Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

HMX-0?

#1 Post by PyTom »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4714135.stm

Japan develops girl robot... suprising basically nobody.

As someone who works in computer science here in the USA, I think we should commit absurd amounts of money to close the upcoming robot maid gap!
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

JackalAndromeda
Regular

#2 Post by JackalAndromeda »

Yeah! It'll be like the space race, only more Moe.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#3 Post by Megaman Z »

uh-oh... this could be trouble... if the androids end up being anatomically (sp?) correct... you "perverted people" should already know exactly where I am going with this.

(and then there's the possibility of the Terminator triligy becoming a reality...)

sadly, I have insufficient funds to contribute any to these kinds of projects. I would like to know if anything develops.
(maybe MGS5 will have androids... if MGS4 doesn't. I'm waiting impatiently for a PS3, if you can't tell by that statement.)
~Kitsune Zeta

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#4 Post by Blue Lemma »

As someone who works in computer science here in the USA, I think we should commit absurd amounts of money to close the upcoming robot maid gap!
I agree! It beats half the stuff we spend absurd amounts of money on :P

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Megaman Z »

Blue Lemma wrote:
I agree! It beats half the stuff we spend absurd amounts of money on :P
like cheap drumsticks and flat plastic dance mats (think DDR)? (I should know, I've gone through about five pair of drumsticks and three mats in two months)
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#6 Post by mikey »

A girl robot... well if anyone should come up with this, it's them.

But I don't think it's that hard to program it - basically you more or less put in [mood="random"] and omit displaying what she wants/feels at the moment, so the guys have to guess. A built-in lengthwise parking incapability and [if mouse=true then "panic"]. The "Have I gained weight" question you set to repeat every 6 hours with the only possible answer being "no". That would basically be the AI.

And that is basically it for me being something like respected by the female half of the forum members... :?

You do realize that was a joke, right?... It was! Deep inside I am so respectful and non-sexist and I find women very beautiful and complex, yet logical beings, adding meaning to our lives,... :P

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Megaman Z »

mikey wrote:A girl robot... well if anyone should come up with this, it's them.

But I don't think it's that hard to program it - basically you more or less put in [mood="random"] and omit displaying what she wants/feels at the moment, so the guys have to guess. A built-in lengthwise parking incapability and [if mouse=true then "panic"]. The "Have I gained weight" question you set to repeat every 6 hours with the only possible answer being "no". That would basically be the AI.

And that is basically it for me being something like respected by the female half of the forum members... :?

You do realize that was a joke, right?... It was! Deep inside I am so respectful and non-sexist and I find women very beautiful and complex, yet logical beings, adding meaning to our lives,... :P
you forget the line of code that makes them want to kill you - wait, wrong time... ignore what I said.
~Kitsune Zeta

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#8 Post by chronoluminaire »

JackalAndromeda wrote:Yeah! It'll be like the space race, only more Moe.
Let it happen! :)

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#9 Post by Otaku Dash »

It was espected something like this were to happen ever since the Japanese put a dancing robot to welcome a forein president. :D :lol:

But yeah this is a worthwhile cause. Well I could I would donate money right away.... but alas..... I can't :? :P

Megaman Z -> Definetly the wrong time. :shock: :P *sees angry woman mob burst into the building*
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Megaman Z »

*sits back and watches female mob attack dummy*

ouch... good thing that's a good... 100 miles or so (give or take 1000) away from where I am.
~Kitsune Zeta

Glasskitten
Regular
Completed: I confess to nothing! \(>o<)/

#11 Post by Glasskitten »

I saw news of that android elsewhere, only without the gender commentaries accompanying it.

It is my guess that many females are difficult to undestand because of how much they use that "subconscious" thingy that normal humans have. They automatically communicate their moods and intentions in some cryptic "body language" thing and then get mad if you do not subconsciously know that you are supposed to respond a certain way. Notice that one of the breakthroughs they (or maybe it was the writers of the first article I read?) talked about with this new Japanese lady android is her capacity for continuous subtle movement...humans must be sensitive to that on some level. Good thing I am not a human. =^_^=

I will add your robot project to my list of things to fund when I get a bestselling novel published, but it is second in priority to the translation of the Tokimeki Memorial series into English, and there is a condition I would require. A male robot has to be made as well. =*^_^*= The male robot must not have the stereotypical flaws attributed to men, which I will refrain from mentioning for the sake of my continued existence.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Megaman Z »

Glasskitten wrote:I saw news of that android elsewhere, only without the gender commentaries accompanying it.

It is my guess that many females are difficult to undestand because of how much they use that "subconscious" thingy that normal humans have. They automatically communicate their moods and intentions in some cryptic "body language" thing and then get mad if you do not subconsciously know that you are supposed to respond a certain way. Notice that one of the breakthroughs they (or maybe it was the writers of the first article I read?) talked about with this new Japanese lady android is her capacity for continuous subtle movement...humans must be sensitive to that on some level. Good thing I am not a human. =^_^=

I will add your robot project to my list of things to fund when I get a bestselling novel published, but it is second in priority to the translation of the Tokimeki Memorial series into English, and there is a condition I would require. A male robot has to be made as well. =*^_^*= The male robot must not have the stereotypical flaws attributed to men, which I will refrain from mentioning for the sake of my continued existence.
uh-huh... if you're on Phobos, how the heck do you think WE could even get to you, much less end your existance? it's not like we know what your OS is.

so there's not really a worry about a backlash for mentioning male flaws right now, is there?
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#13 Post by darkknight »

Megaman...

If someone names male flaws i swear i will freak out...
Because heaven forbid that a male should say a flaw about a female
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

ShiraiJunichi
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by ShiraiJunichi »

What if it's a guy who starts listing flaws in men?

Interesting how it's acceptable to insult groups that you belong to...

But I don't want you to go ballistic, so I'll keep quiet ^_^

darkknight
Veteran

#15 Post by darkknight »

I mentioned flaws of men before and some of the people in the forum got a bit upset
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....