Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, horror] Short ver.!

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Adriana72
Completed: The final day of Spring (KN), Thank you for the flowers (Comic)
Projects: Hindeus Mansion (VN with point-and-click elements)
Deviantart: chihir-chan
itch: chihirchan

Re: Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, drama, slight horror]

#16 Post by Adriana72 »

Edit: So, in case anyone found this and wanted to try the short version, I'm sorry, I erased it because I wasn't confortable enough with it for people to play it. Thank you for your interest though! I think the full game will be finished in 2018. I look foward to improve it and finally show you guys the full story ^^

I'm happy this keeps being seen (Is that sentence even correct? Is this? Uh, I dunno, my head hurts a bit xDu)
Actually I'm soo frustrated I haven't completed this by now!! Is not like school has let me do it though, I'm on high school last year and I want to get good grades so... Uh, actually I should be studying right now (Like, seriously.)
Hopefully I'll get some work done this christmas and end up the first path... I hope so... huh...
I'm sorry for being so damn slow x_x thanks for ur comment <3

EDIT: Just in case someone doubts it, yeah, I'm working on this game this Christmas. (It just keeps getting longer though! My own head is a mess lol)

ANOTHER EDIT: I changed the title because nowadays it's a little too far from romance (Although it was going to be platonic anyway.) and more like... an horror game, but it's not... really frightening I guess?

So yeah... I can't show more content of the game because I don't want to spoil it, but I thought maybe somebody would be interested on the game statistics:
The game contains 1,587 dialogue blocks, containing 11,293 words and 59,500
characters, for an average of 7.1 words and 37 characters per block.

The game contains 7 menus, 117 images, and 14 screens.
The short version will be only one path and these stats include other paths' fragments, so the short ver. might have slightly less words than those. Or not, I'm still working on it.
And there will be less choices too, obviously. You can only get one ending after all.

I hope you still want to give it a try when I finish it despite all ^^
Hmmm...
I changed my mind, one cg won't hurt (?) if you have read the plot, on the first post, you won't be surprised.
Edit: I think I find this hard to write not only because is not my language, but because is, like, f*cking depressing, lol.
I don't even know if someone will like it, but oh well. It's difficult but I'm aproaching the end (of the short version HA ha Ha :'D when will I ever complete the full game ahh...)

Another edit: Btw, I think maybe I should erase that "slight" of the title. I think is a lil scary, this game. But I'm a crybaby, so I don't actually know.
Fun fact: For some reason, I always end up working on it at night. I'm stupid ah xD

OKAY so I edit again, just to let you, person that clicked on the topic for whatever reason, that I'm still working on this, obviously. I don't find it so depressing or scary anymore (???) I mean, lol. Maybe I was just passing through a difficult time on my private life. Lately I'm on a better mood and writting it's not so difficult anymore! BUT I'm also drowned in exams ¬.¬ oh well, I can do this >:(
(I'm strugling just to make the short version! How stupid is that? x'D -o-')

Edit: Editing so much didn't seem like a good idea, so I created a twitter-> https://twitter.com/Chihirchan
Last edited by Adriana72 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adriana72

Re: Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, drama, slight horror]

#17 Post by Adriana72 »

The "short version" of this game, featuring Shadow's end is finally avaliable!
I would really apreciate any opinion about the result to improve the game for its full version!

The art, writing, music... everything is final unless I consider I can improve them for that full version. That's why I want to hear your thoughts about it ^^
Also, if you can find typos I would be grateful, since english isn't my first languaje.

I think this game is too fast-paced, so you probably should take your time to read it to understand it fully ^^'

WARNING: This VN features horror elements and sensitive topics like suicide and madness.
Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dv8cv ... .0-all.zip
Last edited by Adriana72 on Thu May 19, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adriana72

Re: Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, drama] Short ver.!

#18 Post by Adriana72 »

Hey guys, so I have a question: should I update the game everytime I finish one path, so you can play it without too much waiting or only when the full version is complete?

At first I wanted to do the first option but maybe playing "bad endings" isn't enough rewarding for people?

Ryn

Re: Hindeus' Mansion [Supernatural, drama] Short ver.!

#19 Post by Ryn »

A charming yet dark VN! I love the character designs and the whole concept behind it. It's very interesting and I'm excited to play the full version when it's released. :D

The art is cute and unique too~! <3