For the rest of your otaku life.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: Dragon Age

#46 Post by Aleema »

Chansel wrote:You... should’ve really put the last companion into spoilers T^T
Or at the very least give some heads up like, ‘spoilers ahead! warning warning!’
Wait? What was a spoiler? Oh, crap what did I spoil for you!? D: I was just speculating! Why is Anders himself a spoiler? OH, because you were personally sparing yourself? Hey ... That's not fair. >=[ You clicked this thread!!
As for the demon thing, pure speculation. I mean, his EYES are glowing. That screams something is wrong with him, and the most popular thing that's wrong with mages is those pesky demons. I didn't find Justice interesting, so I hope Anders isn't a full on Abomination to where we'd just be experiencing the demon. Uh, Justice wasn't a demon ... So a spirit.

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#47 Post by Chansel »

Ah ~ I’m sorry for lashing out at you like that. I didn’t mean to. Let me explain:

The past week or so I’ve been trying my hardest to avoid the bioware forum so that I wouldn’t get spoiled about the final companion. It was kinda like a mantra, really.
“Don’t check forums. Don’t check forums. Don’t check forums.”
And I was doing pretty good. So yay for me!

Then I saw the Dragon Age thread pop up in my new posts list here on Lemmasoft. And I was remembered that we were kinda speculating about the final companion. So I though, hell yeah! Let’s speculate away!
I’m sure that, unlike the bioware forums where everyone assumes it’s common knowledge, no one will spoil anything here-
ANDERS confirmed as final companion!!
*nervous eye twitch*

So, yeah. That’s basically what happened in a nutshell ^^ Also, I just woke up and was thus cranky. Which lead to me making a mean post... So, again, sorry about that T^T
It wasn’t your fault or nething, but I was just really trying to keep some small element of surprise when it came to companions ^^”

I guess I’ll just have to start a new mantra of ‘Don’t play demo. Don’t play demo. Don’t play demo.” to remain as unspoiled as I can from this point onwards ^^
Why is Anders himself a spoiler?
Because even though there’s been rumors and speculation amongst the fans, it’s never been confirmed he actually makes an appearance. Hence the spoiler when you confirmed it :P

And I didn’t mean for you to spoiler your speculations XD I meant to spoiler the ‘Anders comfirmed!’ part. Speculations are every man’s game, if you ask me :) But, truth be told, you were right to not put it in spoilers and it was fully my own fault.
I guess I just wanted someone to blame for my own stupidity in the morning >.<”

btw. I'm totally digging his new look. Somehow glowing eyes work for him O.o
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#48 Post by Aleema »

:( I'm sorry ... I've been putting up all the companions in the front page. I'm trying to be a good girl with spoilers, too. Because I do know way too much about it.

> I agree about the screencap of Anders ... it's very ... erm, sexy? Never saw Anders that way. But the glowering + beard + popped collar is like ... really pleasing to look at. ^^;

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#49 Post by sayuri »

DRAGON AGE 2 DEMO FEBRUARY 22! http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon- ... 884-1.html

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet. I'm super happy, of course. My only disappointment is that there will not be Character Creator in the demo :(. About Anders, I haven't finished Awakening yet. Still, this benefits my rogue love. Fenris (2h warrior) and Anders (support mage) will be my permanent companions, with me there to pick locks and shet, and then I'll put whoever in the last spot. I did not want to put in the healer and lose a fun companion, lol. This way I can have a sexy nurse! :D

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#50 Post by Aleema »

I agree 110%. I love Wynne. She's awesome. But I couldn't have a party without her. Well, I COULD, but the difficulty level shoots through the roof. I played one game where I didn't recruit her first and I was like "why the F am I dying alllll the time!?" I loved having Anders in my party all the time in Awakenings, so yay for sexy male healer. <3 So this is what it feels like to be a man in a man's world. It's pretty nice, I see why you guys keep it that way. ^^

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#51 Post by Aleema »

The live Q&A walkthrough for Dragon Age 2 is now up. He plays the female Hawke and we get to hear her talk!! We also see Isabella's intro. Don't watch if you're not interested in spoiling anything about it. There's no story spoilers, just basic gameplay.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#52 Post by Aleema »

Romances have been confirmed.
For the guys: Isabella, Merril
For the girls: Fenris, Anders

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#53 Post by Riviera »

On the romances:
Glad to see Anders there, although from the way things look, he's not much of anything like what he was. Basically, we still aren't getting the romance so many of us whined for. Lol. Oh well, can't always get what you want~
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

dstarsboy
Veteran

#54 Post by dstarsboy »

Craptacular. That means they pulled a ME2 and they're no longer supporting same sex romances. :(
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by Riviera »

To be fair, though, they are still supporting Liara's romance. They just didn't introduce any new ones. :)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#56 Post by Aleema »

dstarsboy wrote:Craptacular. That means they pulled a ME2 and they're no longer supporting same sex romances. :(
Not necessarily, they just haven't announced who is bisexual.

Chansel
Veteran
Projects: School's Out! -- A GxB or GxG VN/Dating Sim

#57 Post by Chansel »

There will be same sex ronances.
David Gaider confirmed this himself :) It just hasn't been confirmed yet whith what characters. My bets are on Isabella (because she slept with everyone in DAO) and Fenris (because I don't remember Anders saying anything about men). However, they've done the male, bi elf before. So it could also be Anders.
Either way, there will be same sex romance possibilities :)
Image ~ A GxB or GxG Visual Novel/Dating Sim

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#58 Post by sayuri »

@Chansel
It's true they've done the bi elf, but Zevran wasn't a really serious character. Well, neither was Alistair, but you get what I mean. Zevran was a bit of a flamer. Maybe having a 'deeper' bi option would be a good idea. Not to discredit Anders.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#59 Post by Aleema »

The DA2 demo will be downloadable today!
For PC – February 22 at 9am PST
For Xbox 360 Gold Live accounts– February 22 between midnight and 2am PST
For Xbox 360 Silver Live accounts - March 1 between midnight and 2am PST
For Playstation 3 users in North America – February 22 between 4pm and 8pm PST
For Playstation 3 users outside North America - February 23 between 4pm and 8pm GMT

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by Riviera »

sayuri wrote:@Chansel
It's true they've done the bi elf, but Zevran wasn't a really serious character. Well, neither was Alistair, but you get what I mean. Zevran was a bit of a flamer. Maybe having a 'deeper' bi option would be a good idea. Not to discredit Anders.
I guess it depends on how deep you dig.

Zev has some genuinely touching scenes, especially later in the game. So does Alistair. :D