Sweet Tooth

Because less is more: Noncommercial games of < 1 hour playtime and < 2 month development time.
mjshi
Regular
Completed: MazeSite01, Ponderings of Time

Sweet Tooth

#1 Post by mjshi »

Download version 0.3: http://rpgmaker.net/games/4799

An alternate title was considered (Sweet Tooth: Sugar Crush) but then subsequently rejected as it was too similar to a certain mobile game.

This is for a game jam, of sorts, that ends October 31st. Requirements? >10 min of playtime.
The only redeeming feature of this game is the UI. I have been working on the UI for the past 5ish days xD
2 out of 8 main endings currently complete. Side stories possible if I have time.

Plot:
You play as yourself, a daughter and heiress of a local pastry shop. Someone has had the nerve to open a sweets shop just down the street from yours, and sales have been dropping like hot potatoes ever since. Your parents have left the shop for you to manage as they set off on a trip to steal- er, that is, learn from, the techniques of other pastry shops around the globe in hopes of reviving the business.

Characters:
Kyle He seems like a cheerful person. He's a customer at your pastry shop. 1/3 routes complete.

James He's a columnist on a university paper. He plans on reviewing your pastry shop. 0/3 routes complete.

William He's the sous chef, and his dad is friends with yours. Your dad has entrusted to him the cooking part of running this shop. COMPLETE Access his route by going to the kitchen often.

Screenshots (click to expand)
Image Image Image
Last edited by mjshi on Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Tracy Bullet
Regular

Re: Sweet Tooth

#2 Post by Tracy Bullet »

This sounds like a fun little thing, and it's a stretch, but I guess we can say since it is centered around sweets it is somewhat Halloween-y. (If it's October, it must be related to Halloween. If it is October, it must be related to Halloween. That is the mantra of the Known.)

mjshi
Regular

#3 Post by mjshi »

I didn't think that far, nor did I know of the mantra. I picked the theme because I was hungry xD But we could say that. And I could work that into the story, somehow :P

edit: New characters added, and 1 more route completed.

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#4 Post by Tracy Bullet »

mjshi wrote:New characters added, and 1 more route completed.
You work fast!

mjshi
Regular

#5 Post by mjshi »

I do have only a month to do this, so I've got to xD

Suika
Regular

#6 Post by Suika »

This looks cute! and it's making me hungry

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#7 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Waaah~ This game is adorable! I am really looking forward to it~ Keep up the great work!

mjshi
Regular

#8 Post by mjshi »

Download for William (kitchen) route up!
(Sweet Tooth 0.3 windows: http://rpgmaker.net/games/4799/downloads/7509/)

vociferocity
Regular
Projects: Rogue of Heart, Valkyrie

#9 Post by vociferocity »

I just played through William's route...very cute! I only got one of his endings
("Employee of the Year", I think? I also got the spy ending on my first try :cry: and a bankrupt ending :cry: ...at least I got one good ending!) , but I'll probably play again later to try get the other two (wouldn't mind some hints...)
, but I really enjoyed playing it! I like the casual art style, especially for a game you're trying to make quickly. (& I loved the "definitely clothed shopkeeper")