The first anime you ever saw?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Enigma
Veteran

Re: The first anime you ever saw?

#106 Post by Enigma »

My first anime was Fist of The North Star, I watched one episode while flipping htrough channels, loved it, then got hooked on dragonball z cause they looked kinda similar.
Now I watch the remake Dragonball Kai, and find myself cheering for the chracaters. (YEAH! KAMEHAMEHA TO THE FACE!!!!)

Ominias
Regular
Projects: Xai: The Shadow [WIP][GXB]

#107 Post by Ominias »

I'm not entierly sure what anime came first, since apparently I liked Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Pokemon since I was like, 2. XD I watched Shaman King and a lot of other animes on Fox Box (now 4Kids) since I wqas very little also, but I think the first anime I watched which I knew was an anime was Naruto.

Altsyph

#108 Post by Altsyph »

First I ever saw was Dragon Ball Z (DBZ).

But the first I knew it was anime and saw was Wolf's Rain.

redpanther

#109 Post by redpanther »

Saint Seiya....

Back then I think it's was awesome,but nowadays I think it's so cliches and retard.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#110 Post by LVUER »

redpanther wrote:Saint Seiya....

Back then I think it's was awesome,but nowadays I think it's so cliches and retard.
Don't say that. You thought it was awesome, then it means that show has do a good job. Lots of old animes are so cliches, retarded, and plain silly if we watched it again now, but it's not back then.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Morgan D
Regular
Projects: Amiga Succubus

#111 Post by Morgan D »

Sailor Moon.... the first anime I watched which I knew was an anime. <.<

nefferinthia
Regular

#112 Post by nefferinthia »

Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, B-daman etc. were all on regular tv here and I've watched them since I was 3 or so but the first ever anime I saw knowing it was anime was Tokyo Mew Mew. Still have fond memories of that :')

Raijenki
Regular

#113 Post by Raijenki »

Well, the first anime I watched on my PC was Matantei Loki Ragnarok, which I downloaded thinking it was related to Ragnarok Online...
But, in my life, I'm not sure about which anime I have ever watched.

Maybe Pokemon, Digimon, Tenchi Muyo, Dragon Ball, Jibaku-kun (Bucky), Saint Seiya... I really don't know.
But I do know the first japanese song I've heard: Depend on You, by Ayumi Hamasaki (although I only discovered the name of the song a long time later). It was the opening for Thousand Arms, a PS1 game.

Ametrya
Regular
Projects: Return to my life

#114 Post by Ametrya »

Sailor Moon.

Or maybe the My Neighbor Totoro movie.

I don't like anime as much as I used to, the last good anime I saw was the movie "The grave of the fireflies"

AQU
Regular
Completed: The Royal Trap, Infinite Game Works, Date Warp
Projects: Flight of Twilight

#115 Post by AQU »

Hmmm... I think that would be Ronin Warriors when I was in kindergarten.

LordShiranai
Regular
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest

#116 Post by LordShiranai »

I wasn't going to answer this, because it makes me look old, but probably Voltron. This was, of course, before I knew what anime was.

Several years later (1993-1994), a friend on a BBS got me hooked on Ah! My Goddess and I've pretty much been into anime and manga ever since.
Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Vermin Supreme.

Phosis
Regular
Projects: The Polaris Account, The Color Of Misery

#117 Post by Phosis »

Definitely Robotech.

In my house, anime was "Those Japanimation sex cartoons" and as such, were more or less banned. I really wanted to see Akira at the time (even though it probably would have given me immense psychological trauma.) and was never allowed. I remember reading Robotech novels when I was about eight years old, and loving them. My Dad and I discovered there was an anime, and so he rented some tapes. I loved it. After that, I didn't really watch another anime until Sailor Moon became popular. And I remember really liking it. After that was Dragonball (dubbed by a Canadian studio if I remember correctly, but only like, the first season) and then everything spiraled out of control after that.

My wife recently went back and watched Sailor Moon, in Japanese this time. She was surprised by how much was missing in the translated version, but we both agreed as good as we thought the animation was, we didn't really dig it anymore. But it is fun to remember when that was all that there was, and among lots of boys, myself included, it was a guilty unspoken pleasure that would get you relentlessly teased for admitting you liked it, by kids and adults alike.

Now anime is so prevelant that nobody even bats an eye about it anymore. Weird to think how much has changed.

And Akira, to this day, remains one of my favorite films of all time, "japanimation" or no "japanimation". ;)
If you made the effort to attempt to read this, you have far too much time on your hands. Good job, slacker.

FunkyRaspberry
Completed: Mechs vs Dragons (awesome RPGmakerXP game, in a silly fashion)
Projects: Tower Defense (unnamed), Galge (unnamed)

#118 Post by FunkyRaspberry »

Cowboy Bebop, and it's still my favorite by far. Then I got into animes like Azumanga Daioh and Lucky Star. All in all my favorite series so far are:

1. Cowboy Bebop
2. Welcome to the NHK!
3. Devil may Cry
4. Azumanga Daioh
5. Girls Bravo
and the rest will just be honorary mentions

kirakiraxpikapika

#119 Post by kirakiraxpikapika »

i'm pretty sure among this animes have i first watched:

Flame of Recca
Voltes 5(omg, plays the ending theme of voltes 5.lol)
Fushigi Yuugi
Dragonball Series(I dunno but that local tv channel seems to never get tired of this one, it still replays through this years)
Ghost Fighter
Ranma 1/2

I dunno which comes first... but if not anime, i remember that i first watched teletubbies.lol(i was 3 back then...)

mccurry

#120 Post by mccurry »

First ever anime, Sailor Moon, when I was a kid.
First anime, after actually knowing what anime was probably FLCL (... why that of all things I don't even know)