Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, horror] Short ver.!

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Adriana72
Completed: The final day of Spring (KN), Thank you for the flowers (Comic)
Projects: Hindeus Mansion (VN with point-and-click elements)
Deviantart: chihir-chan
itch: chihirchan

Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, horror] Short ver.!

#1 Post by Adriana72 »

Edit: So, in case anyone found this and wanted to try the short version, I'm sorry, I erased it because I wasn't confortable enough with it for people to play it. Thank you for your interest though! I think the full game will be finished in 2018. I look foward to improve it and finally show you guys the full story ^^
The "short version" of this game, featuring Shadow's end is finally avaliable!
I would really apreciate any opinion about the result to improve the game for its full version!

The art, writing, music... everything is final unless I consider I can improve them for that full version. That's why I want to hear your thoughts about it ^^
Also, if you can find typos I would be grateful, since english isn't my first languaje.

I think this game is too fast-paced, so you probably should take your time to read it to understand it fully ^^'

WARNING: This VN features horror elements and sensitive topics like suicide and madness.
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dv8cv ... .0-all.zip

Statistics:

The game contains 2,001 dialogue blocks, containing 14,568 words and 77,116
characters, for an average of 7.3 words and 39 characters per block.
The game contains 6 menus, 112 images, and 14 screens.

Story
In a dark bedroom, a boy is crying. He is sitting in his bed, sobbing with his eyes tightly closed while hugging a pillow. Hiding in the shadows, Blood glance him. His only desire is the happiness of the child, who seems rather upset by his prence. There are more mysterious beings like Blood living in the house and they share the same wish.
But when the exhausted boy fall asleep, everything starts to change...

Characters
And some other ones...
Screenshots:

Author's note:

Hi everyone~
- First of all, I'm a newbie at VN making. This is my first game!
- Second... As I said, english isn't my first languaje. But I'll try my best to write something decent!
- I'll translate this to spanish in the future!
- It features some classical pieces and some other free to use music, from these websites: http://www.freestockmusic.com/ and https://musopen.org/music/
- Backgrounds are images made by the sims to save time.
- Writing, sprites, gui, CGs... Well, everything else was done by me.
- You can follow me on twitter if you are interested on this game's development.
- I hope you enjoy the game!
Last edited by Adriana72 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

Re: Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, drama, slight romance]

#2 Post by Laiska »

Gorgeous interface! I didn't even notice the backgrounds were Sims objects until I saw the note about it. The design for Jokes is very cute too.

Looking forward to this!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#3 Post by AsHLeX »

This looks interesting! Will be keeping my eye out for it!

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#4 Post by Alera »

I really like the look of this! The aesthetic is really nice and the characters look interesting~ I wonder where the story will lead!

I remember for my first project I used Sims for my backgrounds as well! I even tried to record some weird camera panning and things like that. That was like...five years ago-wow. I never released the project but I would have probably changed the backgrounds if I was to, but only because of legal reasons. EA probably wouldn't be too happy to find their things in another game, even if it's a non-commercial one. ^^;; That's details though~ It's a good idea and it looks nice combined with the GUI frame and the sprites you've got!
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Adriana72

#5 Post by Adriana72 »

Laiska - I'm glad you liked the interface :'D ~ oh that's good, I was afraid it wouldn't suit my drawings <.<'
Thank you ^^ I hope you'll like the game in the future :3
AsHLeX - Weee, thank you :D
Alera - Thank you >w< it's great that you found it interesting! Ah, I thought that too but since there are so many films and series made with the Sims, I don't believe this is a bad thing if I give credits.

I didn't want to coment before having something new to show you.
Red Scythe
---With annoyed face (Why not?)
And a fragment of his CG~
(Is not much, I know xDu)
Thanks for your coments!

Edit:
Today I would like to show you the main menu's image~
Yes, I like stars.
Problem? XDu

soloflareinteractive

#6 Post by soloflareinteractive »

Absolutely beautiful.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#7 Post by AsHLeX »

So pretty. I love the starry effect >w<
New demo out 24/12/23!!

csky
Regular
Completed: Perceptions of the Dead, Embers of Magic
Projects: Various Commissioned Artwork

#8 Post by csky »

This is looking really nice and clean.

I was thinking the bed looked a bit like sims, but even so, its a really smart idea and it was really well done, even someone like me who played sims excessively when I was a kid, it didn't just out as obvious until a second take. I often use sims to help me lay out my rooms as well, but I never thought about using the actual objects. That's quite smart.

The effects give it a magical feeling that blends the scenes well together.

Using classical music can work well, but make sure the recordings you use are in the creative commons or free use ect. Even thought the composer was long dead, the performers who recorded it are probably still alive and retaining ownership. (I'm sure there are plenty of recordings out there which allow use)
I don't know if you'd like suggestions, but some music I think would suit your story is some impressionism such as Debussy's Rêverie.

Adriana72

#9 Post by Adriana72 »

I have been travelling 5 days, so I couldn't answer but finally I'm here again :D
I would like to show you other progress made before the trip but being this a short game I should avoid any spoiler~
soloflareinteractive - Thank you! >w<
AsHLeX - Weee that's nice! Thank you :3
csky - Actually it was an idea I found in this forum. I thought it would be really great because I always take a lot of time to draw backgrounds and using the sims would allow me to make customized ones fast and easily... which was appropiated for a short game. The music I'm downloading is from http://www.freestockmusic.com/ or https://musopen.org/music/ (royalty free music)
That sound nice :D actually I have one Debussy track, Clair de Lune, and I like it so much! I'll surely add more music by him.
Thank you very much for your coment n_n

Adriana72

#10 Post by Adriana72 »

Guys I have bad news T-T it's impossible for me to finish the game in the time I had planned. Why? Well, right now I'm travelling again but since this time we are using a camping car I brought my computer to finish the game here.
But something started to happen to my computer. It randomly stoped working and I had to turn it of and on again. I wanted to finish the game so I continued working on it anyway. But yesterday night it stoped again and when I turned it on and opened the script... well, there wasn't any script. In the file only appeared:"Nul Nul Nul Nul" repeating in one line.
So I haven't script anymore and my computer isn't even safe. I will bring it to an expert when I arrive home, I hope he will be able to recover the script but now I have to make you wait orz I'm sorry T.T

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#11 Post by Reikun »

Aw D: Hope you're able to salvage something when you take your computer in. No need to be apologizing though, these things happen. Did you have an older version backed up somewhere (cloud/flashdrive/etc) at all? If not yet, I'd suggest backing up the rest of your game files (images/notes) in case something else happens to your computer. You can use a service like dropbox, or even just upload your stuff to google drive.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Adriana72

#12 Post by Adriana72 »

No, I haven't got any older version and I didn't make any copy or anything similar because it has never happened to me before and it was a game I planned to finish in 2 moths... what could happen in only 2 moths? I definitely didn't expect this...
For now I won't even turn my computer on, since that incident I didn't (Now I'm using my mobile) I don't know if it's a virus or some problem with the disc (that disc that has the computer data, I'm not sure of what's the word in english) but I don't want to do something wrong >_<'
When the problem is solved I will definitely do that, not only with this game but with all my projects. I don't want something like this to occur ever again u.u

epistellar
Projects: High Elo Girls
Organization: Split Fat
Tumblr: epistellar.net
Soundcloud: epistellar
itch: epistellar

#13 Post by epistellar »

Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your computer. I'd be devastated if that happened to me, but just wanted to say that your work on this project was really lovely! I especially loved Jokes's nose. Hope you have better luck with your future projects! I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more work from you.

Adriana72

#14 Post by Adriana72 »

It all turned out well in the end!! :''D They gave me an older version of the script, however if there is something that I wrote that isn't in this version it must be some minor editing... So I have my script back! Gosh, I'm happy TwT I missed working on this...
If you're curious, this is what the original file looked like -_-'
captura.jpg
So yeah... I will never use my computer in a car or whatever again orz
Edit to tell you some news~!!
I have failed at making this short orz I'm about to finish the first "minor" path and (counting some writting of the other paths too) my word count is 8,423... My game should not be in the short game forum anymore u.u' (Idk if it's ok or I should ask someone to move it to normal wip?)
Anyways I have been thinking that I could post the first minor path here, so if you want to try it and tell me your opinion and some advice... n-n'

LivePlayLove

#15 Post by LivePlayLove »

The art style looks so nice!! I can't wait to see how this works out. :) I'd play a shorter version if you want some tips and comments.