White Chamber

For the rest of your otaku life.
Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

White Chamber

#1 Post by Megaman Z »

NOTICE! THIS GAME CONTAINS GORY AND POTENTIALLY SCARY IMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT QUITE LIMITED TO VISIONS OF HELL, CORPSES, AND VIOLENCE. DESCRETION IS ADVISED

I recently stumbled across this particularly fun adventure/horror game, which can be downloaded (legally) from http://www.studiotrophis.com/wc.php (using either a torrent file or, if you think you're lucky, a direct connection with the server that has the install file. I'd go with the first option, as it's a 300MB install file.)

the story itself is summarized by this: a girl awakes in a coffin in a room (which is in space. if you can't get far enough to uncover THAT fact, I pity you) with no clue as to why she's here. things get weird as horrifying events occur on the space station (ranging from her surviving a stab through the heart to a smelly fridge that threatens to kill you with an odor), and each move she makes takes her one step closer to the "white chamber"...
(yes, I wrote that summary. yes, I know there's three spoilers in there. I didn't tell you how to take care of the smelly fridge, though.)

for those that aren't driven partially insane by this game, feel free to post your comments here.
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#2 Post by Megaman Z »

oh, and as a side note, I can't figure out how to detonate the explosives I found... I've tried everything in my inventory (within reason, that is), and nothing will work.
I have to detonate them to get past this welded door. it is two rooms north of the cradle after you lower it. the explosives can be obtained in the east cradle section after modding the ID card, which can be done after the fridge appears.
another note (all spoiler):
I've assembled a corpse, but can't figure out what to do with it. the pieces needed are:
head, from shower area (use control panel) [Cradle>N>W]
Torso, from a certain smelly box (not quitre a hell sequence)
left arm, from a cupboard
right arm, from a hell sequence beginning just north of the cradle
leg, from a hell sequence in E. cradle freezer

assemble them on the [previously burning] bed in sick bay
[edit: solved. put battery in power compartment, use laser to open sealed box, take eyes from box. place eyes in assembled body. cover with blanket.]
~Kitsune Zeta

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

beaten. I've confirmed four "gameplay termination" points, two of which are game overs, and one is not really an ending. they are as follows...

1)Redemption [type: ending]
2)Damned [type: ending]
3)Venomous [type: game over][occurs in room north of cradle]
4)Decay [type: game over][occurs in sickbay quarantine]

I have a theory that there's another ending to be obtained, but I'll have to start from scratch, see as how the difference between the two confirmed endings is based on a seemingly pointless decision (or rather, decision set)

I'm NOT posting the storyline revealed during the ending sequence shared by the two confirmed endings (and possibly a third ending), as this destroys the mood of the game. if you wanna know it, beat it yourself.

(also, your character's name is "Sarah". that isn't much of a spoiler, given that any [feminine (sp?)] name could be inserted and it would still be the same... except that, by knowing your character's name, the third vid-disc (red) has a much different meaning to it. as such, read it if you want to.)
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#4 Post by darkknight »

Dont double post!!! or triple post!!!!

Just kidding...Nice game great graphics...especially comparied to the ones around here...i have said too much...back to my hole in the ground
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

GLACIER
Regular

#5 Post by GLACIER »

I played this one a couple months ago. Graphics were very nice for a fan effort, although the game was far too easy and short for my liking (I also found the ending scenes to be a bit silly and overdone. On the plus side, there were no illogical puzzles or pixel hunts, so I was able to complete it comfortably without hints). I'd still recommend downloading it, at least if you're on a broadband connection.

pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: White Chamber

#6 Post by pwisaguacate »

Greetings, I come from exactly eight years into the future. I have come here, discovering this game in the process, in search for a buried gem.

the white chamber
Studio Trophis: http://www.studiotrophis.com/site/home
Download: http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-white- ... chamber-17
[NOTE: windows installer only, but runs perfectly fine on Wine without configuration]

This point-and-click game has decent graphics and soundtrack with English and German voice acting and nine language subtitle options. It takes about two hours to reach a real ending on first playthrough. I like how it's not a pixel clickfest and the progress is fairly steady. The character's walking speed and background panning could be a little faster though. If you have a few hours to kill, then sure, check it out. (contains some gore, but not gratuitous or sexual)

There are four real endings. Each time you end, it will display a hint that leads to an easter egg in the game.

Aw, poor guy, he looks cold. Let me put a blanket on him. And yeah, why did I collect and assemble body parts together? (TBH, I lol'd hard.)
whitechamber-screenshot1.png
Stuck? Quick tips (SPOILER):
  • It's not that hard. Quit reading gamefaqs if you haven't played yet.
  • Is the tape recorder giving you a deadly vision? Chuck the battery-less laser cutter at it.
  • Trying to blow up the door with explosives? Laser desk's beam + mirror...
  • Activating the shower panel reveals... a wig?

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#7 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Surprised to find this here. I stumbled on this game at an anime convention in England about 10 years ago and I have always remembered the game foundly. The developers were quite involved in the scene there (made the cons magazine and I think they had previously given out copies of the game for free there). I remember the artist also made a documentary and a Doctor Who anime and one of the other guys had a Podcast.

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#8 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

Yhe artists anime fansub documentary : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUYlqLlbix0
His Doctor Who anime:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3qZYUPi2Y