Your most favorite obscure game?

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Your most favorite obscure game?

#46 Post by LVUER »

mysterialize wrote:
And that reminds me one time when I visited my friends and we play Legend of Mana multiplayer arena. But since I didn't bring my memory card, I was forced to play with his character. And because he used his "main" character, I could only use his "dump" character. The funny is (which makes me proud), his Lv.60 Spear character (with his ultimate weapon, armor, magic, and skills) couldn't beat my Lv.25 Two Hand Sword (one weapon that I don't like very much) with second rate equipments... Guess I was that good, huh ^_^ Oh, and BTW, my weapon of choice in Legend of Mana is Bow.
I personally used the two-handed sword and spear the most. I actually don't think I ever tried the bow... I should do that sometime.
Bow is fast hitting, hard hitting, and projectile (though the trajectory isn't that far) weapon. Too bad it has weak knock-back effect (but then again, it makes a good combo weapon, which could lead into "dizzy" status). The final super attack (main gun) cover lots of area (almost entire screen) and have damage rating of 5. I decimate lots of boss easily using bow ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#47 Post by prezzey »

* Sailor Moon Fuwa Fuwa Panic (SNES). I don't even like Sailor Moon, but this was a really fun arcade-style puzzle game.
* Magical Drop 3 (NeoGeo) Another great Japanese puzzle game.
* Money Idol Exchanger (NeoGeo) Similar to Magical Drop, but with coins.
* Waku Waku 7 (NeoGeo) Completely crazy 2D fighter :mrgreen:
* Ranma 1/2 Ougi Jaanken (SNES) Another cool puzzle game, a cross between Tetris and Rock-Paper-Scissors. (And I think I like Ranma even less than Sailor Moon. ^^; )
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango

LVUER
King of Lolies

#48 Post by LVUER »

prezzey wrote:* Magical Drop 3 (NeoGeo) Another great Japanese puzzle game.
Now, I'm pretty sure I've heard that title somewhere... what kind of game is that...
And speaking about puzzle games, I really like Tetris Battle Gaiden in SNES.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

number473
Regular
Projects: The Duke's Daughter

#49 Post by number473 »

One of my favorites is the platformer Cave Story. Even if you were to disregard gameplay, etc, (which is in fact good and quite challenging) the story and music are such that they really draw you into the world.
Mental weather report: Cloudy with a possibility of brain storms.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#50 Post by LVUER »

Ah, how could I forget my favorite game: Front Mission Alternative ^_^

DeviantArt Account

Krai
Projects: The Game, Disaster Gakuen [MAYBE.]

#51 Post by Krai »

Shin Megami Tensei in general, but specifically the ones that are NOT Persona. Persona's great, but what about Digital Devil Saga (which I personally consider to be the best in the series out of the games that have been released in America) and Nocturne? Maybe I'm nitpicking but whenever I mention Shin Megami Tensei, people automatically think I'm talking about Persona when it's way more than just that.

Visit me at DeviantART!

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#52 Post by mysterialize »

Krai wrote:Shin Megami Tensei in general, but specifically the ones that are NOT Persona. Persona's great, but what about Digital Devil Saga (which I personally consider to be the best in the series out of the games that have been released in America) and Nocturne? Maybe I'm nitpicking but whenever I mention Shin Megami Tensei, people automatically think I'm talking about Persona when it's way more than just that.
There's not much else I can say here but that I thoroughly agree. The rest of SMT needs so much more love.

Nocturne is just cruel though.

LVUER
King of Lolies

#53 Post by LVUER »

mysterialize wrote:
Krai wrote:Shin Megami Tensei in general, but specifically the ones that are NOT Persona. Persona's great, but what about Digital Devil Saga (which I personally consider to be the best in the series out of the games that have been released in America) and Nocturne? Maybe I'm nitpicking but whenever I mention Shin Megami Tensei, people automatically think I'm talking about Persona when it's way more than just that.
There's not much else I can say here but that I thoroughly agree. The rest of SMT needs so much more love.

I play Nocturne and the enemies mop floor with my characters after just 5 hours of gameplay. It's really hard...

On the other hand, DDS is much more manageable. I love how DDS press turn work and exploit it to my advantageous.

Has anyone played Shin Megami Tensei DS?

DeviantArt Account

Krai
Projects: The Game, Disaster Gakuen [MAYBE.]

#54 Post by Krai »

LVUER wrote:
mysterialize wrote:

I play Nocturne and the enemies mop floor with my characters after just 5 hours of gameplay. It's really hard...

On the other hand, DDS is much more manageable. I love how DDS press turn work and exploit it to my advantageous.

Devil Survivor? I have that. I'm not too far, though, mainly because I rarely play the DS. I think the RTS elements are a little difficult to get used to, at least for me.

I'm also so stuck in Nocturne at the moment. The Third Kalpa makes me want to throw things.

Visit me at DeviantART!

shanou20

#55 Post by shanou20 »

Personally I really like the Shin MEgami Tensei saga, though i've only played to the persona's series, it almost always makes me cry when i reached the end of the game. I think the persona's saga is dark too, 'cause the recurring topic is death. :(
Hey you!!! Do you want my picture??

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#56 Post by sayuri »

Evolution Worlds. My first Gamecube game... it was awesome. The story seemed like a total ripoff of Castle in the Sky, IMHO.
Last edited by sayuri on Sun May 02, 2010 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prezzey
Regular
Projects: Emerald Spires, Amesirun (ES side story)

#57 Post by prezzey »

I started to play it during the summer but found the battles quite tedious... which was a shame since the story was shaping up to be interesting.

I think my brother finished it...? I'm not sure.
Now, I'm pretty sure I've heard that title somewhere... what kind of game is that...
It's like the PC/XBLA/(PSN?) game Astropop... in fact Astropop is a complete ripoff of Magical Drop with less than half of the charm. :|

Magical Drop 3 gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcIJfQyl76k
http://www.prezzey.net

"Manny, until now we scraped along the ground like rats, but from now on, we soar! Like eagles! Yeah! Like eagles... ON POGO STICKS!" - Grim Fandango

ra-nyan
Regular

#58 Post by ra-nyan »

Valkyria Chronicles! This is a really nice game and it should've been advertised more or at least had a different release date than LBP. It could've been more popular.
LVUER wrote: Has anyone played Shin Megami Tensei DS?
I have and it's really good. Could've been longer but multiple endings are fine too.
boredom kills....

Fluffycrow
Regular
Projects: Akita Files (WIP, mystery/otome)

#59 Post by Fluffycrow »

I'm really disappointed that no one's mentioned Psychonauts yet. So here it is: Psychonauts. "I am the Milkman. My milk is delicious," is just as quote-able as "The cake is a lie," if you ask me.

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#60 Post by ludeshka »

Has anybody mentioned Baroque already?
Because I loved Baroque. (*points to her icon*) The concepts. The art style. The OST...

The amazing, amazing, opening video *swoons*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JnMBw2ZZK4

Another "obscure" game that really made an impression on me was SaGa Frontier 2. Kind of like, A Song of Ice and Fire, except, you know, playable XD