anime is ruined now that everybody likes it... /sarcasm
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

Re: Anime is dying, ㅋㅋ..

#62 Post by dramspringfeald »

Chat about Eva
Well according to some "stuff" I read way back in 01 or 02 The Director or writer of EVA was going through a mind crippling depression and he used EVA as his therapy. Much like Aerith from FF7. The issues in the Show were either Him and/or his wife... and him again while using Giant Robot Children. Back in the mid 90's Freudian theory was coming back and Symbols in EVERYTHING were the thing to do.

Change out Shinji his emasculated self, Auska with Angry side(or wife?), Rei with his 'observing' self, and the rest of people he felt responsible. His Father, His (missing?) mother and his co-workers and it all starts to make sense. Misato would be his shrink if I remember right.

Anyway he had some real issues in the mid 90's and Eva was his way of working through it... but I don't think it helped at all.

Course I could be a bit off this was almost 12 years ago and I was in Middle school.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

zankokunoyami
Regular
Projects: Dies Irae: Phantatiom Elements

#63 Post by zankokunoyami »

Personally, I have felt anime has been dying for a number of years. Mainly due to the shear number of bad new anime shows they have been releasing. I remember when each year I could find a dozen good shows to watch. Now, I am lucky to find one once a year. I feel that they have become more about fanservice and repeats of old ideas... basically... the same thing that happened to American shows. And the same reason I actually began to hate watching any shows in America, and for that same reason, got into Japanese Animation. It felt more original. But that originality seems to be dying down.

I guess it is bound to happen. Lack of good ideas, of original ideas, and of good writers who are capable of turning something that has been done a thousand times into something original.

My two cents.
Dies Irae: Phantatiom Elements
Check us out on facebook!
Listen to the radioplay on YouTube

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#64 Post by LVUER »

I hear that animator wage is so dirt cheap that it's only a job fueled by love and passion (unfortunately, both can't pay bills and fill your stomach). Not that I only hear about this recently... May be this can also the one that kill anime industry? Not that anime industry doesn't generate lots of money...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#65 Post by DaFool »

zankokunoyami wrote:Personally, I have felt anime has been dying for a number of years. Mainly due to the shear number of bad new anime shows they have been releasing. I remember when each year I could find a dozen good shows to watch. Now, I am lucky to find one once a year. I feel that they have become more about fanservice and repeats of old ideas... basically... the same thing that happened to American shows. And the same reason I actually began to hate watching any shows in America, and for that same reason, got into Japanese Animation. It felt more original. But that originality seems to be dying down.

I guess it is bound to happen. Lack of good ideas, of original ideas, and of good writers who are capable of turning something that has been done a thousand times into something original.

My two cents.
I wholeheartedly agree. In addition though, the reason why I prefer the anime fandom is the inclusive nature of it, that I can create similar stories without feeling like I need to invest millions of dollars like Hollywood.

Now my motivation is that I personally have stories which I'm sure no one else in the world would be able to tell. I may not be the best writer, but I'm confident in my ability to deliver things from way left field. Either visual novel or light novel format would be perfect low budget methods to deliver these stories, as these formats are sadly unpopular in the west.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#66 Post by Lishy »

PyTom wrote:The US anime-on-DVD industry is dying because the product they sell is inferior. Anime DVDs offer us a 480i picture with low-resolution 3-color subtitles, many months after a show has finished airing, at an expensive price per episode. A service like Crunchyroll offers 720p pictures with high-resolution anti-aliased subtitles, while a show is originally airing, for pennies an episode.

The health of the US anime-on-DVD industry has little to do with the health of Anime as a whole. (Which may be declining due to the economic downturn.)
Not just that. But the censorship (even in "uncensored" dvds) is complete and utter bullshit to those who wish to appreciate the original work.

In fact, I consider it an insut to Americans when they censor anime because it sends a message that our culture is too immature to handle it. As a hot-blooded American, I take offense to censorship!
-