Serious anime without "adult themes"

For the rest of your otaku life.
磯七ラスミ
Regular
Projects: If Facts Aren't Alibi | 盲点に日光 (Mōten ni Nikkō) | Nest, Treetop | Untail Wire Stretch

Serious anime without "adult themes"

#1 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

I'm willing to watch some anime with this characteristics. Any recommendation?

Darcoria

Re: Serious anime without "adult themes"

#2 Post by Darcoria »

Define adult themes?
If you include blood/gore, that's quite a lot off the list..
If you just mean "suggestive" (wich often isn't so)
Silver Spoon (Same writer as FMA); D. Gray Man and Bartender are a few I could reccomend.
Might send a few more later. But Im not quite sure if they're serious... Or anime..

磯七ラスミ
Regular
Projects: If Facts Aren't Alibi | 盲点に日光 (Mōten ni Nikkō) | Nest, Treetop | Untail Wire Stretch

#3 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

Adult themes are themes usually forbidden for children.

One non-adult theme could be math, because little kids are allowed to watch that even if they don't understand what's going on.

With guns and sex, children aren't even allowed to watch that because people thinks they could get harmed.

I'm looking for something complex as a plot about detectives, but without the blood and cruel appealing stuff.

Darcoria

#4 Post by Darcoria »

Hmr. Detective Conan could be what you're looking for. There should be a kids anime version for it I believe.
In the original there's blood and some violence.....
Afraid I don't know any other with detective like plot. Sorry :/

Edit: Bartender is probably a no go because it talks about hard liquor.
I remember reading Dr. Frost. Don't know if it has an anime, but it's detective like as far as I can remember.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by gekiganwing »

Master Keaton was adapted into a TV series in the late '90s. It has a number of aspects that I like...

* Competent characters over the age of 25
* The main character travels extensively
* The series does not try to shock the audience through violence, gore, or death

That said, if you don't enjoy episodic series, then you may not like it.
磯七ラスミ wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:00 pm I'm looking for something complex as a plot about detectives, but without the blood and cruel appealing stuff.
I've seen a couple of Detective Conan movies and TV specials, and they've been enjoyable. That said, I haven't committed time to the series as a whole. It's been running for more than two decades, and as far as I know, it might not end for years. For what it's worth, the franchise has a combination of humorous elements (the somewhat competent Boy Detective Club, a bunch of goofy gadgets) as well as serious elements (the very competent and scary Black Organization, many stories involve characters dying).

I looked at a couple volumes of the Kindaichi Case Files translated comics during the 2000s, but didn't give them much of a chance. I intend to try the series again sometime soon. It started a few years before Detective Conan, and has had a number of spinoffs and adaptations since then.

磯七ラスミ
Regular

#6 Post by 磯七ラスミ »

Detective Conan seems like the best.

I'll take a peek from each anime and manga name given.

Thank you very much.

ShirouFujimura
IRC Nick: Shirou Fujimura

DELETED

#7 Post by ShirouFujimura »

DELETED
Last edited by ShirouFujimura on Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mastermind6425
Projects: Urteil

#8 Post by Mastermind6425 »

I am recommending Kaiji, it's a great, philosophical take on morals, the value of money and people's life, and it gets pretty intense with high stakes. It also gives off some Death Note vibes because the mind games the characters are playing and the music being from the same composer.