Cerulean [SuNoFes] [Friendship] [Complete!]

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

Cerulean [SuNoFes] [Friendship] [Complete!]

#1 Post by Laniessa »

This game is now complete! You can find it in the completed section here!

Amorina is known as the "city on the tide." Waves lap at its shoreline to the sounds of gulls, and deep canals run through the streets. It has been nearly two years since Cello Aufiero and her mother moved to Amorina, yet despite the city's charm, Cello has yet to begin to feel at home. Like a tourist, it seems there is no place for her, and it's hard to make friends when you are only passing through.

One day, her teacher assigns the class a project, based on one simple question: "What is the true spirit of Amorina?" It's a simple question, but it feels impossible for an eternal tourist like Cello. Luckily, a pair of classmates comes to her rescue. Through this simple assignment, can she find true companionship? Or better yet, her true home?

ImageImageImage
Cello is a cheerful but shy seventh grader. She lives with her mother, Celeste, in a small home on Via Girasole. In her spare time, she enjoys helping Celeste in her glassblowing workshop, and reading about science facts. Coco* is a little stray dog who Cello encounters on her way home from school one afternoon. She is wary of Cello at first, but a bit of quick thinking wins her over.

(*Name changeable.)

ImageImageImage
Pippa is a girl in Cello's class, who is never seen without her sketchbook. While she seems friendly, she appears to hold an unknown grudge against Cello. Armand is a friend of Pippa's, nicknamed 'Uncle' by his classmates because of his 'advanced' age of 13. His tough exterior seems to hide a certain kindness.

Image Image Image

WIP-screenshots, will be different in the final game!

We are Pink Pomeranian Parade, or PPP for short! PPP consists of YuukiCrossPudding/Tenshio (character art/CGs), Laniessa (BGs/GUI), Laiska (writing), and Ultra_HR (code). We got together to make Cerulean for the Summer Novel Festival (SuNoFes), with the aim of making a short VN with a light and summer-y feel. The music is being composed by Sebastian Woodland.

Sprites: 100%
Backgrounds: 100%
CGs: 100%
GUI: 100%
Script: 100%
Programming: 100%
Music: 100%
Last edited by Laniessa on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:13 am, edited 7 times in total.

sorani
Veteran

Re: Cerulean

#2 Post by sorani »

I LOVE IT GIVE IT TO ME QWQ

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

Re: Cerulean

#3 Post by MaiMai »

Ahhh it looks great!!! I can see the grief put into those backgrounds, good lord.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Ernestalice15
Regular
Projects: One Last Crane, Demoness, The Golden Catalyst
Organization: Animon Works
IRC Nick: Nomina
Tumblr: ernestalice15
Deviantart: Ernestalice15

Re: Cerulean [SuNoFes] [Friendship]

#4 Post by Ernestalice15 »

Are those pixelated arts? Cool, and I can imagine the effort. Good luck to finish the project :D

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#5 Post by Harliqueen »

All of this looks amazing! The art is gorgeous, and I love the colour palette you got going on with it :D
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#6 Post by Alera »

Ah,the pixel style is so cool! It would be nice to play a VN with such unique visuals~ The story also seems really sweet so I look forward to it! Good luck to the PPP team! OvO/
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#7 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Good luck guys. Art looks very cute.

Laniessa
Veteran

#8 Post by Laniessa »

Thank you very much for your support, everyone! I'm glad people are looking forward to this game.

The game will all be done in a pixel art style, including the UI! Though, since pixelated fonts can be quite difficult to read at times, you will be able to turn off aliasing on the text.

As the background artist, uh, it has been full of grief fun! I worked very hard on the backgrounds, and I hope everyone enjoys them Tenshio did a great job on the sprites, so I'm glad you like those too! ★

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#9 Post by Hazel-Bun »

This is shaping up to be a beautiful and refreshing game! I especially adore the GUI and pixel style. Best of luck and thanks for keeping Alte's festival alive!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

verysunshine
Veteran
Organization: Wild Rose Interactive

#10 Post by verysunshine »

It looks absolutely serene. The pixel art is adorable.

Build the basics first, then add all the fun bits.

Please check out my games on my itch.io page!

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#11 Post by paradigmshifty »

I'll certainly be checking this out when it is released. The art and themes are very appealing!
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

Laniessa
Veteran

#12 Post by Laniessa »

Hi, hello, sorry for the lack of updates! We've all been furiously working to meet the deadline, and I'm happy to say that we've made good progress! I've updated the progress figures on the main thread, but most notably, our script is 100% finished, as are all art assets! The main GUI is also fully designed, we're just making a few extra bits to add the game.

We're now charging full-speed ahead with integrating the assets with the script, and hopefully we'll have a full game to show all of you by the deadline! Thank you all so much for the support!

@Hazel-bun & verysunshine: Thank you so much! We hope you enjoy our game once it's done.

@paradigmshifty: Thanks! And thank you for participating in SuNoFes, I'm looking forward to playing "For Ambergris" too c:

Quelcezot
Regular

#13 Post by Quelcezot »

I like the art style, and am a fan of the main character's name in particular. I think I'm in awe of how the gui, character, and background art fits together.

A friend of mine is writing about the theme of belonging, from the sounds of it this touches quite a bit on that? The tone looks fairly light from the art style you're going for, the title is interesting.

Would it be possible to have any more hints in regards to any of those aspects?
LOVE & PEACE

If two people talk long enough they can explain how they feel, maybe.

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#14 Post by chocojax »

So excited to see this get released!! Everything looks so awesome (just saw the GUI bug video, hee), so props to everyone on the team! Good luck with what you guys have left! \o/

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#15 Post by Laiska »

Quelcezot wrote:A friend of mine is writing about the theme of belonging, from the sounds of it this touches quite a bit on that? The tone looks fairly light from the art style you're going for, the title is interesting.

Would it be possible to have any more hints in regards to any of those aspects?
The main theme of the game is belonging and friendship, indeed.
The main plot of the game is about the three children exploring the city they live in, but on the whole, that aspect is actually a bit superfluous to them learning more about each other and growing closer in that way.
The title comes from our aim to make a game that is light and refreshing, like the colour blue or the ocean. I probably ended up going a bit overboard with the script, but I hope it still reflects that. :P