Japanese live-action dramas?

For the rest of your otaku life.
Momorin

Re: Japanese live-action dramas?

#16 Post by Momorin »

wait wait wait! I might list many... if you don't mind???

-You're beautiful- a korean drama about a sister-in-training who suddenly has to disguise herself as a man and join a boy band
-Goong- about a commoner betrothed to Korea's prince who is in love with another girl
-If you are interested in gender benders how bout hana kimi taiwan or japanese ver. I preferred the japanese since the taiwan's ending is a crap.
-Great Teacher Onizuka is nice too. two thumbs up!
-Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge is also nice. It stands like a second season for the anime though....
-NANA. I really love the live action X3
Visit my blog
DevArt
[WIP] Autumn Tears

CandyStar
Regular
Projects: Unnamed Stalker vs Mystery Game! :D

#17 Post by CandyStar »

sayuri wrote:Don't get Nana 2, the cast changed from the first and they are not nearly as good. I got my dvd from Netflix (they have a lot of foreign films from Japan and Korea). Plus, most of the character development is in Nana 1 while Nana 2 is more like a cheezy soap opera (the drama was much better translated in the anime than the movie).
Ah, Netflix. I always forget it exists. :P I had no idea about them having foreign films. I guess my only experience with Netflix is from waaaaaay back in the day when you could only get a few mainstream movies. Meh. :P Thanks for the advice about Nana 2. ^_^ I will not waste my time. :P
try watching the "train -man" story centres on an otaku geeky itself
I HAVE seen this!!! @___@ I went on this weird "I want to watch Japanese movies" kick and that was the first one we watched. I actually own it. ^_^ It's adorable!

-Jesse
I'm working on my first visual novel! Boy stalks girl. Girl offers to date boy if boy solves puzzle. Game commences! Click here to encourage meee -> Hooray! Attention!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#18 Post by LVUER »

Momorin wrote: -You're beautiful- a korean drama about a sister-in-training who suddenly has to disguise herself as a man and join a boy band
Aaaahhh... this show is currently aired in my local TV station and I love it (it's one of the only few Korean dramas that I watched faithfully every episodes)... although here, I don't know why, the title is changed to "He's beautiful".
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Momorin

#19 Post by Momorin »

LVUER wrote:
Momorin wrote: -You're beautiful- a korean drama about a sister-in-training who suddenly has to disguise herself as a man and join a boy band
Aaaahhh... this show is currently aired in my local TV station and I love it (it's one of the only few Korean dramas that I watched faithfully every episodes)... although here, I don't know why, the title is changed to "He's beautiful".
Actually it would air soon in our local TV network too. But i've already watched it in cable(TBS network specifically)so I'm more used to referring it to You're beautiful. ^_^
Visit my blog
DevArt
[WIP] Autumn Tears

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#20 Post by Taleweaver »

Also, you cannot say dorama and forget to mention this guilty pleasure. It's an experience one should definitely not miss!
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

ashewalton

#21 Post by ashewalton »

chelxoxo wrote:If you're a romantic comedy gender-bender kind of person, you might want to check out 'The 1st Shop of Coffee Prince'. It's a Korean drama, and it's super cute. Yay for the "OMG AM I GAY?!?! Oh wait, it's a girl!" kind of stories :D
Agreed, Coffee Prince is my favourite dorama so far, by far! The character development was amazing, and no one does drama like these actors~