Currently Airing Anime

For the rest of your otaku life.
konaa
Regular

Currently Airing Anime

#1 Post by konaa »

I didn't see a post about this for a while. I figure people might like a place to rant about and discuss the most recent episode of X.

kamiruxkamiru
Regular
Projects: Mafia's Queen

Re: Currently Airing Anime

#2 Post by kamiruxkamiru »

i dunno but, are you trying to ask about if there were currently new animes airing around? or are you trying to ask about the recent episode of X? Cause the thread's title and your post are totally unrelated in my point of view.

konaa
Regular

#3 Post by konaa »

I'm not really asking about anything. I just figured that people might like to come here and talk about whatever anime episode they've just watched, generally if a bunch of other people have just watched it, we could get a discussion going.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Surely you don't wish this forum to be flooded with Madoka spam, would you...8D

But if you would like~

Well, actually, I want to see the end of it now. And get on with my life.
deviantART
---------------------

Hollow Gourd
Regular
Projects: Gatemaster!

#5 Post by Hollow Gourd »

kamiruxkamiru wrote:i dunno but, are you trying to ask about if there were currently new animes airing around? or are you trying to ask about the recent episode of X? Cause the thread's title and your post are totally unrelated in my point of view.
It seems to me that the thread creator is offering up a place for people to discuss anime that is still ongoing, new or old. In particular, discussion of the latest episode of whichever series those who reply are following was encouraged.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#6 Post by sake-bento »

Well, here's a little bit of discussion:

This season, I've found (so far) three series based on visual novels.

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
http://www.crunchyroll.com/a-bridge-to- ... karu-hashi
Some boy moved to the countryside and meets some chicks. Woo.

Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai
http://www.crunchyroll.com/we-without-w ... asa-wa-nai
A bunch of vaguely unrelated romance stories with girls in really frilly dresses.

STEINS;GATE
http://www.crunchyroll.com/steinsgate
By the same people who brought you Chaos;Head. Something about time travel. It doesn't make any sense, but it's not supposed to.

From the reviews I've read so far, I see a whole lot of eye-rolling and "ANOTHER visual novel adaptation?" comments, especially for the first two. Seems like we still have a ways to go before we can escape the stereotype of all visual novels being H games with lousy plots. Has anyone actually watched these yet? I haven't had the time, but I am curious.

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#7 Post by Silvere »

Steins;Gate as said above

Hana-Saku Iroha
Nice Slice-of-Life :3 At least in my Opinion.. It´s about a girl leaving her city as her mom fled from her(hoho) and now she´s working at an inn. Kinda like it, so give it a try! :D

Maria Holic Alive
If ya liked Maria Holic... Well :P (Lesbian Girl at a catholic all girls school, trying to find her great love - But get´s discovered as lesb. by a coss-dressing boy there) Funny at hell in my opinion :D

Tiger & Bunny
I somehow like it although it´s clearly sponsered. :O (Pepsi advertisement as part of the anime.. xD) It´s about some advertising Super Heroes in a City on a TV-Show *g*

Hen Zemi TV
Some.. crazy comedy shit. <.<

30-sai no Hoken Taiiku
30 year old virgin + Sexgod. Comedy :3

A channel
Moe... :3 Moe!

That are the ones I found interesting so far, although I don´t have seen all so far.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#8 Post by MaiMai »

sake-bento wrote:Well, here's a little bit of discussion:

STEINS;GATE
By the same people who brought you Chaos;Head. Something about time travel. It doesn't make any sense, but it's not supposed to.

From the reviews I've read so far, I see a whole lot of eye-rolling and "ANOTHER visual novel adaptation?" comments, especially for the first two. Seems like we still have a ways to go before we can escape the stereotype of all visual novels being H games with lousy plots. Has anyone actually watched these yet? I haven't had the time, but I am curious.
A friend and I are watching STEINS;GATE with each other every time a new episode airs. Well, only two episodes right now, but we're both highly intrigued by the plot and characters and we'll continue to finish it to the end I'm sure. The main character is hilarious, but everyone else that's been introduced so far are interesting too. The time travel concepts SORT of make sense (not really) it's hard to keep track of though.

Seeing how this IS derived from Nitro+, the plots for their VNs/anime adoptions are usually never as simple as "boy and his harem." Anyone who's watched/played Chaos;Head would realize this :). Lots of sci-fi babble, mind-tripping, violence, and confusion is what you're sure to get. As for romance? Well, there's implication, but you won't get anything outright. Or maybe you WOULD get romance, but it would contain nightmare fuel like Sweet Pool (gory yaoi VN) or Saya no Uta (do I even need to explain.) Both of these works are from Nitro+.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Suikama
Regular
Completed: Down on the Corner
Projects: Stories of an Eastern Paradise

#9 Post by Suikama »

It's not so much Nitro+ as it is Gen Urobuchi; the main writer for Nitro plus (and Madoka Magica)

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#10 Post by MaiMai »

Oh yeah, I heard about that, the writer for Madoka I mean-- Regardless, Nitro+ seems to find/hire people like Urobuchi to make very unique VNs that aren't all moemoe all the time and that's why I like their work.

Still haven't watched Madoka yet, oops.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#11 Post by teacup »

sake-bento wrote:Well, here's a little bit of discussion:

Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
http://www.crunchyroll.com/a-bridge-to- ... karu-hashi
Some boy moved to the countryside and meets some chicks. Woo.

A bunch of vaguely unrelated romance stories with girls in really frilly dresses.
Having an older brother who is really into VNs, I recognized these two right off the bat XD
Hoshikaka actually IS quite generic (and this is going off of the game, not the anime) so I think the eye-rolling for this one is appropriate. ^^; However...
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai seems generic at a first glance, but the "unrelated stories" are actually connected in a really interesting way. :D It's too much ecchi for me personally but I hope that people give this a chance just because of the plot twist.

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by lepapillonrouge »

I watched Oretachi. I was sort of turned off by the fanservice, but I can't help but feel it might actually be good. And it's much more, er, grown-up than most things I watch.

Other than that, I'm watching Madoka (last two episodes are coming this week!) and The World God Only Knows Season 2. <- Love this. Mostly because Keima is awesome. XD
deviantART
---------------------

Shuuto
Projects: Love Mode Gone

#13 Post by Shuuto »

The World God Only Knows is great! The first season was funny, and the second season looks like it might be even better. I can't wait for them to introduce some of the new characters.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Riviera »

sake-bento wrote:

STEINS;GATE
These two sound promising. Chaos;Head is a VN I'm trying very much to get my BF, who usually isn't a VN player, to play because both of us like that kind of psychological horror. I heard Steins;Gate is similar, but I haven't gotten to try it yet.

I'm also frantically trying to grab the Starry Sky anime wherever I can find it. It's been interesting, how we get to see each of the guy's backgrounds and viewpoints.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#15 Post by LVUER »

Anyone watching Infinite Stratos? Another big boobs and high-school harem situation, but what makes this anime unique is the mecha (or power suit, to be exact) battle >_< This anime is awesome (for me, at least). And the protagonist is a bit unique/original... for a harem manga, that is... he is clearly not Urashima Keitaro or his clone incarnation.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW