8%
Haven't, but am planning to go soon
23%

Total votes: 13

optimus160
Ultimate Lemma One

Who has been to Japan?

#1 Post by optimus160 »

Just wondering if anyone has been to Japan here? I have, how about you?
PHEAR THE POWER OF THE ULTIMATE LEMMA ONE

Visit my DeviantArt page for stuff!

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#2 Post by Megaman Z »

I remember going, but I have few memories of it...

interesting stories, though, did get remembered, such as the old "Iie/Yeah" problem. I'll let the expert(s) explain, if any of them notice this thread. also, one of my RL friends said he was there in the same time-frame that I was. I wouldn't know (see first sentence).

one of my buddies has been to Korea multiple times (which is where my copy of "X-com: Apocalypse" came from... I really wish I had a translation for the manual...)

[edit: OT: just now noticed who created the thread. I haven't seen any posts from you in a long time. (I think your last post was before I even found this site!)]
~Kitsune Zeta

kara24601
Veteran
Projects: Numerous unfinished dreams await completion.

#3 Post by kara24601 »

I haven't and I don't plan on going anytime soon
but I do want to go someday.

Although I'll probably have problems with getting annoyed with bugs and worry about earthquakes and stuff , I would love to see as many things as I could ...the Anime and stuff that has come out over there that hasn't or will never be ported over here yet , Shibuya and other interesting "hot spots" , maybe watch some plays / opera , and check out the festivals.

( hmm...probably would have to take more than one trip or spend a long time there for all that...lol )

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by musical74 »

I haven't been to Japan yet, but I would LOVE to go and see how it is different than American culture and values. A HS friend spent a year in Japan as an exchange student and I was really impressed with everything that he told me about it, how things are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different in some ways, and in some ways sooooooooooooo similar....I would love to go one of these days =)
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#5 Post by mikey »

I have to say my first Asian pick would be China (first Hong-Kong and then one very sleepy village in the middle of nowhere). Malaysia comes second, then Korea. As for Japan, I have this wild fantasy (no no wait... not THAT kind...), I see myself on a bicycle riding across the Rainbow Bridge :P If Japan, then Tokyo, if Tokyo, then on bicycle. Just riding around, stopping and going wherever my mood takes me.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#6 Post by rioka »

I would love to vacation in Japan one day but I think I may end up visiting Cambodia before Japan as one of my friends hails from there.

bookie
Veteran

#7 Post by bookie »

I've been to Japan twice. Both times for two hours waiting for a connecting flight to/from Taiwan. Exciting!

I still have every intention of going to Japan and staying there though. If my life plan works out I'll be spending at least a semester of my college career there.