The first anime you ever saw?

For the rest of your otaku life.
IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

Re: The first anime you ever saw?

#136 Post by IonicMomo »

The first anime I ever saw were probably those dubs on Fox kids (Pokemon, Sailor Moon, etc.), along with some Miyazaki films in elementary school...but the first anime I watched while conscious of the fact that it was anime was probably Ouran High School Host Club.
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

cloudyssky
Veteran
Completed: Alone
Projects: Many failed ones

#137 Post by cloudyssky »

IonicMomo wrote:The first anime I ever saw were probably those dubs on Fox kids
Oh God I remember those now. I actually watched Fox Kids a few weeks ago and it wasn't until then that I realized the dubbing for most of the shows is just terrible. I question how those voices ever entertained me as a child, they're just so...bad.
Projects:
Alone- (Horror/Sci-Fi) Complete! Link
Demokratiya- (Adventure/Action) I'm kind of winging it with this one. Goal is 100,000 words. Yeah, it's gonna take a while.
{Last worked on Sept/28 : Word count (coding and all) ~4500}

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#138 Post by Alera »

cloudyssky wrote:
IonicMomo wrote:The first anime I ever saw were probably those dubs on Fox kids
Oh God I remember those now. I actually watched Fox Kids a few weeks ago and it wasn't until then that I realized the dubbing for most of the shows is just terrible. I question how those voices ever entertained me as a child, they're just so...bad.
I know, right??? Especially the ones here are really bad. We've got just a few animes on the TV, but who cares about their dubbing?! It's for "kids", right- so why should they care? OTL

The only one I've watched with good dubbing was Fullmetal Alchemist. Really- it's quite pro- something I would never expect in my country. But I think they made it for the magazine- which they cancelled after that. ;o;

Anyway- I'm a 100% fan of the originals!!! That's why I never watch anything on the TV. Just Discovery and National Geography and I get annoyed even when they have dubbed shows. XD *lol
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#139 Post by IonicMomo »

Yeah, those Fox Kids dubs were pretty awful. Like, horrendously bad. But I guess kids don't notice that sort of thing. They don't even really listen to the words half the time. XD

But I think that it's worth watching the Hetalia dubs (especially since the episodes are so short; it doesn't take much time to watch both the sub and the dub). I thought the English dub was well-done, especially because the translators took some liberties and translated it in such a way that it became more relevant to an English-speaking audience, while still preserving a lot of the humor. (For example, introducing the accent stereotypes, which I thought made it even funnier.)
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

Kimiko
Regular

#140 Post by Kimiko »

I think it was either Heidi or Mila Superstar… maybe Sailor Moon, I don’t know! xD
And my first anime movie was probably a Ghibli film… maybe “Spirited Away”... ^__^
I'm going to smile like nothing's wrong. Talk like everything's perfect, act like it’s all a dream and pretend it's not hurting me.

kantocan1
Regular

#141 Post by kantocan1 »

I never knew pokemon was an anime. It was always a cartoon for us in AUS.
The first one other than pokemon would be Bleach. I'm not that big a fan for the english dubs of it, so i bought an english sub of episodes 1-100. It's hard to find anime in where I live, downloading them seems too much of a problem.
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#142 Post by SilverxBlue »

My first one was Pokemon I usually watched it on Cartoon Network back when I was like six or seven years old, I got hooked to it, I remembered asking my mom to buy me those cards and I always ended up losing it, turns out my friends kept on stealing it. T_T

DBZ was actually my real first one but while watching it for only five minutes I got sick of it so I guess that doesn't count.

The first anime I watched while being completely aware of what Anime was, is Card Captor Sakura or Yu-Gi-Oh, I can't really remember but I think I was nine or ten years old back then.

I think my first anime movie was that Naruto movie. (I forgot the title -_-)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#143 Post by pondrthis »

Few episodes of pokemon, but the first one I watched aware of what I was watching was actually Gravitation. My little sister was like, "let's watch this gay anime romance together, it's amazing" and I was like "you've got to be shitting me, no way" and then, well, I ended up caving and thought it was awesome.

Yeah, so even though I'm a straight dude, I have a soft spot for yaoi.

...I've really only seen like 15-20 anime though... just enough to not be able to name all of them off the top of my head.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#144 Post by Snowflower »

There are so many that I was in love with back in my kiddie days

Sailor Moon
Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedingu Pichi (aka Wedding Peach)
Meitantei Conan (Detective Conan)
Ojamajo Doremi (Magical Doremi... I think)
Kaito Seinto Teru
Cardcaptor Sakura

Later came Pokemon & Digimon <3
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#145 Post by Tachyglossus »

...Actually my first exposure to anime is an old animated feature of Swan Lake done by Toei Animation. My mother recorded it off of T.V. and I watched that tape until it fell apart. Around the same time we also had an anime version of Alladin, and would rent an anime version of Little Women. I fell in love with that artstyle but did not know it was from Japan. I was watching these things before I could read and realize that people's names in the credits were Japanese... and well, even then it wouldn't be weird because I lived around a lot of Japanese and Chinese people. The first T.V. series I got into would have been Dragon Ball.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#146 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Snowflower wrote: Ai Tenshi Densetsu Wedingu Pichi (aka Wedding Peach)
How did you watch that show back in the day?! Even though the dub is absolutely terrible...well, no, just Takuro, I could only find it on Anime Network on demand. XD Just curious.
deviantART
---------------------

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#147 Post by Snowflower »

Well, it was on tv (in Korean) I watched majority of the shows in either Japanese or Korean because I'm fluent in Korean and can understand some what in Japanese (learned for 2+ years)
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#148 Post by platonicheart »

The first anime to plant an addictive substance to my eyes is Ghost Hunter. It was freaking awesome for me because I was just about six or five years old back then. :)

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#149 Post by Snowflower »

I totally forgot Beyblade. hah :3

& kai, for me... the first tsundere I was obsessed with.

Agent Zero
Regular

#150 Post by Agent Zero »

First manga I ever read : Dance in Vampire Bund ( In September )
First anime ever ( The sailor moon when I was 6 joust before school I remember it because I have an old photo of the TV ; we tried to sell it and the anime was on ; If it's anime ) Rosario Vampire. ( in October )

Currently in school. By June 22th a site a blog and a game should be up and running.