Animes you just can't stand

For the rest of your otaku life.
Wintermoon
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Animes you just can't stand

#151 Post by Wintermoon »

I already mentioned Evangelion, but there is one anime I dislike even more: Night on the Galactic Railroad.

Kitouski
Projects: Me and My Shadow

#152 Post by Kitouski »

Anything past Cell Saga in Dragonball Z and Naruto. Blarg, Naruto...
"Hermits have no peer pressure." - Steven Wright

NosatsuBishie

#153 Post by NosatsuBishie »

Definitely Okane ga Nai(yeah, its a yaoi, it contains H scenes, I love BL but its just too much for me to take and its poorly budgeted{poor drawings and the eyes is....... -_-})

then, Melancholy of HAruhi Suzumiya(I just... dunno what is what with this, its just a pointless story and all about fanservice in my opinion)

and one piece and naruto---for sole reason of "When would this be finished!?" thing.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#154 Post by LVUER »

It will be finished when the manga is also finished.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#155 Post by Fluffycrow »

NosatsuBishie wrote:then, Melancholy of HAruhi Suzumiya(I just... dunno what is what with this, its just a pointless story and all about fanservice in my opinion)
SACRILEGE.

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#156 Post by vaanknight »

Fluffycrow wrote:
NosatsuBishie wrote:then, Melancholy of HAruhi Suzumiya(I just... dunno what is what with this, its just a pointless story and all about fanservice in my opinion)
SACRILEGE.
Indeed! *lights a torch and takes a scythe in the other hand*

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#157 Post by azureXtwilight »

vaanknight wrote:
Fluffycrow wrote:
SACRILEGE.
Indeed! *lights a torch and takes a scythe in the other hand*
Agreed!

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#158 Post by sayuri »

Hehe, I watch Haruhi for the fanservice.
And Koizumi :oops:.

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#159 Post by sayuri »

Sorry for the double post :oops: :oops: :oops:.
Last edited by sayuri on Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enigma
Veteran

#160 Post by Enigma »

Taleweaver wrote:I must be the only man on Earth who doesn't like "Monster". While the initial story setup seems gripping, as soon as the way the "monster's" powers work is actually shown, it seems so cheesy - essentially, what is described as "charisma" and "natural leadership" is little more than a form of magical or parapsychological super-hypnosis, debunking the premise of a thriller firmly rooted in reality. And as I live in Germany, I absolutely can't stand the way the country and its people are depicted, especially where it concerns our extreme political right-wingers or neo-nazis. Yes, they exist, and yes, they constitute a huge problem because of their affinity for violence and the quiet sympathy they have in certain parts of our country. However, their political agenda is nothing like what is shown in "Monster" - plus, the German reunification has changed our political landscape in a way "Monster" completely fails to capture. Sorry, I just cannot relate to that supposedly kick-ass series.
I HATE Monster so much. I don't like Dragonball Z, but Dragonball Kai, here in America, it comes on Nicktoons Network, and I'm watching it anyway.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#161 Post by Riviera »

The only anime I've run across so far that I haven't even been able to watch all of has been Serial Experiments: Lain.

It's just way too mindtrippy and LSD powered for my taste. I also suspect I wouldn't really like Evangelion from what I've seen and heard of it, as blasphemous as that likely is. Just has way too much symbolism and mysticism and... other isms. I don't like having to take things apart bit by bit and read into all kinds of stuff with my anime. At least, not at that level.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Anthy
Regular

#162 Post by Anthy »

I didn't like Suzumiya Haruhi at all either... I tried to... but I couldn't. Dunno if it's because of pacing, unlikable characters... the artwork is cute, but it just felt really boring. What is the appeal supposed to be? Just for clean visuals?

I don't like Naruto either, it kinda ruined ninjas for me and all the female characters suck. I looove One Piece though. But it has awesome characters all around, heroes and villains alike (and very strong females, esp. for shonen), which is what makes the show special for me. Because I admit I don't like the drawn-out fight scenes, even if that's like a staple feature of a shonen's action series. (also why the original Dragonball is better than Dragonball Z)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#163 Post by Samu-kun »

I didn't understand what entire appeal for the Haruhi franchise either, at least until I saw the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie. Maybe it was more of the emotional impact of being in Japan, in a packed theater with other fans, but I never realized how great Yuki Nagato was until I saw that! Also, the fact that Haruhi was relegated to side character status sure helped. The art quality for the movie was also beyond amazing.

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#164 Post by Fluffycrow »

Unlikable characters, you say?! The characters and wacky humor are the entire appeal of tMoHS... for me, at least. And if Haruhi isn't the best damn manga heroine ever, then I don't know what to believe.

ForgottenVision
Regular
Projects: The Student Council

#165 Post by ForgottenVision »

I do think Haruhi is a BIT overrated, but it seems to suck you in when you watch it. I don't find Haruhi to be an extremely likeable character... but Yuki Nagato... oh yes :3

And of course Itsuki for a bit of gayness XD
Racheya @ Forgotten Vision Presents...
When Sapphires Cry - Episode 1 [Completed] (Not Publicly Released)
One Afternoon [Completed] - More Info/Download here
The School Council [WIP] - BxG
When Sapphires Cry - Episode 2 [Postponed]