What would you like to see in anime?

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: What would you like to see in anime?

#46 Post by LVUER »

Ummm... perhaps more action anime? Doesn't need heavy plot, philosophy, or romance (but good story still need to exist). Just an anime with lots pure adrenalin-pumping action sequences.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Nanashiko
Regular

#47 Post by Nanashiko »

Fluffycrow wrote:I'd like more romantic anime that isn't mindless dribble about useless females and too-hot-for-her-guys having sex. Like the Fruits Basket manga. I was crazy-excited when the anime came out, but it just sucked.
Have you taken a look at Kaichou wa Maid-sama! This sounds like you might enjoy it. The female in it is just awesome definitely not useless.

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#48 Post by playswithtribbles »

For anime I've found a few recurring themes if things I like, here are a few:

-In Anime Men:
-Red eyes
-Silver hair
-Wings
-Dark past that they are seeking redemption for
-Assassins
-Bounty Hunters

-In anime as a whole:
-Vampires
-Tough female characters
-Plot has to, at least, make some sense.
-Romance
-Bad-@ss Character (You know what I mean)
-Obscenely powerful character
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

linkdragon0
Veteran
Projects: ILoMG, Nomads

#49 Post by linkdragon0 »

I don't mind vampires, but if there is any twilight vampires I think the world has enough of those already.
My handle is Shoe, please use it if you prefer.

International League of Magical Girls
Story: 60%
Script: 15%
Art: 33.33%
Music: 0.002%
Comedy: <9000%

playswithtribbles
Regular
Projects: 'Paths of Twilight' A Fantasy GxB game with a RPG flavor. Sprites: 18% Script: 35-38% BGs: 18% Music: 100%

#50 Post by playswithtribbles »

linkdragon0 wrote:I don't mind vampires, but if there is any twilight vampires I think the world has enough of those already.
No, no I mean bloodsucking Hellsing or Blood Plus vampires.

Alucard is my master.
-Dark Helmet-"And so you see Lonestar, that evil will always triumph! Because good is dumb."

Enigma
Veteran

#51 Post by Enigma »

I'd like to see a REALLY desprate writer come rip off one of the VNs on this forum and maka an Anime, just kidding.

I'd like to see a remake of Fist of the North Star, I'd like to see more anime stay true to the manga their based off, I'd like to see less school anime, I'd like to see more anime with unique ,for lack of a better word, "impression". Like "this is awesome, but in a different way from random anime X". Like I think both Afro Samurai and Fist of The North Star are epic, but they leave a different feeling while watching them.

I'd also like to see an anime throw symbolism and theme to the wind and create a story meant to be enjoied as a story and not to teach a lesson (I wouldn't say a shallow plot, but something that dosen't get all Aesop's fables on me)

Also, as for an anime version of Batman, I'd say Darker Than Black, people tend to call the main character Chinese Electric Batman.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#52 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Enigma wrote:I'd like to see a REALLY desprate writer come rip off one of the VNs on this forum and maka an Anime, just kidding.
THIS.

Of course, being the biased person that I am, I'd wish that Fantasia, the Realm of Thanos (and its sequels) and Re:Alistair became anime. :D~

There is this one anime that I like that's playing on On Demand whose name translates into "Living for the Day After Tomorrow". The main character is a girl who...
- was in a relationship
- older than college age(!)
- smokes (!)

So basically I'd like to see more anime with older women as a main character. But not like that fanservicey kind of woman. A regular woman with issues. :) (Although she does turn a bit different after the first episode, her mindset is still the same~)

I don't really mind the high school anime thing...as long as it has something unique. :D Or something likable, like the humor in Clannad (for me at least)
deviantART
---------------------

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#53 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enigma
Veteran

#54 Post by Enigma »

Even though some people may claim it isn't anime, I'd like to see a full seires for Afro Samurai (a 13-26 episode seires, all I have now is five episodes and a movie.)

I'd like to see more martial arts anime that are good storywise (please no more Goku copies) and don't turn into a contest of beam spamming (I liked Historys Strongest Disciple Kenichi which has no energy attacks, but the best arc is only in the manga.)

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#55 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Enigma
Veteran

#56 Post by Enigma »

Topagae wrote:@Enigma
Recently they introduced some energy attacks
Well yeah, that's the Elder though, he was already a game breaker, and on a related note. I can't wait to see the Elder fight Yami's leader (I'm sure EVERYONE see this coming)

I'm also proud to say that I heard a Mirai Nikki anime may be produced. Hell Yeah!

Doggy Nino
Regular
Projects: Crystal Hearts (Discontinued)

#57 Post by Doggy Nino »

In anime I prefer there to be comedy and action more than anything else... but sometimes I would like the female protangist to have a tomboy aspects and be completely weird or bizzare. Also I would like there to be romance in it but only some not the whole thing being just about the couple if there is one.
"In our world of big names, curiously, our true heroes tend to be anonymous. In this life of illusion and quasi-illusion, the person of solid virtues who can be admired for something more substantial than his well-knownness often proves to be the unsung hero: the teacher, the nurse, the mother, the honest cop, the hard worker at lonely, underpaid, unglamorous, unpublicized jobs." -Daniel J. Boorstin

Ramidel
Regular

#58 Post by Ramidel »

Hm.

I'd like to see more mahou shoujo anime in the style of Nanoha and the Mai franchise; in general, bringing more seinen sensibility (yes, I know the latter is shonen, but it could just as easily be marketed as seinen) to the genre. Nanoha overdoes the moe sometimes but it was also groundbreaking in its crossbreeding with the mecha genre and the sci-fi plotline of StrikerS; my deepest dream is to see a series that's the love child of Nanoha or Mai-Otome with Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#59 Post by Samu-kun »

That sounds like a great idea.

To tell the truth, I've been fantasizing about a Nanoha series that features the crazy action sequences in Final Fantasy: Advent Children. That would be freaking awesome!!!

LordShiranai
Regular
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest

#60 Post by LordShiranai »

I'd personally love to see another show that is in the same style as Record of Loddoss War. By that, I mean a show which is heavily inspired by more traditional fantasy and/or table top RPG conventions, and has a fairly serious narrative.

Too many anime in the fantasy genre nowadays try to moefy things too much, or pepper in too many console RPG cliches (such as mixing in too many sci-fi elements, for example). Not that these things are always bad, but I've always hoped for another show that makes me feel like I'm watching an animated D&D campaign being played out. Everything I've seen since the original Lodoss OAV has fallen short.
Don't Blame Me. I Voted for Vermin Supreme.