Animes you just can't stand

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Animes you just can't stand

#196 Post by LVUER »

1. Pokemon
Not the story, not the character, not the monster, not the concept of forcing two monster to kill each other... But rather the background world where the pokemon take place.

I mean, cmon, why all those parents let their graderschooler children travel all around the world collecting dangerous monsters?

2. Bakugan New Vesteroia
What is the purpose of Bakugan battle when you have nothing to lose when losing the duel and when you lose you could just retreat? And why the good guys are so stupid, agree to a duel that they could back-off anytime, and if they lose they must forfeit something important while winning will give them nothing but a bragging right?
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#197 Post by MaiMai »

LVUER wrote:1. Pokemon
Not the story, not the character, not the monster, not the concept of forcing two monster to kill each other... But rather the background world where the pokemon take place.

I mean, cmon, why all those parents let their graderschooler children travel all around the world collecting dangerous monsters?
I pretty much stopped watching Pokemon after the third season I think. Or whenever Misty left. As for what you said about kids being released by their parents, well I guess that's where suspension of disbelief comes in :P Lots of people have pointed out that aspect of the show and games I'm sure, but I suppose that's the appeal of Pokemon-- you're a kid, you have your own sweet creature with powers, and you're out kicking ASS without an adult to boss you around (for the most part)

But yeah, in retrospect it is very silly.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

MaskedIdentity
Regular

#198 Post by MaskedIdentity »

Be prepared for a reeaaaaaaally long rant =___=;

Naruto
It has too many fillers. More then half of the episodes are fillers. A few of them are pretty funny but most of the episodes are complete nonsense without any story what so ever. The producers also slack on the animation, reuse scenes, put in tons of fillers and revives everyone. All for the money.

Dragonballs
The first series was good but then the sequels.... The fights last to god for saken long. How many episodes does it take to beat someone... x_x

Pokemon
I love pokemon to be honest, but the anime is so GODDAMN irritating. Why hasn't Ash reached puberty yet? Also the fact that pokemon is everything. Since the worst and most ruthless gang decides to keep kids out of their base by fighting with pokemon, can't they use a gun? Guns actually do exist in the pokemon world. >_< Also that parents allow 11 year kids to travel around the world to fight complete strangers, preferably 'awesomely' strong gym leaders and thugs. Also how the pokemon world even works confuses me. They force creatures into tiny spaces 10 times smaller then them and the only time they are outside the pokeball, they have a death fight with of their own kind. Also they are expected to obey every word the trainer says. o_______e; It's good for when you absolutely must pass the time and for people who don't care for actual plot.

Inuyash
It is extremely repetitive. The main story is this. Inuyasha meets bad guy, loses, gets stornger, wins and then meets a new bad guy stronger then the previous one. Also I despise how Kagome is originally portrayed as a strong person (after all she posses the soul of one of the strongest priests in history), but in the end she is just there to get kidnapped over and over again. Also I hate how Inuyasha and Kagome say each others names so many times in each episode. This keeps going until the anime ended at the 200+ episode. Oh, did I forget to say the manga is still going.

Dokuro-chan
Hmmm... what can I say about the story. :| It is RIDICULOUS. The whole thing is about how someone offended god by creating immortality, which stops you aging at the age of 13. This isn't the reason why god is angry though. The reason is due to the fact everyone looks like 13 year olds they have created a 'Pedophile's World". So gods sends an angel, Dokuro-chan, to kill the main character that created immortality. Dokuro believes that the guy can redeem himself so she keeps killing him and then brings him back to life countless times hoping this will work. I have lost count how many times the main character has died.

Strange Dawn
Oh god... wtf? This anime is something that made me need to go to the therapist. It has it all. Bad art, annoying characters, poor design, horrible story, the down right stupidity and boringness. The only ones I can imagine actually enjoying this anime are 5 year olds and easily amused people, who don't mind getting their brains wacked with a hammer.

Yu-Go-Oh
It's just the entire idea of how the world is being saved by card games. There is even a freaking school. I also hate how people's souls are taken because of a stupid card and how the right card always conveniently shows up in such a large deck. Also how the main character blatantly crushes everyones minds.

Beyblade
I don't even need to say anything. Bad art and the horrible attempt to copy Yu-Gi-Oh.

Sailor Moon
Sorry to all of the fans. I loved it, I really did, but when I look at it again I am absolutely dumbfounded. I just don't understand it any more. It gets repetitive in a cliche shoujo way (I know it wasn't really cliche back then but now it is) and what happened with the last season, like seriously, what the hell happened? I dislike how annoying the main character can be. She doesn't have any real redeeming points in my opinion and somehow she has everything. In every season she has the most powerful crystal, heart thing... etc. Also I don't know why I use to like the fight scenes.

K-On
My initial reaction when I heard there was an anime revolving about music. "OMG! Kyoto Animation is going to be making a music anime!" (The Kyoto Animation Studio has made some of the best series in the past decade, in my opinion.) When it was released. "What the hell? There is no plot, the characters are the same and where is all the music?" Sure i would have been okay with it if I didn't have such large expectations, but seriously. Where is the music?

Angel Sanctuary
=___=; Rape, Rape, incest, super fetus and more rape. Basically everyone is a family and are having affairs with each other. Also it is EXTREMELY difficult to tell what gender everyone is. By the way, all the characters are angels... Nearly everyone dies and you don't want to know how. Each character by themselves are interesting enough but the story itself and how the society is portrayed is completely barbaric.
From Angel Sanctuary article in Wikipedia:
"she confesses her love to Rosiel [her brother], kills him, and absorbs his decaying body into her womb."
..... I need a vomit bag...

Rosario+Vampire
The story is this. Boobs, panties, breasts and fan service. God the manga didn't have that much fan service in it. (did it even have any?) x_X This just got worst after the 1st episode. The only real reason I watched the series was to see when the main character became infected with the vampire blood. (I didn't even really watch it, I just played it in the background and listened to it so I know when the main character becomes bad ass.)

Wedding Peach
I donno it's just... omg the corniness. I just got so embarrassed watching this I had to look away every time they got so love dovey. Also the main character is down right irritating and falls in love way to fast. >_<

Galaxy Express 999 (and the sequel)
The main character is a young boy who wants to avenge the death of his mother and ends up falling in love with a much older woman who looks exactly like his mother. The animation is bad, voice acting is poor, the only depth in the character was an unnecessary Oedipus complex and there were so many plot holes.

I could list more but I already know I am going to be hated so bad by people who love these animes.
This is just my opinion, I don't mean to put down anyone. This is only my PERSONAL opinion.
So please don't flame or troll me. >_<;
be sure to check out my WIP otome game, The Chronicle: Elements of Time :wink:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =37&t=8618
Also check out my deviant account if you want.
http://maskedldentity.deviantart.com/

LVUER
King of Lolies

#199 Post by LVUER »

If you think Rosario Vampires is all about fan-service, wait until you read Needless (one of my most favorite manga). Loli, naked loli, more lolis, more naked lolis, naked lolis with knee socks, naked loli with knee socks and gloves, some additional breats (though rare) and panties (lots of them), dirty jokes, protagonist whose weakness is naked loli with knee socks, and also cross-dressing (and almost naked cross-dresser).

To make things worse, this manga also features gores and bloods (and lots of them too). Splattered guts and brains and other body matters, no matter it's a girl or boy or man. You could abandon the idea of having this manga localized into US (or other countries).

Fortunately, this manga is really funny too, Kami (the author) seems really have a good sense of humor along with his twisted sense.

Ooops, this makes this post a little bit OOT, since this manga (or anime, it has been made into anime too) is the one that I like very much.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

MaskedIdentity
Regular

#200 Post by MaskedIdentity »

LVUER wrote:If you think Rosario Vampires is all about fan-service, wait until you read Needless (one of my most favorite manga). Loli, naked loli, more lolis, more naked lolis, naked lolis with knee socks, naked loli with knee socks and gloves, some additional breats (though rare) and panties (lots of them), dirty jokes, protagonist whose weakness is naked loli with knee socks, and also cross-dressing (and almost naked cross-dresser).
... Oh wow... I don't think I'm going to be touching that manga/anime any time soon then. x____X;

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#201 Post by Freelancer »

1st off, I won't hate you for the things you said. Though one anime on that list is one I love, and I'd like to defend it, I can't. That's because you are completely right(Except for what you said about Sailor Moon being cliche, it is, but you can't really fault a show for being cliche when it came out before that cliche)
Now, onto the points I wanted to make...
MaskedIdentity wrote: Yu-Go-Oh
and how the right card always conveniently shows up in such a large deck.
I don't know about the other 2 series, but it was explained at the end of the first one (Kinda) they cheated. That worked for me, though all the other points you made are (Of course) correct.
MaskedIdentity wrote: K-On
My initial reaction when I heard there was an anime revolving about music. "OMG! Kyoto Animation is going to be making a music anime!" (The Kyoto Animation Studio has made some of the best series in the past decade, in my opinion.) When it was released. "What the hell? There is no plot, the characters are the same and where is all the music?" Sure i would have been okay with it if I didn't have such large expectations, but seriously. Where is the music?
I was the same way (Except I didn't know any animation studios) when I first heard of it, and you are correct, there is no main plot. In fact, until the 2nd season the episodes are about as connected as an old detective show.(The second season dealing with what will happen to the Light Music Club and Asuza after Mio, Mugi, Ritsu, and Yui all graduate) As for the characters, my personal opinion is that they are different enough for my tastes. And the music, well, they have plenty of songs that aren't OPs or EDs. Too many to name here, so I'll just list my personal favorites "U&I" and "Tenshin ni Fureta yo!" most of which (These 2 are) are preformed in the episodes. I think the debut of their first song "Fuwa Fuwa Time" is in like the 4th or 5th episode but I don't really remember.
Clarification finished, I just wanted to make sure you didn't make a snap judgment, although if you only watched the first or second episode and don't like it, I wouldn't recommend the rest of it. But I do recommend the first 2 songs I named and the 2nd 2nd season ED "No, Thank you!!"

EDIT:Ugh, I don't like the way I come off here, but there isn't really anything else I can say.
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

MaskedIdentity
Regular

#202 Post by MaskedIdentity »

I honestly love Sailor Moon before the cliches became cliches. I use to be crazy about it but now I really just can't stand it anymore. I know it's not the anime's fault at all.
Freelancer wrote: I don't know about the other 2 series, but it was explained at the end of the first one (Kinda) they cheated. That worked for me, though all the other points you made are (Of course) correct.
True it did explain that they cheated at the end of one of the series, but it was only explained in that one series (if i remember correctly) and I can't accept it if all of the series main characters cheated.

K-On
Oh ok. I only really watched the first three episodes and then gave up. Thanks for the clarification about the music. I'll still most likely not watch it again due to the nearly no plot story line though.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#203 Post by LVUER »

Are you all talking about YuGiOh anime or the manga? I don't watch the anime (can't bear it, don't care about it) but I have a complete set of the "original" manga. And I don't think there is any kind of explanation that they are cheating when they drawing the card (except for several of the bad guys, who obviously cheating).

Why they could always draw the right card at the right time (though not really always, but almost always at critical plot point)? It's because of the destiny power, fate, and the power to overthrow the destiny and fate itself. It's a duelist power!!!

Why a human being is able to pull stunts like that? Well, it's a manga after all, and not a realistic/realism manga to boot. You need to over-dramatized something (or everything) to make it interesting. If you hate YuGiOh for the characters able to do this, then you should hate lots of other manga too...

DeviantArt Account

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#204 Post by Sapphi »

MaskedIdentity wrote: Galaxy Express 999 (and the sequel)
The main character is a young boy who wants to avenge the death of his mother and ends up falling in love with a much older woman who looks exactly like his mother. The animation is bad, voice acting is poor, the only depth in the character was an unnecessary Oedipus complex and there were so many plot holes.
Hmm... are you referring to the GE999 movies?
I've not seen them yet, but I've watched around 20 episodes of the show so far. At least in the show, the episodes are more or less stand-alone and follow Tetsuro and Maetel to different planets along the journey. In practically every episode there is some kind of examination of a type of society, lifestyle, or relationship. I think "philosophical" would be a way to describe it... Because of this, even though you'd probably call it a "science fiction" story, the "science" is very loose and lots of things don't make sense. As a huge fan of Leiji Matsumoto's work, I can tell you that you pretty much have to take things as they come and suspend all disbelief to be able to enjoy his stories, because they are I think a lot more romanticized than your average "science fiction" story. I know I've read before that Tetsuro's journey on the Galaxy Express and even Maetel herself to some extent are supposed to be allegorical.

And now to stay on topic... I have a love-hate relationship with Angel Tales (Tenshi no Shippo). I love the character designs and idea of animal-angel girls and am currently trying to stalk down a couple Tamami figures :lol: However, the show is so poorly executed that I'm surprised it even got an English localization at all (I don't think it did very well). It's like this sad, pitiful child that you just really want to see succeed in life, but who just falls flat at almost everything it does. The pacing and focus of the story is just all over the place.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Freelancer
Regular

#205 Post by Freelancer »

LVUER wrote:Are you all talking about YuGiOh anime or the manga? I don't watch the anime (can't bear it, don't care about it) but I have a complete set of the "original" manga. And I don't think there is any kind of explanation that they are cheating when they drawing the card (except for several of the bad guys, who obviously cheating).

Why they could always draw the right card at the right time (though not really always, but almost always at critical plot point)? It's because of the destiny power, fate, and the power to overthrow the destiny and fate itself. It's a duelist power!!!

Why a human being is able to pull stunts like that? Well, it's a manga after all, and not a realistic/realism manga to boot. You need to over-dramatized something (or everything) to make it interesting. If you hate YuGiOh for the characters able to do this, then you should hate lots of other manga too...
I meant the anime.(When I was younger I used to watch it, but now I can't stand it) At the very end of the anime it shows the pharaoh dueling Yugi, and it shows him take a couple cards from the center of his deck.
[WIP] Alex's Problem

Shadios
Regular
Projects: Our Hearts, Your Days

#206 Post by Shadios »

MaskedIdentity wrote: K-On
Oh ok. I only really watched the first three episodes and then gave up. Thanks for the clarification about the music. I'll still most likely not watch it again due to the nearly no plot story line though.
I've actually drawn myself enough up to the third episode, but comparing it to another music based anime like Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad, which has a track of music at least ONCE per episode, you can see that K-ON is more focused around putting moe first and music last. (And yes I am aware that the aforementioned other series has the titular band sing an original song every 4 or so episodes with one of them being played over and over and over again in most of them >_>')
Our Hearts, Your Days
A story of love, a story of acceptance and a story of rememberance like no other....
1st Demo Release Date: December 2011/Janurary 2012
Main Release Date: Late 2012

Avaible
Regular

#207 Post by Avaible »

LVUER wrote:wait until you read Needless (one of my most favorite manga). Loli, naked loli, more lolis, more naked lolis, naked lolis with knee socks, naked loli with knee socks and gloves, some additional breats (though rare) and panties (lots of them), dirty jokes, protagonist whose weakness is naked loli with knee socks, and also cross-dressing (and almost naked cross-dresser).

To make things worse, this manga also features gores and bloods (and lots of them too). Splattered guts and brains and other body matters, no matter it's a girl or boy or man. You could abandon the idea of having this manga localized into US (or other countries).
Reason enough for me to put in on my To-read list.

As for the actual topic:

Rather than hating Animes, it's like I just don't care for those I do not like.
All those endless ones like Bleach and [insert all of them here] really put me off because they are just plain ... plain :?
Even though I really liked the first ~50episodes of Bleach - and still do - after that it got too ridiculous and (jumping several filler-arcs into the future) when it contuined after Aizen was finally finished I was like "So, what was Bleachs story again?"

The only longer Anime I still like is One Piece, and that's because it hasn't lost it's original story/intend and humor yet.

Aside from those, I can't seem to actually like K-On, too. I watched both seasons and appreachiated the lazyness, but in the end it was but boring. And honestly, I don't know about Moe but I didn't think the characters were all that cute. (I liked Yui, though, always made me smile :D )

Another one would be FMPanic, I dislike it. It's kinda poorly done.
As well as many others, some of them being Zombie Loan, Black Lagoon, Claymore, Hellsing, Haruka no Himitsu, Rosario to Vampire, To-Love-Ru, etc.

And someone mentioned he/she didn't like Ghost in the Shell - I'm totally on your side. I don't see why many people have such an (in my opinion) overly high opinion of it.

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

#208 Post by Miss-Mae »

Now THIS is an entertaining thread to read!

For me, all of those series that go on... and on... and on.... Especially when they don't age at all. Seriously, what the hell is up with that? ><;;; Even more so when the series finally ends and the ending is absolute shite! Seriously, if I've been watching a long series, the last thing I want is for it to finally end and have the ending suck! xD

An example, is Ranma. I LOVE the series, don't get me wrong, but I felt SO cheated by the ending. After watching for so long, at least wrap the damn thing up when you end it. D<

And I have to agree with the people about Haruhi being over-rated... Sorry, guys. The art is gorgeous! And I love the character designs, but the plot? It's just too out there for me. That and Haruhi as a character, I came to really dislike her. Poor Kyon! He gets forced to be with her, or the world ends or whatever? That's just screwed up, man. Poor guy! :P
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

Kael
Regular
Projects: Roaming, Red Snow??? Some others as composer.

#209 Post by Kael »

I'm a bit lazy to elaborate.

K-on!(Music themed anime are good but this one had a terrible execution.)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2nd season(Sigh...)
Inuyasha(King of monotony and boring plot.)
Pokemon(I used to love Pokemon when I was in elementary school. One of the first animes I've ever saw with Ranma, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball. Now, I wonder what I was thinking...)
Digimon
Bleach(Ugh... Ichigo is over 9000!)
Persona -Trinity soul-(I love Persona series but this anime is a shame to everything Persona is. It's so bad ._.)
Yu-gi-oh
Code-Geass(One of the most ridiculous battle of intelligence anime I've seen. Lelouch has 80IQ while the rest of the world has 30.)
Bakemonogatari(Interesting concept, super bland characters, mind disturbing non-sense, packed with a left over ending. Nothing can go wrong.)
To love-ru
Rosario + Vampire(Okay, the pantie shots get boring after the second episode...)
Toradora!(Made me laugh, but really weak for my taste.)
Trinity Blood(Nothing like Hellsing.)
One Piece(I read almost all the manga. Yet I don't know what's so great about it. It's so annoying in my opinion >.<.)
Fate/Stay Night(Type-moon doesn't like to put together a good/decent anime, same thing goes to Tsukihime.)
Tsukihime
Beyblade

I guess that's all I can think off at the moment.

Freelancer
Regular

#210 Post by Freelancer »

Kael wrote: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya 2nd season(Sigh...)
By 2nd season, do you mean those 14 episodes that where actually more like only 7 or 8 episodes because of that "Endless Eight" bit? I was unaware that was another season, I thought it was just an addition to the first season.
[WIP] Alex's Problem