For the rest of your otaku life.
aE2S
Regular
Projects: Passing Times, Yuri Game Jam 2
Organization: Team aE2S

Japan , Anyone?

#1 Post by aE2S »

Hey guys :D ,

I'll be heading down to Japan for about 10 days in 2months, somewhere in Tokyo.
I have plans to head to Akihabara , as well as other cities.

What was your experience like in Japan? What was the best thing there?

I hope to see interesting suggestions/recommendations that I can try when I'm in Japan.
Please support my Twitter & Patreon page!

Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/officialae2s

Twitter : https://twitter.com/official_ae2s

Currently working on ; [ Passing Times ]
Participating in ; Yuri Game Jam 2 , 2016 ! Demo to be released before 31st of October !

Divona
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Falconers: Moonlight
Organization: Bionic Penguin
itch: bionicpenguin

Re: Japan , Anyone?

#2 Post by Divona »

If you can, I'll probably suggest taking a Shinkansen to Osaka. Awesome food there around Namba! :lol:
When you're in Akihabara, make sure you exploring that place vertically, then horizontally.
Well, I was in Japan just for food and figures, really... so...

Oh, Eorzea Cafe in Akihabara! (will need to book early on the web, and get the ticket at Lawson...but it's all in Japanese, though)
Completed:

Kkoro
Regular
Projects: False Elegy, Incompatible Species
Deviantart: 6kkoro

#3 Post by Kkoro »

Try all the different kinds of food! Ramen, sushi, kushiyaki etc. Tsukiji fish market is a must if you love sushi. The most wanted sushifish is transported from that market to the rest of the world. Visit cool places like the Ghibli Museum, the Ufotable café, a maid café, or Tokyo Disneyland. Do you want to have some peace somewhere? Visit one of the huge parks in Tokyo. Shinjuku has a great one. It also gives the oppurtunity to visit a temple. An onsen is also relaxing.
If you have the time and money, climbing Mt Fuji is also a recommendation. Make sure you have good weather tho.
Also interesting to see is one of the many arcades there. Its just fun to explore the many levels full of machines. There are a lot of things to do there which are interesting, but these are just some from the top of my head. Hell, even the supermarket(and it's food), or underground stationmall are superinteresting there.

In my opinion, Akihabara was a bit disappointing. It has one big street full of anime themed stuff, but everything around it is a bit... crap. You can visit it to see the stores that are actually interesting, but I don't think you'll spend a whole day there.

We were a month in Japan (two weeks Tokyo, two weeks Osaka) and we wished we had more time to spend in both cities. 10 days could easily be spent just in Tokyo alone.

If you are going to Osaka as well, I'd have another list ready for you.
Character Designer and Illustrator
Follow me on social media!

Divona
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Falconers: Moonlight
Organization: Bionic Penguin
itch: bionicpenguin

#4 Post by Divona »

Kkoro wrote:In my opinion, Akihabara was a bit disappointing. It has one big street full of anime themed stuff, but everything around it is a bit... crap. You can visit it to see the stores that are actually interesting, but I don't think you'll spend a whole day there.
I spent two days there, after realised that I miss out many stores that hidden away on many top floor of the buildings in Akihabara on the first day. :cry:

Unexpected end up in adult doujin stores many time just from exploring on the second day. :lol:
Completed:

aE2S
Regular

#5 Post by aE2S »

Divona wrote:If you can, I'll probably suggest taking a Shinkansen to Osaka. Awesome food there around Namba! :lol:
When you're in Akihabara, make sure you exploring that place vertically, then horizontally.
Well, I was in Japan just for food and figures, really... so...

Oh, Eorzea Cafe in Akihabara! (will need to book early on the web, and get the ticket at Lawson...but it's all in Japanese, though)
I'll try out the food in Osaka :>
Yes, Akihabara knows no depth :wink:

I will be there during winter, so I hope it won't be too cold that I won't be able to stay out too long( have a pretty weak body. )

Participating in ; Yuri Game Jam 2 , 2016 ! Demo to be released before 31st of October !

aE2S
Regular

#6 Post by aE2S »

Kkoro wrote:Try all the different kinds of food! Ramen, sushi, kushiyaki etc. Tsukiji fish market is a must if you love sushi. The most wanted sushifish is transported from that market to the rest of the world. Visit cool places like the Ghibli Museum, the Ufotable café, a maid café, or Tokyo Disneyland. Do you want to have some peace somewhere? Visit one of the huge parks in Tokyo. Shinjuku has a great one. It also gives the oppurtunity to visit a temple. An onsen is also relaxing.
If you have the time and money, climbing Mt Fuji is also a recommendation. Make sure you have good weather tho.
Also interesting to see is one of the many arcades there. Its just fun to explore the many levels full of machines. There are a lot of things to do there which are interesting, but these are just some from the top of my head. Hell, even the supermarket(and it's food), or underground stationmall are superinteresting there.

In my opinion, Akihabara was a bit disappointing. It has one big street full of anime themed stuff, but everything around it is a bit... crap. You can visit it to see the stores that are actually interesting, but I don't think you'll spend a whole day there.

We were a month in Japan (two weeks Tokyo, two weeks Osaka) and we wished we had more time to spend in both cities. 10 days could easily be spent just in Tokyo alone.

If you are going to Osaka as well, I'd have another list ready for you.
I'm definitely ready for Osaka, and other towns. I have plans on going sightseeing xD .
Sushi? OFCOURSE. :lol: It's one of my favourite food so I'll definitely be watching out for those hehe. I'll check out the fish market you mentioned!

ahh, onsen and tokyo disneyland are among the places I will 100% visit since they are part of the reason why I'm heading there .
Really? i guess it might be really hyped then, i was thinking it might be one of the best places to go to when in Japan but oh welps, I'll just set aside a day for it.

I see. I'll be going again next year, for about another few weeks, so this can be considered as "trying-out" since my cousins are heading there anyways ^~^.

Root13

#7 Post by Root13 »

Oh, I'm so glad for you. I dream to visit Japan. However, it seems impossible in the near future(

barefootchuck39
Deviantart: barefootchuck

#8 Post by barefootchuck39 »

:9

So hows the trip?

I actually went to japan right before u did. Aug - sept 2016. Went to watch Miku Symphony and Magical Mirai. Stayed in a crampy room with loads of figures CDs books bought from Akiba and Nagano ( i stayed in Taito area of Tokyo).