Light Novels

For the rest of your otaku life.
Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

Re: Light Novels

#16 Post by Blane Doyle »

I just LOVE light novels (even if some of the ones listed did NOT start the anime they have).

Hm... I guess my favorites are the Haruhi Suzimiya series (of course, right?), the .hack ones (I have all the English released ones), the Boogiepop series, Devil May Cry, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Panic, Karin, Kino no Tabi, Only the Ring Finger Knows, Trinity Blood, and Vampire Hunter D.

Though VHD is more like a regular novel with the vocabulary and format.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#17 Post by LVUER »

Bane Reiko wrote:Hm... I guess my favorites are the Haruhi Suzimiya series (of course, right?), the .hack ones (I have all the English released ones), the Boogiepop series, Devil May Cry, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Panic, Karin, Kino no Tabi, Only the Ring Finger Knows, Trinity Blood, and Vampire Hunter D.
Wait, wait, wait... the one you listed here. Are they anime or light novels? I know Suzumiya LN but I never hear the rest...

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#18 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

LVUER wrote:
Bane Reiko wrote:Hm... I guess my favorites are the Haruhi Suzimiya series (of course, right?), the .hack ones (I have all the English released ones), the Boogiepop series, Devil May Cry, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Panic, Karin, Kino no Tabi, Only the Ring Finger Knows, Trinity Blood, and Vampire Hunter D.
Wait, wait, wait... the one you listed here. Are they anime or light novels? I know Suzumiya LN but I never hear the rest...
I'm sure all these have LN versions except for Kino no Tabi and Karin (since I've never heard of them, XD). Some came before adaption, like Haruhi and others were the product of adapting an existing franchise, like DMC.
Live Life Heroically

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#19 Post by Vatina »

AllegroDiRossi wrote:I'm sure all these have LN versions except for Kino no Tabi and Karin
Kino no Tabi and Karin both have light novels.

What about Spice and Wolf? The first one is coming out soon, released by Yen Press. I'm looking forward to that.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#20 Post by Blane Doyle »

Yes, every single one I listed has been a Light Novel at one point or another. Some were made before and some after the anime.

I haven't read Spice and Wolf yet, but I will! It's one of the first things I'm buying in the new year.

I can't remember... is the Welcome to the NHK book a novel or light novel?

AllegroDiRossi
Regular
Tumblr: daroross
Deviantart: daroross

#21 Post by AllegroDiRossi »

Ooh! I can't believe I forgot to mention Shimotsuma Monogatari!

Called Kamikaze Girls in English, it's by Novala Takemoto and was adapted into a live-action movie and a manga.

Has anyone read this? The English edition hardback version is so lovely. The logo is raised and given a texture as though it's been embroidered onto the dust jacket (plot relevant).

English Edition Hardback - http://bit.ly/4T9kr3
English Edition Paperback - http://bit.ly/5gf5iD
English Release movie - http://bit.ly/6ohQLa
English Edition Manga - http://bit.ly/6b0162
Live Life Heroically

Animality

#22 Post by Animality »

I only just found light novels and I love the ones I read so far one of the Suzumiya Haruhi series and the Karin.
"Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength is shown in levity."

Fang-tan
Regular

#23 Post by Fang-tan »

Kieli is my favourite light novel. Gosick (can't wait! They're actually releasing the second volume in March!!) and Spice and Wolf are close seconds.

I really hope Durarara!! and Baccano get translated soon though.

I lovelovelove Kieli. Yen Press sent me the first volume and now I'm hooked. They're so nice. <3
"I've heard that villains who go soft and then crazy are pretty popular these days, right?
Even sooo, I've studied a lot of manga, anime and galge that have been popular, you seeee?" - Beatrice, Umineko no Naku Koro ni

Loli Salad~ Music, Doujin, Touhou, Umineko and Anime
(previously I was Hashihime~)

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#24 Post by prezzey »

I really like Kino no Tabi and Boogiepop (I read the German editions), but both seem to be on hiatus, Amazon lists the upcoming volumes for 2008/2009, but they have yet to materialize. *sigh*

I read a bunch of volumes of .hack (two? three?) but I found them average at best. I confess I have the first volume of Gosick but I never finished it. Maybe I should try again?
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango