Karen and the Bodypillow [FREE][COMEDY][SURREAL]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Aracade
Regular
Completed: A Monster's Insight, LUNACY, Gulam
Github: arkicade
itch: arkicade

Karen and the Bodypillow [FREE][COMEDY][SURREAL]

#1 Post by Aracade »

"Denmark is a prison to Hamlet, but this small town is a whole other hell of its own.
At least for someone like me, living in a place that loves body pillows..."

Karen would consider her life fairly standard. There's just one thing. Her brother, Dennith, is a star prodigy. His talent? Making body pillows! From their first design up tothe final stages of manufacturing, Dennith has mastered the craft of creating body pillows...and Karen couldn't be more embarrassed about it.

Now she lives in a place where everyone is just as weird as her older brother. The humiliation, the dread, the awkward conversations or screaming fangirls...it's about high time that it ends.

In 2 days, Dennith will be exhibiting his most recent design at the biggest anime convention in the world: WeeCon. The summer is almost over, the troubles keep escalating and Dennith seems to be completely incompetent about his finances.
So this time, for once in her life, Karen decides to take action...

KAREN
"Just who are you talking to? And what are you talking about? Nobody's getting married!"

The seemingly only "normal" person who lives here. She hates helping Dennith work on body pillows...but hey, at least it pays the bills.

DENNITH
"Our collective fortune shall be so grand that even the Duke of Naples is thrown into fits of jealousy!"

The eccentric (and unexpectedly old-fashioned) older brother of Karenina. He makes body pillows for a living...but does he even like anime?

??????????????

??????????????

??????????????

??????????????

• 22 different endings!
  • Unlockable achievements to reward multiple playthroughs
  • 1 to 2 hours of gameplay
  • Comedy/surreal story with meaningful choices
  • "Minigames" that involve interactivity outside of reading text all the time!
  • An OST of more than 10 tracks!
  • Some genre-changing moments
  • Overall just a love/hate letter to weaboo culture????

lepeachdebob
Writing and Music

Aracade
Programming and Art

LCPianoman
More Music

Follow the game's progress!
https://twitter.com/GoblinGames6
https://goblingamedev.tumblr.com/

Most importantly, we'd love to hear from you :)
  • What do you think of the story/premise?
  • Is the inclusion of "minigames" a pro or a con to a visual novel?
  • How would you like to be rewarded for completing more endings?
  • And finally...can I talk to your manager? I can't find tools for my underwater basket weaving kit.

Also the reason you're seeing double is that we realised that this game would be better suited to be showcased in the short, non-commercial games forum.