A manga/game you wished was an anime?

For the rest of your otaku life.
ash.earl

A manga/game you wished was an anime?

#1 Post by ash.earl »

I have been wondering for a while, but there seems to be many manga and visual novels that we just wish so badly that there was an anime adaptation. Whether there is one or not depends on multiple factors, such as the plot, characters, and especially the popularity of it (how many fans). Therefore, I have been wondering whether or not you have read a manga or a visual novel and thought to yourself, "This should really have an anime."

I have certainly ran into those types of visual novels. Both professionally made by companies such as Broccoli (who are the producers of the famous game Kamigami no Asobi) and Otomate (who have made and published many Drama CD series and games targeted mostly towards females).

At first, I really wanted Servamp to be an anime (I fell in love with the characters and the humor after the first chapter, and things get quite funny as the characters are gradually introduced), and hence, my wish came true. An anime will be released featuring Takuma Terashima as Mahiru Shirota and Kaji Yuki as Kuro (it would be one of the very few times where Kaji will have to go in a lower range of voice).

I'm really looking forward to the anime; the manga has really drawn me in. Although, it is a little bit slow when it comes to relationships, but it still all comes together very nicely in my broad opinion. Anyways, just a brief list of manga and games that I wished had an anime adaptation:

- Dangeki Daisy (romance, slice of life, humor)
- SEVENTH HEAVEN (romance, tragedy, supernatural)
- Fantasia: Requiem of the Abyss (romance, fantasy, adventure)
- Heart of Thorns (romance, mystery, vampire)
- Star-Crossed Myth (romance, fantasy)
- Scandal in the Spotlight (romance, slice of life, idol/music)
- Backstage Pass! (romance, idol/music)

That's just a pretty short list of what I came up with on the top of my head. What about you? Which manga and/or game do you think is/will be so good that it should definitely receive an actual anime adaptation?

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: A manga/game you wished was an anime?

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

Franken Fran isn't for anyone. It's full of body horror, and it seems to have a cynical view of humanity. That said, as of this writing, the story has only been adapted to an audio drama. I wonder it it would work in another form...

Vinland Saga is still being written. I hope that this historical fiction drama will be adapted to another form someday, but it would probably be best to wait until the author finishes it.

If I recall correctly, only one of Inio Asano's stories has been adapted into any other form. (That would be Solanin, which had a live action movie remake.) They don't often feature commercial elements such as frequent action, sci-fi / fantasy worlds, or upbeat romance. I'm not sure which of his works would be easy to adapt.

Liar Game was adapted to a Japanese live action drama, and later adapted to K-drama. Now that the author has finished it, would the story work in an animated form? I think it could, but I'm not sure.

So many things can go wrong with an adaptation. I'm sure you can think of plenty of series that seemed awesome in one medium, but had problems in another medium.

sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

#3 Post by sendo »

Dungeon Meshi(Delicious in Dungeon) and Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari(The Rising of the Shield Hero).

I love these two. Just fun stuff all around.

I'd also love to see a proper anime adaptation of the Sora no Kiseki (Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky). I think it's one of the finest jRPGs in terms of story and characters. The OVA adaptation was disappointing. I don't think there's a big chance for any adaptation though, but a man can dream ;)
Finished VNs:
Image Image

Yomuchan
Regular
Projects: Codename: NSD!
Organization: Forkheads
IRC Nick: Yomu
Deviantart: Yomuchan
itch: yomuchan.itch.io

#4 Post by Yomuchan »

Yokohama Kaidaishi Kikou.

Sure, there's 4 short OVA episodes, but I'd love to marathon a full anime replicated perfectly from the entire manga volumes, complete with the short skits in between.

Lightworker
Regular
Projects: Detroit.exe
Discord: Happiness+#1168

#5 Post by Lightworker »

Saya no Uta lolz

Schwartzlicht
Projects: KoW XX
Organization: Raska Development Team
Deviantart: schwarz-licht

#6 Post by Schwartzlicht »

I'd like to see an anime of Cartagra or even better, Kara No Shoujo (still have to play the second KnS).

Both are great stories, have an excellent setting and great characters and (bias here) I love a fair whodunnit.

I'd like to see an anime of Arcana Heart too, because all female ensemble and more fanservice potential than Maken-Ki. Also the character designs are awesome.

arcdawn
Regular

#7 Post by arcdawn »

Muv Luv! (Not total eclipse but the original series)

Although it's such a twisty and long plot it might be hard to adapt it and make it shine to its full potential. It would still be amazing though.

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#8 Post by Evy »

A part of me wants to say an adaptation of any of the Wild ARMs games would be awesome, but... given how strange Twilight Venom was, I can't even wish for that with confidence.

Or - oh my god - Xenogears.

mard
Regular

#9 Post by mard »

Schwartzlicht wrote:I'd like to see an anime of Cartagra or even better, Kara No Shoujo (still have to play the second KnS).

Both are great stories, have an excellent setting and great characters and (bias here) I love a fair whodunnit.

I'd like to see an anime of Arcana Heart too, because all female ensemble and more fanservice potential than Maken-Ki. Also the character designs are awesome.
Don't know about Cartagra, but Kara no Shoujo got a partial adaptation, though it's a hentai rather than a mainstream anime. It's two OVA's. You can find the OVA's online if you look around.
Tend to be a bit quiet, but will help where I can.

Enjoy the drinks folks.

Marmoon

#10 Post by Marmoon »

Off the top of my head:

Seven Seeds. It's a manga about survival in a dystopian future, where some disaster has hit Earth and you were one of the few survivors. The characters' personalities were very distinct and plot was very well thought out. There's a lot on (the dark side of) human nature and interaction with the environment. It is, however, one of the slower starts - you may need to be patient until it grips you tight, never letting you go. Also, the art is not great, probably around levels of Attack on Titan.

Final Fantasy 8: There's something very captivating about FF8 (that might have to do with me being young when I first played it). I would love to hear voices added to the silent game, breathing life into the characters. Plot-wise I'm not so sure, but the romance in the game is just... magic.

Resident Evil: I'm a die hard fan of Ada x Leon in Resident Evil. They just felt so right, but never happened (not in the game anyway). Zombies, guns, fighting. I'm not saying no to an anime like that!

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#11 Post by thebackup »

This reminds me when I was talking about my projects to family once. Something like I release it and if it becomes super popular, there's a chance big production studios might contact me and offer a contract for an anime adaption.

That would be like a dream come true if my projects ever get an anime adaption. I mean, seeing your own characters animated, alive, watching them speak and interact with another. And having well-known voice actors/actresses voice your characters? But, that won't ever happen =/

Sorry, I had to vouch for my own projects. :)

barefootchuck39
Deviantart: barefootchuck

#12 Post by barefootchuck39 »

First my replay to other comments above:

Lightworker - ha! Good one. But I swear i heard somewhere that said Urobuchi basically continued his Saya no Uta story in the form of Madoka (which is a great anime)

Olmanac8 - im a huge fan of witcher series both the books and games. Umm it's be awesome but there are so much material!!!

This leads to my point: there are some stories that are more suited as books/game but not an anime (or even films or TV series, yes theres a witcher TV series but havent watched) like Witcher.

That being said, I would love if the VN/game gets anime.
G senjo no Maou
Final Fantasy 13 (they have Tales game in anime so why not FF? Well do thy have FFXV...)

Aniknk
Regular

#13 Post by Aniknk »

Manga, Re:Monster. It'll be brutal though, not eatable without Blue-ray version.
I wish I had an talent to do graphics. Or any other talents. But you know what they talking about people without any talents, they have a big pe***es. No wait. They talk so about people with big feets...

zeebly

#14 Post by zeebly »

olmanac8 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:30 pm What about the witcher in anime? :D
YES, I'd be so hype for that

I'd also love to see Dragon Age as an anime, as well as Dragon's Dogma. (I hear Dragon's Dogma is being made into a Netflix anime?)

Tapion

#15 Post by Tapion »

Chrono Trigger! But also FFVII could be epic