Higashi no Eden/Eden of the East

For the rest of your otaku life.
Fang-tan
Regular

Higashi no Eden/Eden of the East

#1 Post by Fang-tan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:00 am

Everyone I've met who is watching this loves it. I'm curious, does anyone not? I mean what's not to love. Don't get me wrong. I love Saki and Akira and this'll be the series I recommend to everyone from now on. Because it has everything you could want in it.

And Oasis does the op. Like seriously, does it get more awesome? But seriously, how many people are watching Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden) here. I'd like to know.

"I've heard that villains who go soft and then crazy are pretty popular these days, right?
Even sooo, I've studied a lot of manga, anime and galge that have been popular, you seeee?" - Beatrice, Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Loli Salad~ Music, Doujin, Touhou, Umineko and Anime
(previously I was Hashihime~)

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Higashi no Eden/Eden of the East

#2 Post by PyTom » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:59 pm

Eden of the East is my priority show this season. As in, when there is an episode of EotE available to me, I will watch it before anything else that is available to me. It's been able to get that far on a really interesting setup.

I do think it's the riskiest show of the season, since it's not based on a manga, light novel, novel, visual novel, or anything else... I just hope they manage to bring the series to a satisfying conclusion. 11 episodes is not a long time.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
"Silly and fun things are important." - Elon Musk
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

blakjak
Veteran

#3 Post by blakjak » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Wow the op by Oasis, that's cool :o , and it sounds good too.

Fang-tan
Regular

#4 Post by Fang-tan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:30 pm

PyTom wrote:Eden of the East is my priority show this season. As in, when there is an episode of EotE available to me, I will watch it before anything else that is available to me. It's been able to get that far on a really interesting setup.

I do think it's the riskiest show of the season, since it's not based on a manga, light novel, novel, visual novel, or anything else... I just hope they manage to bring the series to a satisfying conclusion. 11 episodes is not a long time.
Well I heard that the whole series is supposed to take place between 11 days. And there's supposed to be a movie being released as soon as the series finishes. So maybe if something is left unclear it'll be revealed in that. But I think the movie is supposed to be a retelling. But as for it being risky, I sort of like that. Series that aren't based on anything are usually cool because you can't get spoiled or have people whine about adaption decay or something like that.

It's the only thing I really want to watch this season anyways. I meant to watch a whole bunch of other things but once I got into EotE I couldn't bring myself to watch anything else. :P
"I've heard that villains who go soft and then crazy are pretty popular these days, right?
Even sooo, I've studied a lot of manga, anime and galge that have been popular, you seeee?" - Beatrice, Umineko no Naku Koro ni

GLACIER
Regular

#5 Post by GLACIER » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:52 pm

Well I heard that the whole series is supposed to take place between 11 days.
Yes, although that's probably because they crafted the show's structure around the approved length rather than the other way around. For the most part, Fuji TV (with regard to their noitaminA time slot) no longer allocates more than 11 episodes per series, with each episode also being a minute or two shorter than the typical show.

Fang-tan
Regular

#6 Post by Fang-tan » Fri May 08, 2009 6:49 pm

Really? I never knew that. I always thought 11 was a sort of obscure number.