The Slushball Slasher [Winter VN Jam 2022]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Fuseblower
Regular
Projects: Mall Macabre, Slushball Slasher, Doomed Diner, Tenkeiteki Tokyo
itch: fuseblower

The Slushball Slasher [Winter VN Jam 2022]

#1 Post by Fuseblower »

Just a little heads up. I've entered itch.io's Winter Visual Novel Jam 2022. The graphics are nearly done (just need to clean up the sprites a bit and make a title screen) and the game is pretty much sure to come out this December month.

The visual novel "The Slushball Slasher" is a mystery in the vein of the Sherlock Holmes stories. Someone is pelting the innocent children with slushballs (that's a wet snowball). It's up to little Connie Doyle and her sidekick Jane (that's you, the player) to find out who the perpetrator behind these hideous crimes is.

TinaSlushball.jpg

Look! It's little Tina Giallo! Due to popular demand (meaning 1 person other than myself) I've included child versions of the heroines of The Doomed Diner (Tina, Sue and Mary).

Who could bear to see this sweet, helpless, little girl pelted with slushballs? Make sure to catch the slushball slinging scoundrel before she falls victim to his (or her) evil schemes. On the other hand... perhaps it is little Tina who is the perpetrator...

Fuseblower
Regular

Re: The Slushball Slasher [Winter VN Jam 2022]

#2 Post by Fuseblower »

Waddayaknow?

I actually finished the bloody thing! And on time as well with even 1 day left. Joy to the World! Now I can die in peace :lol:

Here is the link to the Slushball Slasher.

10K words and 8 endings, for maximum enjoyment and prevention of suicidal tendencies : turn music volume all the way down :wink:

It's no Doomed Diner but it only took about a month to make, 50 sprites, 10 BGs and a bit of "music" (any semblance of a musical aptitude is down to the heavy use of stomp boxes)

SlushedScreenie1.jpg

Fuseblower
Regular

Re: The Slushball Slasher [Winter VN Jam 2022]

#3 Post by Fuseblower »

Just a little update. The Slushball Slasher is now also playable in the browser (RenPy 8.1) right here.

Everything seems to be working normally. I guess that means I don't have to learn JavaScript after all :lol:

Watch this space. Tina will return soon in a new adventure.

TinaPeeking.png
TinaPeeking.png (85.64 KiB) Viewed 1218 times