What do you hate about Japan?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

Re: What do you hate about Japan?

#106 Post by Chansel »

What I hate most about it is that's it's on the other side of the globe from where I live T^T
So if I ever want to go there, it'll cost me a bloody fortune just to buy a plane ticket >.>

One of the things I’m seriously not a fan of though, is the obsession most young-ish girls appear to have with BxB. There’s nothing wrong with it, don’t get me wrong. But I’m getting pretty tired of browsing for manga’s targeted at girls with romance in ‘m and getting HUGE lists of BxB with maybe three heterosexual pairings hiding somewhere in the list.
Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I like to see boy on boy action. Hell, far from it actually. I can never stand those ‘girly-man-types’. I think the term is ‘uke’? I want a real man, dammit >.>
Have to admit though, I once read this manga about two manly men which I found rather good. So I suppose I’m not as much against reading BxB as I am against reading about the “I’m more feminine and weaker than all the girls in this manga”-ukes >.<”

(So, I’m I going to get killed now for saying I don’t like BxB XD?)
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

gundestiny
Regular

#107 Post by gundestiny »

^ No, you're going to get a high five from me *high fives*

I don't particularly hate this about japan, but I do find it hard to keep up with.
All its formalities and proceedures.
[Particularly the shoe thing]
I stayed there for a bit and I always wore the wrong slippers in the wrong room, and then I felt super guilty cause they would all gasp and quickly rush you into the room to change them xD
Also presents... the Japanese do not like to be out-presented *if you give them one they give you back ten*
That doesn't bode well with my conscience ^^"
DeviantArt
TUMBLR
Art is a passion and hobby, nothing more for me \o/

flowerthief
Regular

#108 Post by flowerthief »

Kuroneko wrote: I know this thread is not supposed to be taken too seriously (I think), but it made me a bit sad to see a hate thread on Japan... xD;
The list of things I love about Japan is MUCH longer than the list of things I hate. I bet everyone here can say the same.
Customizable datesim in beta! Need testers!
Idolcraft - RPG-style bishoujo simulation

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#109 Post by LVUER »

The existence of hate thread on Japan means that there are many who loves Japan (the more you love something, the more probable you hate it too when something goes wrong).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Elemental-Butterfly
Veteran

#110 Post by Elemental-Butterfly »

LVUER wrote:The existence of hate thread on Japan means that there are many who loves Japan (the more you love something, the more probable you hate it too when something goes wrong).
That actually make sense, its .... true. O_O

Kuroneko
Regular
Completed: Eyes of a Dead Fish

#111 Post by Kuroneko »

Thanks flowertheif and LVUER. xD

Liminality
Regular
Projects: Sorayume no Kaze BxG VN

#112 Post by Liminality »

Hmm. I don't mind many of the things people have been mentioning on here at all (Of course, I have a habit of reading only the first and last pages, so I'm missing a lot of information, bwahhh)... but what I hate most of all is the xenophobia, especially of the older generations. The odd looks you get on the street from the Japanese, the hospitality that eventually turns to awkward "why haven't you left yet?" accompanied by expressions of disdain. It's the fact that we can love Japan so much, but it's not like Japan really needs us or anything, so it's just a crush.

Yup, just a crush. A terrible, terrible one-sided crush. Or perhaps an abusive relationship?

Teenagers aren't as close-minded though!
Zuzu of Liminality Project
Game in Progress
Sorayume no Kaze: B x G
See Here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =16&t=8627

LVUER
King of Lolies

#113 Post by LVUER »

Hahaha... Japan do need us. It's a country that relies on export (just like South Korea). If there's no other country that buys from them, their economy is doomed! Not to mention their very limited natural resources.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#114 Post by Freelancer »

Hmm...I'm gonna have to say that one politician(Well, actually most of them, and the same can be said of any country) but this particular one...I don't remember his name but, he had said people who like anime (And gays, and the Chinese, and the Koreans) had "Damaged DNA".
I don't remember his name, but he (And his attitude) are what I hate about Japan.
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#115 Post by Robert Kirkland »

Freelancer wrote:Hmm...I'm gonna have to say that one politician(Well, actually most of them, and the same can be said of any country) but this particular one...I don't remember his name but, he had said people who like anime (And gays, and the Chinese, and the Koreans) had "Damaged DNA".
I don't remember his name, but he (And his attitude) are what I hate about Japan.
He obviously is, well... I'm not even going to try and say this nicely. He's stupid, racist, and homophobic (or perhaps Christian..).

And that's all.

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#116 Post by Freelancer »

I can't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure he just (Relative to when I got this information) passed a law that pertains to us. I don't remember all the details but...I think it was something like banning Lolita in anime and VNs.(The one thing I am clear on is that it was specified at VNs)
God, I wish I knew where that article was so I could remember all the details...Oh! I also remember that it was centered around Tokyo.(Perhaps more of the major cities, but I do remember talk about Tokyo)
I don't think it was banning lolita now that I think about it. I remember it being much more damaging to our whole culture.
Hmm...
(And yeah, I'd put money on him being Christian)
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

LVUER
King of Lolies

#117 Post by LVUER »

O yeah, that's a hot talk in MT forum too. It's just passed this December (though I don't know if it's pass the Diet or what). But anyway, it seems that the rule is to ban the minor to buy something like loli or hentai (or things like that).

I don't have too much info on this one, but I'll see what I can find.

DeviantArt Account

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#118 Post by Aleema »

You guys mean Bill 156? This bill seems ridiculously overblown. No hentai for minors. Which is probably not going to stop them anymore than it does where that's already true. It just doesn't make sense to CONDONE that, legally. In fact, it seems healthy and very normal to restrict it (where I'm from, anyway) and I'm surprised that it wasn't already.

I don't see that as damaging a culture. Probably the opposite?

LVUER
King of Lolies

#119 Post by LVUER »

Just like the bill that America issued, about forbidding minor from buying AO games. It will not prevent minor to buy them nor store to sell them to minors... but it's still there. At least it's a good excuse for those people who thought that games are made of EVIL!!!
Aleema wrote:I don't see that as damaging a culture. Probably the opposite?
You mean the bill that damaging culture, or the hentai?

DeviantArt Account

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#120 Post by Aleema »

Not sure the bill is because games or anime or manga is evil ... it's about letting parents have control over their kids during their development years.
LVUER wrote:You mean the bill that damaging culture, or the hentai?
The bill ... o_O Still, not sure anyone can justify lolicon tentacle rape as better for anything for any reason. Too bad the bill doesn't ban the creation of such material, just that it won't be in the Saturday morning cartoons. :roll: