Hello people! My New Year's Resolution has been to make a short visual novel. I hope it will be finished within two months (no guarantees though).
The name is "Tenkeiteki Tokyo", which means as much as "Typically Tokyo" (I know I forgot the "na"). It's a parody story about a young man looking to get lucky. Despite the premise, it's not a hentai game. Everything in the story is for laughs.
The protagonist is Donkan Shujinko, a no-good, lazy hikikomori who decides to change his shameful ways.
Donkan ventures out into Tokyo and sets himself 3 goals :
- Get a girl
- Get a job
- Make parents proud
Apart from surviving the demon, our hero must also avoid accidental suicide, the Johohonbu, ghosts and premature ejaculation. On top of that, he must become a master of Seido, the Way of the Seed.
There are 13 characters in the game. The names are inspired by Kusoge's naming scheme
Above is Donkan with his mum and dad. It's a typical Japanese family. Donkan's parents have a habit of bumping into their son at inopportune moments. The situation they find him in will determine the esteem they have of their son.
Above are the possible love interests of Donkan.
- Otenba Banchou - a tomboy gangster whose hobbies include robbing, mugging and stealing. Can Donkan resist the lure of a life of crime and passion?
- Youjyo Haraguro - this little girl is sweet and innocent... or is she? There are worse things than death and Youjyo can do all of them.
- Oresama Tsundere - haughty and aloof, this "meister hacker" hangs from the electrical wires above the streets of Tokyo. Hidden from sight thanks to her thermal optic camouflage, she hacks into anything that runs on electricity.
- Dojikko Omorashi - this clumsy waitress on roller skates has a bladder problem. Can Donkan provide her with the stern hand she yearns for? Can Donkan stay dry?
- Kitsune Yaoi - the magical fox who guards the haunted Yanaka cemetery. Will Donkan be convinced by Kitsune that women are not worth the troubles? Will Donkan swing the other way and what will his parents think of that?
Above the remaining characters.
- Chuui Jijii - having been a Japanese holdout for over 50 years, lieutenant Chuui has returned to Japan to fulfill his lifelong dream of starting a restaurant. Unfortunately his associate is his great-granddaughter Dojikko. What wisdom can Donkan glean from this old warrior?
- Jukujo Chikarao - agent of the Japanese military intelligence agency and wielding a bigger gun than Dirty Harry. Can Donkan proof he's not a Chinese spy?
- Oushi and Saru - any good antagonist needs a couple of idiot sidekicks. Jukujo's henchmen Oushi and Saru fit that bill nicely.
- Oni Rangaku - the vengeful demon wreaking havoc in Tokyo at the time of Donkan's quest. His magical sword slices through trains, buildings and Japanese people. Can Donkan put a stop to the demon's rampage?
So far I've got the beginning and a couple of endings (including the "true one") and a bunch of stuff in the middle.
Apart from the above graphics, there are about 20 sprites. I hope to finish all sprites in the coming week.
Since all graphics will be hand drawn, I'll wait with coloring till I'm sure I don't need more sprites. This way I can color all sprites of each characters in one go.
That's it for now. I'll keep this thread updated.