Characters who are more sympathetic than you expected

For the rest of your otaku life.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Characters who are more sympathetic than you expected

#1 Post by gekiganwing »

In this topic, fictional characters who you didn't think would be sympathetic, but which you ended up liking.

1. Morimura Sakuya from TMGS1. There were several moments in the game which made me think, "I kinda acted like that back in high school." I didn't think I'd be able to identify with the male cast of TMGS, but I felt sympathy for this character.

(Back when I was reading the translated Tenchi Muyo spinoff comics, I remember the editor mentioning how many female fans provided feedback. The editor seemed convinced that the girls who liked the series had admiration and respect for the fictional girls. Though they may have been interested in the comedy, or shipping...)

2. Yukino from Otomari Honey. Why did I think this BBW character from a harem comedy manga was fascinating? Because the reader knows most if not all of her thoughts. Since so much of the series includes her point of view, I considered her a genuinely compelling character.

I'll think up more eventually...

Topagae

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit a

#2 Post by Topagae »

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
Last edited by Topagae on Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

surelyyoujest
Projects: ???

Re: Characters who are more sympathetic than you expected

#3 Post by surelyyoujest »

Topagae wrote:[...] Irvine from Final Fantasy 8. [...]
I still remember when it finally clicked what really went down at the end of disc 1... totally an OH SNAP moment the first time I played the game. :lol:

Accelerator from To Aru Majutsu no Index. What a shithead, I thought at first. But that quickly washed away come the Last Order arc. :D (The whole thing was just precious, IMO.)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#4 Post by azureXtwilight »

Uh... UM...

Shinjiro Aragaki?

brofisto
Regular
Organization: The Neotable

#5 Post by brofisto »

Kotomi from Clannad.
I hated her in the visual novel because of the terrible, terrible pacing of it.
Then I watched the anime and she ended up as my favourite female heroine in Clannad.

How about that.
ImageImageImage