Hair Games or Anime?

For the rest of your otaku life.
磯七ラスミ
Regular
Projects: If Facts Aren't Alibi | 盲点に日光 (Mōten ni Nikkō) | Nest, Treetop | Untail Wire Stretch

Hair Games or Anime?

#1 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

I'm interested in researching for this scientific subject and... well, it's more a personal taste but anyways I'm hoping to find more media games, anime, or whatever stuff is related with hair, beyond cosmetic.

Hair is a very important thing for me although it isn't essential for keeping you alive. I'm not searching for supernatural, cultural or beauty precisely. It's more about its mechanics, for example to cover your ears from unwanted sounds, or to use it as a whip but I'm not an action person so... let's stop the fussy stuff, there isn't enough to choose sub-genres, I'm aware.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Hair Games or Anime?

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

I'm... not sue what you want.

Are you looking for games/animations that focus on hair, games/animations that feature interesting uses of hair - realistic or otherwise, or games/animations that treat hair like it is in the real world?
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

磯七ラスミ
Regular
Projects: If Facts Aren't Alibi | 盲点に日光 (Mōten ni Nikkō) | Nest, Treetop | Untail Wire Stretch

#3 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

Imperf3kt wrote:I'm... not sue what you want.

Are you looking for games/animations that focus on hair, games/animations that feature interesting uses of hair - realistic or otherwise, or games/animations that treat hair like it is in the real world?
Its mechanics are my priority. Not in a realistical way, but its conditions and reactions. For example, hair that grows twice as fast when using a magic hair tie, but the wielder loses half of his/her hair when it rains.

What's the hair for? It could help the character to hide their mystic forehead mark, help its wind senses, many cool things could happen.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

#4 Post by Imperf3kt »

Soo... something like Tenjou Tenge?
Note: I haven't watched this anime, just have a rough idea of it from trailers
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

FluffyCakeFactory
Regular
itch: fluffycakefactory

#5 Post by FluffyCakeFactory »

In the Anime 人類は衰退しました (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita) themain character's hair has a mind of its own at some point if I remember correctly. I hope this helps?

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#6 Post by parttimestorier »

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but it could be relevant: my friend made a blog post a while ago analyzing different hair colours and styles in visual novels and their correlations to other aspects of characters. The data comes from VNDB tags. This post was for male characters only, but she's working on another one for female characters right now.
ImageImageImage

Elmvine
Regular
itch: elmvine

#7 Post by Elmvine »

There's a webcomic I enjoy called Witchy, where hair plays an important role in magic, and is tied to the strength of your magic.
http://witchycomic.com/ It's also on tapastic, if you prefer to read it there.

磯七ラスミ
Regular

#8 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

Imperf3kt wrote:Soo... something like Tenjou Tenge?
Note: I haven't watched this anime, just have a rough idea of it from trailers
It doesn't seems to have a hair theme but I can research a bit more. Its characters have peculiar hair.
FluffyCakeFactory wrote:In the Anime 人類は衰退しました (Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita) themain character's hair has a mind of its own at some point if I remember correctly. I hope this helps?
This does. Much obliged.
parttimestorier wrote:I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but it could be relevant: my friend made a blog post a while ago analyzing different hair colours and styles in visual novels and their correlations to other aspects of characters. The data comes from VNDB tags. This post was for male characters only, but she's working on another one for female characters right now.
This blog post is about hair tropes, not VN about hair. Anyways, it interest me so it's welcome too.
Elmvine wrote:There's a webcomic I enjoy called Witchy, where hair plays an important role in magic, and is tied to the strength of your magic.
http://witchycomic.com/ It's also on tapastic, if you prefer to read it there.
Pretty accurate. I can see how hair has a strong role. Even the comic title is made of hair.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#9 Post by SundownKid »

Bayonetta and Shantae are two series where the progatonist uses her hair to attack stuff.