Do you play as same or opposite gender?

For the rest of your otaku life.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Do you play as same or opposite gender?

#61 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Depends.
But I strictly play as a female. ^^;

But if BL is an available choice, I'll gladly stuff away the female and go with the male character >:3 *fujoshi mode le activates*
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#62 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

My preference is to play females, but I normally play males because it's embarrassing trying to explain it to my friends, :lol:
(imaguy)
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

Zatch
Regular
Projects: Omega(Current), Dragon Souls, Cheer on!

#63 Post by Zatch »

I play as a female also when I have a choice. xD It mostly because of the games I play has male protagonist so it kinda of get stale.. :lol:

Niki
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#64 Post by Niki »

It all depends on the male/female character design. Usually I play as a male, since I guess I'm attracted to males? Like in Granado Espada I filled my party with 3 dudes for some good eye candy. |D But if the female character designs are better I go for the girl -- like in Pokemon, I feel the male protagonist always looks way too generic so I play the female :9
Image (devblog) || tumblr

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#65 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Silvere wrote:Edit: And just so that you know: Never trust a female avatar player that "she" is a girl - Just don't do it. If you know "her" better, "she" will tell you so or so.

Lololol, i always tell people that I'm a girl if they refer to me as "he" AND THEY NEVER BELIEVE ME!! XDDD

Anyway, I pretty much ALWAYS play as a girl, as it makes it easier for me to live into the story/setting. For me, I mostly like playing games that I can experience another world in, imagining mysef in another world, and since 'myself' is a girl, I like to be A GIRL! XD
Last edited by MomoiroGirl on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

kasunh

#66 Post by kasunh »

I always play as a guy because its impossible for me to get "into" the mindset of a girl!

Keilis
Regular

#67 Post by Keilis »

Male. Because I like looking at men more than women. If romance was a big part of the game, I'd choose female.

Mareina

#68 Post by Mareina »

usually a girl (unless it's an MMO with cute dudes)

tuna_sushi
Veteran
Projects: BloomingBlossoms

#69 Post by tuna_sushi »

I'd choose to be a male protagonist in a VN because...
i dunno why, but usually it's more dramatic
and more crying :twisted:

but I'm a girl :p

blueeyes1345
Regular
Projects: Short School Dating Sims Game
Organization: Emyth Zandra

#70 Post by blueeyes1345 »

I always choose the male character. I dunno it feel more like i am able to act like myself unlike the female characters.
But if the characters are gender lock or the game lead is a female character then so be it.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#71 Post by Blane Doyle »

I usually play as female characters, since (unless it is something where gender doesn't matter, like Skyrim) female characters in games like that are harder to come by (but less so these days).

Unless each gender has drastically different stories, then I do both.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#72 Post by Obscura »

I'm female and I like to play male, and then pray there is a b/b storyline. (And of course there usually isn't.) :roll:

My husband does exactly the opposite.
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

applegirl
Veteran

#73 Post by applegirl »

I have always preferred BxG VNs over GxB, so I usually like reading through the male character. But immersion for me is completely separate from VNs, I usually see it as being a case where I enjoy the stories more in BxG VNs (so far). That's been the case for quite a few years, so I can't really imagine that changing. Of course, if you ask between jp VNs and OLEVNs, it is completely different for me. Often I've read strictly BxG jp VNs and trended towards GxB OLEVNs (probably because I feel like I get a good even balance between the two).

Mink
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Say You Love Me (Short Version), C!P (NaNo12), Lady Misfortune, NatH, W/K, MtF, SMQ, TBM, TMHK, LoC, MMDG
Projects: Stuff
Organization: Metal Orphans

#74 Post by Mink »

Depends; whose design looks better? Though in Phantasy Star Portable, I purposely designed my character to look like me, because I think it's funny/awesome to watch a 4-5 ft. woman take down 30+ foot tall monsters using weapons that are bigger than she is. Also, she's a Beast because the humans are boring to me. >x> I even deepened her voice, so she even sounds sort of similar to me. 8D

Actually, same thing in Wakfu; though the characters are all chibi-ish to begin with, I made mine resemble me, for funsies.
"I will send a fully armed battalion to remind you of my love."

***Say You Love Me***Human Enough***Cheerful!Polymorph [NaNo12][Complete!]***
"Couldn't you stop this?"
"Probably, but I don't want to."

*Website, yo*

Androol
Regular
Projects: IW421 Games: Search of a sister

#75 Post by Androol »

Both.
In game where you see the protagonist i usualy play female, in mmo generaly i make both a male and a female character, in rpg it depend on my mood, in adult game i generaly play male.