Your most favorite obscure game?

For the rest of your otaku life.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Re: Your most favorite obscure game?

#91 Post by lordcloudx »

My turn. Everyone else had a Game Boy or a Game Boy Color back in the day, but I opted for the Sega Game Gear because it had color! Anywayz, didn't realize how much of a battery hog (6 effin AA batteries for about 4.5 hours!) it was until I actually got the unit. I ended up playing it while attached to a power adaptor most of the time... so it was sorta portable as long as I brought the adaptor with me and there was a power outlet somewhere.

Anywayz, Power Rangers: The Movie was one of my favorite games. I'd say it's still a contender for best 8-bit 2D fighter ever. Smooth controls, easy specials, and supers. Also, everyone has a homing overhead if you jump and press 1+2 at the same time.

How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#92 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#93 Post by musical74 »

Another (somewhat) obscure game is Earthbound for the US. It had a HUGE push when it first came out, but between its so so graphics (the graphics were worse than other games around that time) and as it's a RPG that very much does NOT take itself seriously it was passed on by a lot of people. But it is very fun, there are a LOT of references to popular culture,, not to mention the grand weakness of the main character (oh geez, he gets homesick NOW?! LOL) not to mention some of the monsters you fight!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#94 Post by LVUER »

I love Earthbound ^_^ Too bad it's the only Mother series that ever localized into English.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

FunkyRaspberry
Completed: Mechs vs Dragons (awesome RPGmakerXP game, in a silly fashion)
Projects: Tower Defense (unnamed), Galge (unnamed)

#95 Post by FunkyRaspberry »

the two first Oddworld games...
Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus...

they're just so unique and awesome in their own way.

Sidekick-Boy

#96 Post by Sidekick-Boy »

Lyle in cube sector and bonesaw <3

as far as music Brad sucks is an awesome obscure band.

that's all I got right now.

reading through the last page....

there will be a legends 3 and it'll be for 3ds.

source: http://ds.ign.com/articles/112/1124165p1.html