For the rest of your otaku life.
Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Snowflower's Otome Game Life

#1 Post by Snowflower »

Sooo... I'm a huge otome game/VN fan. I thought the easiest way to find new games to play would be on here.

&& it would be absolutely fabulous if you guys can suggest any (free is nice, but commercial is okay to as long as it's not that expensive) games. Oh, and I have a Mac, which means I'm very limited in game choices.

Games I've played already:

Yo Jin Bo
Frozen Essence
All released Fantasia
Love Blossom Extended
Re-Alistair++
Date Warp
Spirited Heart
Xmas 1 & 2
Finding a Prom Date
A Summer Story
Text

Currently Playing:
[Shall We Date? Heian Love ]
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Miss-Mae
Regular
Projects: Waiting on Love
Organization: Kinki Skiddles Productions

Re: Snowflower's Otome Game Life

#2 Post by Miss-Mae »

I wish I could be of some big help here, since I'm a huge otome fan as well.. But part of the reason I'm making an otome game of my own is because of the disappointingly small amount of them that are ever translated. ><;;; I could rant about this, but I'll spare you.

Tokimeki Memorial GS was recently translated, if you haven't tried it yet. It's a REALLY awesome game! <3
Also, Starry Sky in Spring was recently given a translation, although I haven't had a chance to play it yet.
Other than that, the few Harvest Moon games where you can play as a girl are always good...

Seriously, there is such a huge lack of translations for girls, it ticks me off. :\ If you wanted to play a similar game for guys, I could name a ton that are translated. *sigh*
Come visit me, if you like, at: http://www.miss-mae.deviantart.com / http://www.kinki-skiddles-games.deviantart.com <3 or on my NEW game making blog, which you can find here: http://kinki-skiddles.tumblr.com/ <3

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3 Post by SilverxBlue »

Sorry I could only name a few since you've played almost all the otome games I know.

I agree with Miss-Mae on Tokimeki Memorial it's a must play for otome game lovers Harvest Moon is also good and I think avalon code is worth playing as well. Sorry, I'm recommending NDS games... If you don't have an NDS you could always try downloading an emulator.
Fatal hearts is also good though some people find it's puzzles frustrating. you could also try the flash games made by pacthesis. There is also another flash game named Other Age made by Zeiva it's actually a hilarious otome game but, with very hard mini games.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

namakemono-chan

#4 Post by namakemono-chan »

I'm a huge otome fan too but sorry, I'm more on the commercial games. I think the most expensive otome games were games like Harutoki by KOEI( around ¥10,000 and its not even a limited edition).
*Take note they are japanese games*

PSP
Hiiro no kakera 1,2,3,4
(the newly released last mar. 17) Hanaoni
Starry sky series
heart no kuni no alice
ren'ai banchou
wand of fortune
hakuoui series
P3P
Vitamin X, X Plus, Z, X and Z
Storm Lover
Lucian Bees: Resurrection Supernova, Justice Yellow, Evil Violet
Otometeki koi kakumei love revo
Real Rode
Uta no Prince sama series
(some more I can't remember the titles)

DS:
Tokimeki Memorial GS 1,2,3
Duel Love
Hoshizora no comic garden
(sorry dunno much about ds games)
my blog:Otome Science

Forgive the bad English, English is not my first language nor second; It's currently my 3rd language.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#5 Post by Snowflower »

I do have a NDS so that won't be a problem.

The problem is... where am I suppose to get the games?
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

kamiruxkamiru
Regular
Projects: Mafia's Queen

#6 Post by kamiruxkamiru »

it's either you buy it(play-asia, himeya, amazon etc.) or you pirate it. >_>

Once upon a time, there is this game called vampire knight ds. A must play for the fans(if you are a fan, which is yes as i just saw you on the other thread).

hakuouki- main game and yuugiroku seemed to have been released in ds now(i played the ps2 and psp ver.), zuisoroku will also be released(or already released) about this year. Requires fluent understanding of japanese because of tints of japanese history particularly around the shinsegumi/bakumatsu era.

Avalon code DS- play as Tia and collect the missing pages of the book of prophecy while winning the heart of the guys or the spirits(mainly RPG and released in Japan later in US and EU too).

Otometeki koi kakumei love revo Ds- not voiced, small sprites, i really recommend the psp ver. but anyways.... unless you dunno what to do, there is a walkthrough in gamefaqs since its the most difficult when it isn't voiced and its japanese >_>. 'bout a girl about 100kg who started to strive for diet after completely receiving shock through the comments of her new housemates in their mansion. Lots of bishies to choose around.

other age(by ZEIVA)- this a free awesome flash game which you can probably find on the net easily or much more precise in devart. Fun but quite difficult>_>

I hope you can find the game you want. have fun playing!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#7 Post by Snowflower »

Vampire Knight!!!! I am obsessed with it! However, I am not sure if I will be willing to fork over $100+ for the game .... hmmm...

hakuouki sounded interesting, but unfortunately, I am not a fluent speaker... I only know minor things.

Avalon Code seems reasonable enough

Otometeki koi kakumei love revo looks absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! it's out of print in play asia!!!!!! gasp :cry: :shock:

Other Age !!! i was obsessed with the game when i first found it! have you seen the Other Age Second Encounter? I have yet to buy the full game. I hope it's as good as the first.

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#8 Post by EternalDream »

There's another game recently released that's made by the people who made Other Age. It's called X Note, I really love the art and music in it. Here's the demo. :D Played it and it's really awesome~ I would buy it if I wasn't so broke ;_;

kamiruxkamiru
Regular

#9 Post by kamiruxkamiru »

@snowflower:
Vampire knight was over $100+!!? I mean, i bought it 3 years ago... the price should have toned down(i bought it here in our local store and it was the special edition too! what's goin' on?)

too bad 'bout the love revo. I didn't know cuz I only checked the psp and pc released before(never take a glimpse on the ds ver. since its not voiced--->hard core voice actor fan here).

haven't played the 2nd encounter cuz seems like the proto. is a guy(do correct me if i'm wrong).

and also, forgot to mention that yuugiroku is some sort of fandisk full of minigames(and chibi-fied versions of the characters). I think you'll be
able to play it even with minor japanese skills.

i just remembered that princess debut(has an english ver) is also an otome game in ds. Seems like yo-jin-bo but revolves around princes, flowers and dances. Pretty much fun too, for more info. search the web(horrible in summarizing).

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#10 Post by Snowflower »

@Eternal Dream:

I just checked it out. I bookmarked it to come back later.

@kamiruxkamiru:

WAHHH?! Where is this store you bought the game from? I looked it up online and no matter how many times I search, within different period of time, they're $100+ (and the lowest within is just a USED one too!)

I know!! I really want to play love revo :((

& yes, the OASE is indeed guy MC... Which doesn't bother me that much... But I still prefer girl MCs.

yuugiroku? I will check it out.

I've heard a lot of people mentioning the Princess debut, but I have not played it so far. I might go on a hunt for the game soon :3

RayRayTea
Regular
Projects: The Stolen Diamond Ring (a mystery VN)

#11 Post by RayRayTea »

EternalDream wrote:There's another game recently released that's made by the people who made Other Age. It's called X Note, I really love the art and music in it. Here's the demo. :D Played it and it's really awesome~ I would buy it if I wasn't so broke ;_;
I played it a few days ago, it's really nice. The protagonist girl (Essi) is a bit darkish but cute.
nekomura games
Princess Battles, a card-based stat raising sim

kamiruxkamiru
Regular

#12 Post by kamiruxkamiru »

@snowflower:

well, i live here in japan and i bought it in yamada(ヤマダ). Wait, i think i bought it in GEO. i don't remember where have i bought it but i don't think they sold it anymore though >_> it was 2 years ago afterall.

btw, i was finally able to refresh my mind and remembered my precious played ds games::: xD

-Dear girls stories hibiki: hibiki tokkun daisakusen!- a game about the popular radio show of Kamiya hiroshi and daisuke ono, Dear girl's stories. you play as a girl who was kicked out on the first day of her part time job and hiro C and ono D came to your rescue to help you find what your real dream and aim in life is.

-kimi ni todoke sodateru omoi(and soon is tsutaeru kimochi)- based on popular manga ''kimi ni todoke'' play as kuronuma sawako aka sadako and guide her to become a more cheerful and friendly girl like any others like her idol, kazehaya.

-Tennis no ouji-sama: gakuensai no ouji-sama-more sweet edition- - become a member of the committee that helps in the preparations for the festival and become more close to the tenipuri casts.(it seems that they will release the dokidoki survival soon this year too)

-Summon night- i only played the tears x crown because i love fukujun's voice. it's mostly an rpg game where you can choose to play as a guy or as a girl.

-Signal -i don't really recommend it, but, if you fan of voice actors like morikubou shoutarou, hikaru midorikawa, and akira ishida--you can play it for that sole reason(it really depends but for me, beside the voice actors, i never really liked this.)

-hana yori dango -i love this game since i can go for hanazawa rui. i played it long time ago and can't remember the concept much 'cept that makino tsukushi isn't the heroine here.

(that's some more of games i've played for ds--> though if you're looking for vns only, i really recommend ace attorney<--out of topic)

btw, last march 24, otomate released gakuen hetalia. Obviously based on APH and about seychelles, a recently transferred student who gets committed to join the committee that organizes a party. It's for psp though.

^_^

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#13 Post by Snowflower »

AHHH, that's probably why I can't find a good price for Vampire Knight.
Since it's only in Japanese, US must likely would not import it... :((((( well, they won't translate

Anyway, thank you so much for more suggestions :)

kamiruxkamiru
Regular

#14 Post by kamiruxkamiru »

@snowflower:

no biggie! It's my pleasure to share the otome games i've played to fellow otome gamers. xD

hope you can find what you like to play and hope you enjoy playing them! ^_^