What are your currents favourites?

For the rest of your otaku life.
kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

Re: What are your currents favourites?

#61 Post by kersplode »

lately I've been in love with reading ao no exorcist, my girlfriend is a geek!, eyeshield 21, and watching inazuma eleven. I'm not usually into sports stuff, but yeeeeeah football!!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#62 Post by LVUER »

Agree. I'm also not really into sports anime, but Inazuma Eleven is an exception (I'm also never play sports game except IE). God Hand! The Phoenix! Inazuma Ichigo! Death Zone! >_< Yeah!!!
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

phantomphan31

#63 Post by phantomphan31 »

Currently reading- Ouran High School Host Club and La Corda d'oro
Currently watching-Ouran High School Host Club
I support
ImageImageImage

Crusher
Regular

#64 Post by Crusher »

I just want to type something positive again, so I take this thread from the dead :D.

My favorite hasn't changed a single bit for quite some time (and my avatar already shows what it is..):

Welcome to the NHK

Seriously, this series is so great I have no words for it. This is not only the best anime I've ever seen, it's the best piece of art in general.
I have read the book and the manga as well, but still my list would look like: anime >>>>>>>>> book >>> manga

In general it's about a hikikomori called Satou, a helpless guy without work and with a really strong social phobia, who tries to find back to life.
It starts off pretty weird because of his daydreams, but you can easily see right from the first episode that there are moments where all the weird and funny stuff stops: That's when life is knocking at the door again.
On the one hand it's one of the funniest shows I have ever seen, especially for people like us who know about all the otaku stuff. Satou really doesn't do a very good job at being normal ;). On the other hand there is always something deeper lingering behind everything, and you constantly feel that. Although you are laughing what you are watching is in its soul a desperate attempt of a person who just can't find happiness in life. Or in his own words "I don’t want to do anything. I don’t even want to live. But dying’s such a hassle. I wish I could just disappear.". And that's where the true strength of the anime comes to light: It is so damn sad that I cried several times during the show. But it's not forced in any way, it's all about situations we all could experience. If you always lived a carefree life without thinking about anything chances are you won't like this show at all. But if you do it is an unbelieveably beautiful dark trip through everything the "downside of life" has to offer. It's about suicide, it's about the desperate search for a meaning in your life, it's about fear not to fit in.
Furthermore there are scenes that let you laugh your ass off just to give you a big punch into your stomach a second later. That's something I never experienced before. Example: Satou's best friend Yamazaki was rejected by a girl whom he asked out for a date on a celeberation day. They both spend time together so that he can get over it and Yamazaki constantly speaks out his theories about how bad girls are and that he has no need for them, and that Satou should do so as well. In the end they are starting to scream "Go to hell, bitches!" together. Just when that happened the telephone rings and Yamazaki gets the message that his beloved girl will actually go on a date with him. He instantly leaves the room. Everything that's left is the poor Satou, having a kind of "magazine costume" in his hand that makes him look like a total fool. Nothing but silence is with him while you know that everyone else is now enjoying the day. He finally says: "Go to hell, everyone.".
Scenes like that come all the time.

It's probably the most profound series that I have ever seen while still being funny. A total masterpiece I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys more than "turn the brain off" entertainment. It makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you think about your own life or life in general. I don't think I will ever find a show that will throw this one off the throne for me.

Mareina

#65 Post by Mareina »

Mirai Nikki atm

(and Claymore one of my favorites of all time... and many more but too lazy to type em all)

Princess Akina
Regular

#66 Post by Princess Akina »

I don't watch as much anime as I used to, but here are some that I remember that I loved:
*Clannad (I have never had an anime that made me cry this much ;;)
*Starry Sky (Watched after playing the Spring game. Actually was just staring at the bishies the whole time. I wished they actually showed some plotline instead of character's background stories, but I guess that is what the games are for.)
*Naruto Shippuden (The anime that everyone has watched. Not really keeping up with the anime series, I prefer reading the manga. It's faster and also, I think that Hinata is just plain annoying. The voice doesn't make it any better.)
*Bleach (Yet another anime that everyone has watched. Same deal as Naruto - just keeping up with the manga, pretty much dumped the anime since I just end up watching spoiler battles on Youtube anyways. Also, Orihime is annoying.)
*Code Geass (Ohmygawd, the most epic and suspenseful anime ever :D One of my all time favourites. And I absolutely LOVE Lelouch. He is just legendary.)
*Fruits Basket (The thing that got me into slice-of-life and shoujo stuff. I absolutely adore this. Too bad the anime didn't even show a proper ending.)
EDIT Forgot to add Shugo Chara (It was so cutesy. I don't know why, but I loved the series. I think it might be because of Ikuto. Yes, that's right. Must be Ikuto. Must be. It might be because I haven't watched such a kiddy anime in such a long time. Brought back good childhood memories.)

*Death Note (I like to say that I am currently watching it, but I'm not getting anywhere with this /.shot)
*Mirai Nikki (Okay, love this and waiting for the next episode. Oh yeah, Yuno is very, very, very messed up in the head.)

Ehehe. I do a lot more Manga reading nowadays. Here is the looong list of the ones I like:
*Kaichou wa Maid-sama (Ohhhhmyyygawddd! This is the best manga ever! It is soo <3)
*Koko ni Iru Yo (This was sad, cute and adorable. Also, I like the guys in there.)
*Vampire Knight (Oohh my god, suspense suspense. And all the guys are like 8D. Except Kaname. I hate Kaname.)
*L-DK (So adorable, but are any chapters going to come out anytime soon? D8)
*Watashi ni xx Shinasai (This is like, <3. I love it. It is like, so shoujo. Or something. I don't know, I just love it. And Shigure. But I'm seriously wondering how old they actually are x_x)
*Stardust Wink (Ahhh!!!! I cried soo much when they had to separate!! Noooo...two of the bishies, separated?? And where is the next chapter??)
*Bleach (Up to date, I guess. Though I seriously wonder if the author has any plotline left. This manga dropped from the top two somewhere to 5th.)
*Naruto (I haven't actually read this in a while. Gee, the author is fast if he uploads the manga weekly @@. That makes me lose my motivation to read. I'm like 50 chapters behind this thing the last time I checked!)
*Arisa (Currently reading. And I likes.)
*The World God Only Knows (Or something like that. Forgot it. I read so much of this and yet I can't remember the name of it. Currently reading.)
*Starry Sky (Read all the anthology and manga adaptations as I can find. Unfortunately, there were only three. And they had like, 3 chapters in them each. Noooo!! Need moar Starry Sky!)

Eheh, as you can probably tell, I currently have a huuuuge obssession of Starry Sky. 8D
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

akizakura
Regular
Completed: Adversity Comp 2012
Projects: Everything's Going My Way
Organization: Mitayume

#67 Post by akizakura »

I kinda go in and out with being into anime, depending on if I've found something good. I got into Durarara!! last summer and it wasn't bad, although the last 1/4 or so was a little weak, I thought.

Recently, I'm following the episodes of Madoka Magica (which I missed the first time around, but Aniplex is reposting each week, so I figure I'll check out the stream before buying the DVDs) and Another, which is an interesting horror/mystery series (and hopefully they'll clean up all the nasty loose-ends they've made at the end),

Also following Persona 4's animation (it's probably one of my favorite video game adaptations I've seen, I feel like they handled the source material reasonably well) and picking up the Tales of the Abyss anime boxsets Bandai put out before it imploded (and took the Jade manga with it).

Wow, I suppose I'm following more anime than I realized. ^-^

Keilis
Regular

#68 Post by Keilis »

Currently, Fate/Zero's debunked Sengoku Basara for my favourite anime. Its men are absolutely DELICIOUS.

Enigma
Veteran

#69 Post by Enigma »

Wait wait wait wait!! Mirai Nikki has an anime now!! Crap, I need to leave my fighting games alone for a while watch it.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#70 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I started watching star driver, even though i really hate lotsa women casts... I forgive them cause the 2 main guys were voiced by my faves.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#71 Post by sciencewarrior »

As a total mecha otaku, I found the fights in Star Driver repetitive. Takuto is pretty much the Ginger Rogers of mecha fighters:
He can do everything the others do. Backwards. In high heels.
Except for the last few episodes. They were totally kick-ass. And the last scene, a homage to a classic of mecha. Overall, fabulous.

Mawaru Penguingrum. Oh man, what a ride. It's a bit like Madoka Magica, except that it gets darker and trippier faster. And it just keeps getting darker and trippier.

Ano Natsu de Matteru. Currently running. Seriously, I can't recommend it strongly enough. The writing is absolutely superb. My current project was heavily inspired by it.
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#72 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Didn't watched it for mecha(since I personally hate them, no offense. This, code geass and eureka are probably the only 3 that I ever watched if you don't count the 2 episodes from gundam that I dropped and yamato which i eventually dropped too--if that was even mecha).
Watched it because of the seiyuus and because I just played the game ver. And Takuto's transformation was so cool it made me laugh my ass off(more like a pichi pichi mermaid melody transformation). Still, it hadn't disappointed me maybe because I only knew a few mecha titles or what not.

I've been also watching Hashire Merosu (Run Melos) which is a VERY old anime in greek style since we just studied the story in our literature class and it was brilliant. A wonderful story of trust, friendship and justice. It's an old anime but it was brilliant. A must watch(in my opinion). This was the first time I ever watched an anime(and loved it) which is not on my selected genres and without my fave seiyuus(since I bet all the seiyuus on this anime were all in heaven by now).
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

sciencewarrior
Veteran
Projects: Valentine Square (writer) Spiral Destiny (programmer)

#73 Post by sciencewarrior »

OtomeWeekend wrote:Didn't watched it for mecha(since I personally hate them, no offense.
No offense taken. It's like BL, either you love it or don't want to get anywhere near it. :)

If you watch anime series for the seiyuu, try Uta no Prince-Sama (and PSP games, although I'm not sure if they are voiced). It has all the big names, and they sing! I couldn't get past episode 4, though, really generic otome story.

Oh, and Inu x Boku SS, airing now. It's like Star Driver in that it isn't trying to pander to one specific audience (so it throws fan-service in all directions :wink: )
Keep your script in your Dropbox folder.
It allows you to share files with your team, keeps backups of previous versions, and is ridiculously easy to use.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#74 Post by LVUER »

Star Driver is like BL? Oh great, now I don't want to watch it... (I'm planning to). Is there any good recent mecha anime that simple (no plenty of dramas, only pure action) but engaging with cool mecha design? Like Gear Fighter Dendoh (I know it's for kids, but it's good), Goddanar is still okay (I only managed to watch them all once, after that only several first episodes).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#75 Post by OtomeWeekend »

The thing is, even before utapuri becomes an anime, I've already played 3 games of it(since I'm a super hardcore otome gamer on that account). And if you are talking about the anime, I watched till ep. 6 then stayed away from it(just downloaded all the songs from music.jp then move on in life). I also happen to love BL and that's one of the reasons I've watched Star driver because I thought it was.

@LVUER: It doesn't have a BL(there's just a hint), it has lots of female characters and only a few boys(the 2 main character, sub-chara Hiroshi and the 2 main anatagonists i don't remember the name but I do remember the seiyuu's). I would have loved it more if it was indeed BL though but the 2 boys involved in that BL hint is
in love with Mako, I don't think it should have been in a spoiler tag but put it in whatever.
You should watch it since there was this loli character there called Benio. Maybe you'll like her since you're the king of lollies. I have to say I was never a fan of anything loli or shota though