk28 »

Try to watch some sports like anime Kuruko No Basket.

blackJJ

#13 Post by blackJJ »

"Kare Kano" or "His and Her Circumstances" (anime, manga) really motivating me to keep on studying at college, doing my homework assignments and other tasks.
Miyazawa Yukino is the perfect student. Kind, intelligent, pretty and modest, it's unbelievable that such a person could exist. Little did everyone know Yukino's perfection was just a facade. An act to fulfill her desire for praise and admiration. Her life took a turn however, as a newcomer to their school Arima Soichiro topped the exam rankings. Arima is more than just intelligent, he's also kind, handsome and modest, an unbelievable person who can actually exist. Even worse luck, Arima found out Yukino's secret, blackmailing her to help him out. Their odd relationship soon develops into friendship and eventually into love. But can their love prevail through the many problems that come their way?
proffesional studying help here

Shanter

#14 Post by Shanter »

Thank you for sharing!